PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Lowers

C4IGrant
05-21-07, 11:58
I have one of the VERY first Noveske lowers ever made on a personal weapon. Recently, I got another batch of their lowers in. It was easy to tell that these were not the same lowers that I had before! Fit and finish is nicer (especially the roll marks).

So after a quick phone call, Noveske told me that LAR is now making their lowers (not Stag). This is a much nicer lower IMHO than the Stag lowers YMMV.

Here are some pics.

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/JN%20Rifleworks/Lower%20with%20CTR.jpg

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/JN%20Rifleworks/Lower%20with%20parts%20kit%20installed.jpg

ffhounddog
05-21-07, 12:10
Are you trying to tell me I need to get another lower?

C4IGrant
05-21-07, 12:14
Are you trying to tell me I need to get another lower?

LOL, no. Just that Noveske has changed manufacturers on us.

C4

tiger seven
05-21-07, 12:19
Are these the ones I'm on "the list" for? :)

Derek

C4IGrant
05-21-07, 12:26
Are these the ones I'm on "the list" for? :)

Derek

Yes.

C4

5POINT56
05-21-07, 12:32
That set up looks familiar. Any chance I know the owner? :cool:

cdvanns
05-21-07, 12:33
I picked one up last fri. and the finish is smooth as silk.

C4IGrant
05-21-07, 12:34
That set up looks familiar. Any chance I know the owner? :cool:

I did a couple of them like this so it could be yours!

C4

Greyman09
05-21-07, 13:58
Grant,

How much do these run? Thanks for the order the other week.

Grey

C4IGrant
05-21-07, 14:15
Grant,

How much do these run? Thanks for the order the other week.

Grey

$125.

C4

NickB
05-21-07, 15:23
I've always loved the noveske roll mark. For $125, that's tough to pass up...that includes the matching Noveske VLTOR upper and 10.5" barrel, right? :p

C4IGrant
05-21-07, 15:29
I've always loved the noveske roll mark. For $125, that's tough to pass up...that includes the matching Noveske VLTOR upper and 10.5" barrel, right? :p

LOL Yes, it does.

C4

baffle Stack
05-21-07, 21:45
Funniest post ever ^^^

I love the Iron Cross.
Ohh an all Noveske carbine sounds like divine intervention

Nick… So when you going to link to that new Pmag info? I despise cryptic posts. If I wanted to Google for my info I wouldn’t be here

Thanks friend.
Ants

NickB
05-21-07, 22:00
Funniest post ever ^^^

I love the Iron Cross.
Ohh an all Noveske carbine sounds like divine intervention

Nick… So when you going to link to that new Pmag info? I despise cryptic posts. If I wanted to Google for my info I wouldn’t be here

Thanks friend.
Ants

Haha. It's not new PMAG info - Magpul announced a new weapon.

xm15
05-21-07, 23:46
I have one of the VERY first Noveske lowers ever made on a personal weapon. Recently, I got another batch of their lowers in. It was easy to tell that these were not the same lowers that I had before! Fit and finish is nicer (especially the roll marks).

So after a quick phone call, Noveske told me that LAR is now making their lowers (not Stag). This is a much nicer lower IMHO than the Stag lowers YMMV.

Thats good to hear.
Mine is a complete one with CTR and MUR and is enroute Via happy truck:D

cdvanns
05-22-07, 05:14
Are their Noveske marked upper receivers to be had anywhere?

5POINT56
05-22-07, 06:46
Are their Noveske marked upper receivers to be had anywhere?

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?cat=7

cdvanns
05-22-07, 11:56
Yea, I've seen the uppers for sale but I'm looking for Noveske marked "upper receivers" for sale rather than complete uppers, or is the issue a complete upper is the only way to get one?

C4IGrant
05-22-07, 11:58
Yea, I've seen the uppers for sale but I'm looking for Noveske marked "upper receivers" for sale rather than complete uppers, or is the issue a complete upper is the only way to get one?

Noveske will NOT sell their marked upper receivers.

C4

cdvanns
05-22-07, 12:08
Thanks, I thought that might be the case and a Vltor upper receiver minus the Noveske logo is the best I could do as far as a matching the lower.

Voodoochild
05-22-07, 18:29
Well I guess I will need to email Grant and get put on the waiting list for one of them.

ETA: I have a Sun Devil lower I am just not happy with. The finish is not great it scratches so easily I am afraid to do anything with it. So hopefully the Noveske is better.

Razorhunter
05-22-07, 18:41
Can someone tell me what "YMMV" stands for in regards to internet chat?
For the life of me, I've never been able to figure that one out..???

Thanks guys.

Voodoochild
05-22-07, 18:46
YMMV= Your mileage may vary. You now officially owe me a Noveske lower for that. ;)

RHINO6383
05-22-07, 20:41
Any one have an idea what a complete Noveske SA lower would be with the Magpul Miad large grip and a Magpul UBR Stock, in black?

Voodoochild
05-22-07, 20:57
Best bet would be to talk to Grant or one of the other dealer's on here. They can give you a good price I am sure.

NickB
05-22-07, 21:20
Any one have an idea what a complete Noveske SA lower would be with the Magpul Miad large grip and a Magpul UBR Stock, in black?

Sounds like a $500+ project to me, depending on your internals.

C4IGrant
05-23-07, 08:43
Well I guess I will need to email Grant and get put on the waiting list for one of them.

ETA: I have a Sun Devil lower I am just not happy with. The finish is not great it scratches so easily I am afraid to do anything with it. So hopefully the Noveske is better.

Noveske lowers are in stock now.

C4

xm15
05-23-07, 12:53
Noveske will NOT sell their marked upper receivers.

C4

I called Noveske and asked them that and they only do that on complete uppers and are not planning to.

waiting for my N4 and MUR-1a to arrive, then a Noveske barrel from Grant and a New shooter will be born.

Upper pic from MM site that I found also on VLTOR's
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/moorerick55/MURside.jpg

and from grants post, as I have it purchased
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l157/moorerick55/LowerwithCTR.jpg

tiger seven
05-26-07, 12:56
I picked up my Noveske lower this morning. I know we often joke about how some people obsess over "fit & finish" but this is undoubtedly the nicest forged lower I have ever seen. I'm tempted to even call it beautiful.

Thanks, Grant.

Derek

jackinfl
05-26-07, 13:36
Who knows what companies are the three Lower manufacturers? I read on here I think that most Lowers come from only three companies and they Private label for the name brands.

If Noveske is using LAR (what does that stand for) who else uses LAR? and the other two who do they make parts for?

I bet Colt does not make all of their own parts... someone said only 7 in house. I just don't think or see how it could be profitable to make all parts in house.

Thanks,
Jack

C4IGrant
05-26-07, 13:45
Who knows what companies are the three Lower manufacturers? I read on here I think that most Lowers come from only three companies and they Private label for the name brands.

If Noveske is using LAR (what does that stand for) who else uses LAR? and the other two who do they make parts for?

I bet Colt does not make all of their own parts... someone said only 7 in house. I just don't think or see how it could be profitable to make all parts in house.

Thanks,
Jack

I believe that LAR makes the following lowers:

Noveske, Bushmaster, Ameetech, DPMS, CMMG, Double Star, Fulton

Often times, larger manufacturers will have lowers made from several places in order to keep up with demand.

C4

MASP7
05-26-07, 17:35
Odd, I got a couple of Noveske lowers last week (direct from Noveske) and they were the Stag manufactured version.

I have to say, they are as nice a lower as I've seen, and a whole lot nicer than they need to be. I actually prefer Stag's version of the markings, not that it really matters.