PDA

View Full Version : 11.5" won't group

shadow65
05-26-10, 20:29
I've had this rifle for about 4 years. Never had any issues with it. I was at the range today and it just woulkd not group. I have changed FCG's in it. It's an RRA and is stiff. I also have had it apart recently.
The barrel doesn't seem loose. The sights are standard FSB and reovable carry handle. Both tight.
When I started it shot great. Dead on at 50 yards. I revoved the carry handle and put a scope on. It wouldn't group well with the scope. Put the carry handle back on, wouldn't group.
Maybe it was just me. Didn't have any trouble with my other two.
Any ideas? Was not shooting good ammo. Wolf and Fed AE 55 gr. But I've used it before.

Col_Crocs
05-26-10, 22:15
How far off were your hits?
You most probably lost zero upon removal and reinstallation of both pieces. It is generally recommended, if not required, that you re-zero upon reinstallation.

Ridge_Runner_5
05-26-10, 22:22
Both of those are not very accurate ammo. Wolf especially. Its good if you want to hear your gun go bang, but not much more.

shadow65
05-26-10, 22:27
I'm going to try it again tomorrow. Maybe after 6 hours of range time in 92 degrees wore me down.;)

bkb0000
05-26-10, 22:28
what was your spread? i'd try different ammo

LOKNLOD
05-26-10, 22:46
What kind of scope, and what kind of mount was the scope on?

shadow65
05-27-10, 15:41
Went back to the range today with a rest. Got it dialed in and all is well. I think the biggest problem was I was shooting 3 different rifles. One, a target AR with a worked target trigger. 2nd is my duty rifle which has a lot of rounds through it and the trigger is worn smooth. And the 11.5" with a new G.I. trigger. I think I was pulling the shots between the difference of the guns/triggers, the heat, and my worn out finger.
I would rather it be that than a barrel.;)