PDA

View Full Version : You guys made me do it.... (M&P40 purchase)

altramagnus
05-27-10, 16:48
Well I just picked up my M&P .40f today. Man can't wait to take it out for run.

When it arrived.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/altramagnus/S1050934.jpg

After I added texture.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/altramagnus/S1050940.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/altramagnus/S1050939.jpg

Have a Raven holster and mag holders on order. Thinking about adding the mag extensions but not sure how I feel about them yet. Look like they would stick out to far when holstered and sitting.

Eh still thinking about it.

Anyway thought I stop in and say how excited I am now.

Shawn

CyberM4
05-27-10, 17:29
Congrats on your M&P 40f. When will you be going to the Range?

Chadzillaa
05-27-10, 17:48
It looks great man. Congrats! How did you do the stippling? Soldering iron? Im looking to do mine soon and yours turned out great. Happy shooting.

altramagnus
05-27-10, 17:49
Congrats on your M&P 40f. When will you be going to the Range?

Hopefully next week. I also installed a Rainier Arms flash/comp on my carbine a few weeks ago so I am anticipating that as well. Been a busy ass 2 months unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply

Shawn

altramagnus
05-27-10, 17:51
It looks great man. Congrats! How did you do the stippling? Soldering iron? Im looking to do mine soon and yours turned out great. Happy shooting.

Soldering iron yep. Pretty comfy with one now after adding texture to my AFG, XTM panels and Pmags.

Small/Medium tip. Only thing I can tell you is the actual frame is easy and like texturing a Pmag but the grip pieces are soft and melt easy so practice on a extra first so you get the feel.

Thanks for the comments.

Shawn

jaxman7
05-27-10, 20:17
Agreed on the texturing. The gun itself is easier than the removable backstraps. They are much softer in relation to the density of the polymer compared to the gun itself. On lighter note, welcome aboard the M&P train so to speak! Its a great handgun!

M4arc
05-27-10, 20:19
Awesome man! I'm currently working a trade for an M&P40 so I might have one this weekend!

Seeing yours has me jonesing :D

RogerinTPA
05-27-10, 21:10
Great choice and congrats. Nice job with the stippling as well. The M&P40 is the best, smoothest shooting .40 I've ever fired. I enjoy the crap out of mine. Enjoy.:cool:

Entropy
05-27-10, 21:44
Excellent choice in the M&P and the .40. The .40 really shines in the M&P platform.

skyugo
05-27-10, 21:53
.40 sucks! :o
jk.. good choice man. :cool:

GermanSynergy
05-27-10, 22:28
OP,
Congrats on the purchase. Great to see another Marylander here as well.

BVickery
05-27-10, 23:16
congrats on your new purchase!

I'm on my 2nd M&P (used the 9c to get a FS in 9mm).

If your not liking the trigger, the apeks really improves the feel of the trigger (at least for mine).

Again, congrats and get to the range to show us some pics.

altramagnus
05-28-10, 04:47
Thanks guys. I will post up more pics when I get her out.

Shawn

altramagnus
05-28-10, 05:56
OP,
Congrats on the purchase. Great to see another Marylander here as well.

Thanks man, what part of MD you in...We usually go up to Mayberry in Westminster. Nice range and they extended the rifle out to 600yrds.

Shawn

SWATcop556
05-28-10, 06:06
Nice looking pistol and well done on the stippling. If I had to go back to carrying a .40 cal it would probably be the M&P but I would definitely have to add the apex parts.

altramagnus
05-28-10, 06:57
gonna see how she runs and feels then decide if I want to upgrade to the Apex parts.

I've heard nothing but good things about the Apex parts but just want to see if I think I need them. I am comfy working on my carbine but never worked on a pistol so not sure I can tackler that myself and don't want to send her off so soon.

Shawn

ralph
05-28-10, 07:34
Watch the installation videos Randy Lee put up on installing his parts..It's actually fairly easy, If you can operate a hammer and a punch, you're in! I installed Apex sears, and FPB's in both my M&P's. If I can do it, anyone can..

jaxman7
05-28-10, 08:24
You beat me to it! OP I was going to say the same thing. It really is very simple to do. All you need,to install their sear, is a small hammer an 1/8 inch punch and probably a very small flat head screw driver or pick to help with installing the sear spring. Can't think of anything else. Check out their duty carry action enhancement kit. I highly recommend it. The most difficult part is the DCAEK trigger return spring but there are techniques to simplify the installation. Also with that same kit you have to remove the sight. Again, not difficult but something to consider. I'll be the 134,872nd person to say it but Apex Tactical parts simply work great.

[/B]
Watch the installation videos Randy Lee put up on installing his parts..It's actually fairly easy, If you can operate a hammer and a punch, you're in! I installed Apex sears, and FPB's in both my M&P's. If I can do it, anyone can..

altramagnus
05-29-10, 16:32

You beat me to it! OP I was going to say the same thing. It really is very simple to do. All you need,to install their sear, is a small hammer an 1/8 inch punch and probably a very small flat head screw driver or pick to help with installing the sear spring. Can't think of anything else. Check out their duty carry action enhancement kit. I highly recommend it. The most difficult part is the DCAEK trigger return spring but there are techniques to simplify the installation. Also with that same kit you have to remove the sight. Again, not difficult but something to consider. I'll be the 134,872nd person to say it but Apex Tactical parts simply work great.

[/B]

Thanks guys, I will check out the videos and see if I feel up to it. You do make it sound easy.

Removing the sight I guess wouldn't be a bitch with a sight tool.

Shawn

Ed L.
05-29-10, 18:22
Great gun.

I recently fired one at a range that I seemed to shoot every bit as well as my M&P9 with a Bowie trigger guard. Certainly the trigger was not as smooth and light, but it seemed better than other factory M&Ps that I shot. I asked the owner if it had any trigger work and he replied that he did not know since he bought it used.

macnamara
05-29-10, 18:38
Well done, fella.

I just came back from the first trip to the range with my wife and her JG model. They're great pistols.

9DivDoc
05-29-10, 20:21
I really am learning to like these M&Ps...

My wife and I gave away two M&P .45's to our nephews 1 for
graduating from Marine Recon & the other College ROTC

So we don't currently own any M&Ps right now...in fact I was
about to pick up on a new G22 when my eyes wandered upon this

http://www.gunblast.com/images/NRA2010/DSC00969.JPG

http://www.gunblast.com/images/NRA2010/DSC00972.JPG

Smith & Wesson's M&P40 VTac will be available mid-year... (June?)

...the M&P40 VTac features a neat dual sighting system, with fiber-optics for daytime use and Tritium night sights.

Just found my wife's new pistola...

altramagnus
05-30-10, 06:01

...the M&P40 VTac features a neat dual sighting system, with fiber-optics for daytime use and Tritium night sights.

Ah yes the Vtac, depending on the price that may be my second M&P. I do have a weakness for that color.

Shawn

M4arc
05-30-10, 06:06
Ah yes the Vtac, depending on the price that may be my second M&P. I do have a weakness for that color.

Shawn

Yep, I'm digging that color and thinking about getting one as well.

GotAmmo
05-30-10, 21:33

oh heck... that may be my first M&P

arbninftry
05-30-10, 22:52
After reading all the M&P die hard reviews I got suckered in too. I bought a 45c. Occasionally I do listen to my elders!