PDA

View Full Version : Fort Knox Area (KY)

Army Chief
05-27-10, 15:39
Just relocated from NoVa to north-central Kentucky/Fort Knox/Greater Louisville area. This close to Knob Creek, there must be something going on worth knowing about ... but I haven't gotten quite that far yet.

AC

warpigM-4
05-27-10, 15:45
I love Fort Knox !!Trained there in 06,great area to Camp ,I went in to Louisville Once But never really Found anything to do.I wish I could Remember the Name Of a Mexican Joint One of My SGT told me about they Had the Best Tamales .That is a Place to check out had great drink deals too.Congrats on the Move I am sure you will Find something to Get into:D

Irish
05-27-10, 15:52
These guys are M4C authorized dealers and contribute to the forum on a regular basis, they're located in the Louisville area. http://www.superiorfirearmsllc.com/

I'll be there next week and if it weren't for my new 442 taking a shit on me the first time to the range I'd be dropping it off while I'm there for some work... back to S&W for some warranty work first I'm afraid.

Mr. Smith
05-27-10, 16:06
These guys are M4C authorized dealers and contribute to the forum on a regular basis, they're located in the Louisville area. http://www.superiorfirearmsllc.com/

I'll be there next week and if it weren't for my new 442 taking a shit on me the first time to the range I'd be dropping it off while I'm there for some work... back to S&W for some warranty work first I'm afraid.

Sorry to hear about your 442 we will miss the opportunity to help.
If there is any thing we can do for you let us know.

http://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy358/SuperiorFirearms/627/Rob%20Haught%20class/ar15%20and%202011/lady%20smith%20mod%2060/500%20smith%20and%20frind/100_0932.jpg

We just moved and have a nice showroom in the works if you stop by.

Army Chief
05-27-10, 17:45
Definitely appreciate the lead. I had failed to make the mental/geographical connection between Superior and the new homestead, but will surely make my way up there in time -- I'm looking to put roots down in the area, and am interested in what you gentlemen are doing up there in the big city. =]

AC

DragonDoc
05-27-10, 17:53
Don't forget to check out the Knob Creek Range. The next machine gun shoot is in October.

http://www.machinegunshoot.com/machine_gun_shoot.html

Army Chief
05-27-10, 17:59
As a longtime Class III guy, the proximity to Knob Creek was the very first thing I noticed upon arrival.

Need to get some 6.8mm ammo in my range bag and Jeep my way over there. Soon.

AC

lewis
05-28-10, 02:31
The guys at Superior are Class III dealers and generally all around great guys. They can also get you all kinds of other gear (packs, holsters, knives, whatever.)

Knob creek is pretty cool and their range fees are cheap.

There are several other ranges and gun stores and plenty of cool stuff in the area. It's really a pretty good place to be for a guns and gear nut.

Welcome to the area.

Mr. Smith
05-28-10, 11:38
As a longtime Class III guy, the proximity to Knob Creek was the very first thing I noticed upon arrival.

Need to get some 6.8mm ammo in my range bag and Jeep my way over there. Soon.

AC

Love to have you in just call and we will be here to help you.

Mr. Smith
05-28-10, 11:39
The guys at Superior are Class III dealers and generally all around great guys. They can also get you all kinds of other gear (packs, holsters, knives, whatever.)

Knob creek is pretty cool and their range fees are cheap.

There are several other ranges and gun stores and plenty of cool stuff in the area. It's really a pretty good place to be for a guns and gear nut.

Welcome to the area.

Thank you brother

Sierrahotel83
06-13-10, 23:50
Hey Chief... Welcome to KY... I know you piped up on my thread about trying to get a MD class in KY... I think that a RSKTKR class may work out to be quicker to get here... I just posted a thread to see if I can get people interested. here is the link.
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=681640#post681640

Army Chief
06-14-10, 06:04
Saw that last night, and I probably need to do some research before I weigh-in one way or the other. Given my schedule, MD would have been a stretch, but one well worth making. Just not as immediately famliar with RSKTKR.

AC

DragonDoc
06-15-10, 17:24
Hey Chief do they still sell firearms in the PX at Knox?

Army Chief
06-15-10, 20:38
Indeed!

As of this past weekend, they a SA SOCOM-16, FN PS-90, KAC SR-15 (!!), Steyr AUG-A3, DPMS .308, LWRC piston gun, various FN tactical bolt guns, various Remington 700 bolt guns, Colt 9mm AR and about a half-dozen other rifles that I would have gladly taken home with me. 6.8 ammo and mags, too. I was floored!

You have to keep in mind that I've been overseas for most of the past 10 years, and I didn't even realize the PX was selling guns again -- much less guns of this quality. I almost fell over when I saw the Knight's AR. Prices seem competitive, too.

AC

Army Chief
07-11-10, 17:54
I need to amend the latter part of my previous post. The Knox PX definitely still sells firearms -- good ones -- but their pricing is not especially competitive. It is pretty close to typical retail for a shop that stocks through an intermediary distributor, which is, in fact, the case.

For example, I've been shopping for an AUG, SR-15 or ACR, and did some basic AUG research as a test case. MSRP is right around $2,300, and the PX was about $50 under that. Trouble is, you can find AUG A3s pretty easily (Gordon Miller, Pete Athens) for well under $2,000. Same situation for the ACR, save for the fact that the PX doesn't have one, has never had one, and has no idea when they might get one.

I'll shop elsewhere, and just do all of my transfers through Superior or Knob Creek.

AC