PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Crew

rjacobs
05-27-10, 19:54
Anybody else on here from Missouri? I am in St. Louis and there aint much going on here as far as I can tell. A few IDPA/USPSA events each month and very little to no practical training beyond a basic NRA or CCW class.

rat31465
05-28-10, 08:52
Hello from Springfield. Check into the Columbia area for more training/comp.

bnanaphone
05-28-10, 09:59
Here in St. Louis too.

I use the range in Imperial for indoor use and a buddy's property for outdoor use. Nothing formal. Not aware of much happening in this city as far as competition or training.

HAMMERDROP
05-28-10, 10:25
Now in St Charles ...that move put me 14 exits closer to the range.

Michael

rjacobs
05-30-10, 20:10
www.udrange.com

This is the site of the new range opening in St. Peters at 70 and 79. Supposed to be open early September. This is the guy who owns www.mocct.com which is the largest CCW trainer in the state. He is also a Sgt. on the Lake Saint Louis PD. I havent taken any of this advanced handgun or carbine class's, but my dad has taken both the advanced 1 and 2 pistol classes and he was impressed by them, but its his only training.

Once the range is open I will try to get him to run some kind of weekly class for 2 or so hours.

bnanaphone
05-30-10, 20:16
Thanks for the info. St. Peters is not that far and I am looking forward to feedback on the courses and range. If there is a quality trainer/course available in the local market, I am all for it.

Bubba FAL
06-05-10, 01:20
Joplin here.

Decent public range @ Camp Crowder in Neosho. Also belong to Joplin Rifle & Pistol Club - rifle range is across the border in Galena, KS.

rat31465
06-05-10, 08:12
Joplin here.

Decent public range @ Camp Crowder in Neosho.

I'd be interested in knowing more about this range..such as what is max distances one can shoot? I assume it is Rifle and Pistol both?

Guess I should have done some looking before I asked....!
http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/moatlas/AreaShootingRangeDetail.aspx?txtAreaID=6510&txtAreaNm=&txtCounty=&txtRegion=&txtUserID=guest&txtDivision=&txtDoveMap=

Bubba FAL
06-05-10, 21:45
I'd be interested in knowing more about this range..such as what is max distances one can shoot? I assume it is Rifle and Pistol both?

Guess I should have done some looking before I asked....!
http://mdc4.mdc.mo.gov/applications/moatlas/AreaShootingRangeDetail.aspx?txtAreaID=6510&txtAreaNm=&txtCounty=&txtRegion=&txtUserID=guest&txtDivision=&txtDoveMap=

Yep, 25, 50 and 100yd ranges. Also a Trap/Skeet range. All shooting positions covered and concrete - shotgun area excepted. Targets are provided @ no cost (bring a staple gun). Not bad for a free public range.

There's also a public range at Bois D'arc, which would be closer to you. I haven't been there, but a bunch of the Osage Orange Rifle Club members that shoot at our Highpower matches use it and say it's nice.

Abraxas
06-05-10, 21:58
Anybody else on here from Missouri? I am in St. Louis and there aint much going on here as far as I can tell. A few IDPA/USPSA events each month and very little to no practical training beyond a basic NRA or CCW class.

There is some decent schools down by Springfield. APT academy , and Bear Creek Tactical. I have attended classes at APT, and I have shot at Bear Creek. I know instructors at both and think that both are great places. If I remember correctly(it has been a while) there is a three gun in Waynesville (down by Rolla if you did not know) once a month or every other month.

whofan
06-20-10, 10:58
The Bois D'arc range is nice. All covered except for the shotgun area.

It costs three dollars per hour. No rapid fire or human-like targets, though.

rjacobs
06-20-10, 13:56
The memberships for the new range in St. Peters(www.udrange.com) are just now becoming available.

I got the gold family membership which is unlimited range use for a year for a family of 4 for $450 bucks. Everybody in my family shoots so it was a good option for us. The silver family membership is $225, but is like 12 bucks an hour for range time so in only 19 hours of range use(divided between 4 people) you make up the difference.

Abraxas
06-20-10, 14:00
There is a new indoor range in Ozark. 3mi south of Springfield at hwy 65 & CC. They said that they allow rapid fire and silhouettes.

Wulfgar
07-11-10, 14:39
Hello from Kansas City!

hellion
07-14-10, 18:25
St. Louis here.

rat31465
07-15-10, 06:54
There is a new indoor range in Ozark. 3mi south of Springfield at hwy 65 & CC. They said that they allow rapid fire and silhouettes.

Abraxasa....Do you know the name of the facility?

Abraxas
07-17-10, 09:50
Abraxas....Do you know the name of the facility?

I believe it is called, Sounds of Freedom. It is on the west side of 65

champ198
07-17-10, 11:57
Sullivan,MO here

m4gery
07-18-10, 10:18
St. Louis area here, just on the Illinois side (not east St. Louis). Looking for somewhere to shoot and train.

smullen
07-19-10, 16:24
St. Louis Here, N. County, right offa 270...

Spade
07-19-10, 17:03
Abraxas has all the intel for the Springfield area. Hell of a good guy.

Pumpkinheaver
07-19-10, 22:18
Farmington here. Belong to 67 gun club. www.67gunclub.org

blksn955.o
08-13-10, 19:57
Newbie here should pick up my S&W M&P15 wed. I was looking to get one or build one this fall but the deals on them in CDNN were just too good to pass up.

Live in Florissant for the time being...work in O'Fallon MO. Anyone heard any expected open date for the udrange? I will have to check that out when it does open, heard there is supposed to be another indoor range opening in the St. Peters/O'Fallon area as well.

smullen
08-13-10, 20:03

Hey, I know you from that other site... :)

Newbie here should pick up my S&W M&P15 wed. I was looking to get one or build one this fall but the deals on them in CDNN were just too good to pass up.

Live in Florissant for the time being...work in O'Fallon MO. Anyone heard any expected open date for the udrange? I will have to check that out when it does open, heard there is supposed to be another indoor range opening in the St. Peters/O'Fallon area as well.

Welcome... I'm just down the road from you about a mile or two offa 270 and Lilac...

Hopefully, shooting my 1st Steel Plates down at ARPC tommorow morning...

Man, not much chatter in here from the MO guys.....

You all shooting, building, drinking, working too much????

smullen
08-13-10, 20:04
delete

Edit buttn says edit/delete, but I can't figure out how to delete...

Boo for my delete skills... Or lack of,,,

blksn955.o
08-13-10, 21:16
Welcome... I'm just down the road from you about a mile or two offa 270 and Lilac...

Hopefully, shooting my 1st Steel Plates down at ARPC tommorow morning...

Man, not much chatter in here from the MO guys.....

You all shooting, building, drinking, working too much????

I am busy at work and I sure am not complaining about my badge working so far in this mess of an economy. Been shooting a glock 22 I picked up a few months ago (first pistol) and had the slide powdercoated black chrome. For myself its just been plain to hot and humid to go shoot or mess with my other toy (my screen name breaks down to blk = black, sn95 = 94-04 mustang, 5.o = 5.0. pushrod v8 made only in 94&95 for this body style)

I might run up to Busch next week when my M&P15 comes in...grew up out in Defiance so might meet up with an old buddy.

Good luck with the plates.

rjacobs
08-13-10, 23:36

UD Range is supposed to open if not first week of September, by the second week. The owner is hoping for then and all the work going on now is basically finishing it out, all the major stuff is done and delivered. The first large order of guns for stock to sell has been placed. Hes going to have some cool stuff like an ultra sonic cleaning machine that will handle rifles(I think he said he bought the big one).

I have not heard of another range opening and I am sure I would hear of it since I am pretty atune to the fgoings on in St. Chuck county in regards to guns and what not.

UD range is going to have some weekly pistol leagues and I am going to try to get him to set up a weekly carbine league, but I honestly dont have a clue on what kind of shooting would be appropriate or even fun for something like that on a 25 yard range. I doubt that stuff will get going until November or even later.

blksn955.o
08-14-10, 07:30
UD Range is supposed to open if not first week of September, by the second week. The owner is hoping for then and all the work going on now is basically finishing it out, all the major stuff is done and delivered. The first large order of guns for stock to sell has been placed. Hes going to have some cool stuff like an ultra sonic cleaning machine that will handle rifles(I think he said he bought the big one).

I have not heard of another range opening and I am sure I would hear of it since I am pretty atune to the fgoings on in St. Chuck county in regards to guns and what not.

UD range is going to have some weekly pistol leagues and I am going to try to get him to set up a weekly carbine league, but I honestly dont have a clue on what kind of shooting would be appropriate or even fun for something like that on a 25 yard range. I doubt that stuff will get going until November or even later.

I was looking at the pics online and it looked like they had to be opening soon from those. Looks like it will be a nice place. One of my co-workers heard 2 permits were given for new ranges in the area.

I thought I read the udrange was going to have a 100yrd area as well or is that outdoors?

rjacobs
08-14-10, 08:37
I was looking at the pics online and it looked like they had to be opening soon from those. Looks like it will be a nice place. One of my co-workers heard 2 permits were given for new ranges in the area.

I thought I read the udrange was going to have a 100yrd area as well or is that outdoors?

UD Range is in the middle of an industrial complex so no outdoor range. I have not heard of another permit being given for another range(indoor or outdoor). When they originally had the plans for this range developed the land was in Wentzville and after they had the permits and everything finished up the land owner decided to raise the price of the land by like 5x so they walked. They then had to go through the process again in St. Peters with the new land. Maybe that is why your friend heard about 2 permits being given out.

Or maybe he heard about Metro Shooting supplies potential range in Bridgeton or the one from On Target(not sure where its at). I am not sure on the details of either one of those. I think On Targets range may be open or pretty close.

blksn955.o
08-14-10, 08:51
UD Range is in the middle of an industrial complex so no outdoor range. I have not heard of another permit being given for another range(indoor or outdoor). When they originally had the plans for this range developed the land was in Wentzville and after they had the permits and everything finished up the land owner decided to raise the price of the land by like 5x so they walked. They then had to go through the process again in St. Peters with the new land. Maybe that is why your friend heard about 2 permits being given out.

Or maybe he heard about Metro Shooting supplies potential range in Bridgeton or the one from On Target(not sure where its at). I am not sure on the details of either one of those. I think On Targets range may be open or pretty close.

I think it was the wentzville deal. Cant wait to stop and check them out when they open will make up my mind on a membership after a couple of visits and might take my CCW with them. After reading the instructor bio's, course outlines, cost, and other instructed classes I think they have a lot to offer at a reasonable cost/tier setup.

rjacobs
08-14-10, 08:58
I think it was the wentzville deal. Cant wait to stop and check them out when they open will make up my mind on a membership after a couple of visits and might take my CCW with them. After reading the instructor bio's, course outlines, cost, and other instructed classes I think they have a lot to offer at a reasonable cost/tier setup.

I would highly recommend Paul for the CCW class, he actually makes it enjoyable and the time flies by. My dad has taken the shotgun class, and both advanced handgun 1 and 2 classes and really liked them. They have a few classes that are not listed on the site because they are invite only once you complete some of the other classes. I am really interested in taking his carbine course.

My family got the gold membership for unlimited use for 1 year so I will be up there a ton and when I am not up there I will be in the basement reloading ammo.

hellion
08-16-10, 07:56

Florissant here as well.

rat31465
08-16-10, 08:59

http://sof-usa.com/legal/
I have been by it myself now but haven't yet had a chance to go visit it.
The website has some information on the facility.

bnanaphone
08-16-10, 09:54
I am certainly looking forward to the udrange opening. Some of the classes look interesting and would/will be my first foray into formal training. I need to check out their site again soon.

I don't get out to the St. Louis ranges as often as I would like, but I am really trying to work on that.

blksn955.o
09-01-10, 19:30
Co-worker signed up for the UD range newsletter. He got notice it looks to be opening Sep. 20th.

I think I will be signing up after the first of the year with UD. The wife expressed interest in getting her license as well so we will probably do it together and maybe with the father-in-law (who needs a CCW a decade ago).

I think I may go out to Reifsnider since Busch is opening up this weekend and I am sure it will be packed since it was closed for a week or two.

smullen
09-01-10, 23:08
Co-worker signed up for the UD range newsletter. He got notice it looks to be opening Sep. 20th.

I think I will be signing up after the first of the year with UD. The wife expressed interest in getting her license as well so we will probably do it together and maybe with the father-in-law (who needs a CCW a decade ago).

I think I may go out to Reifsnider since Busch is opening up this weekend and I am sure it will be packed since it was closed for a week or two.

Yea I head about that from my uncle, he went out there to test out a new rifle and they werre closed...

What exactly where they doin???

blksn955.o
09-02-10, 17:26
I am not exactly sure what was being done I think it was maintenance, repair, or construction of some kind. I was there the day before they closed and I only got the tail end of it on the intercom/PA as they gave a reminder. The wife was with me and it started raining as we were leaving and I forgot to ask when I picked up my license on the way out.

Scorpion
09-06-10, 14:07
North St. Louis County, Woodson Terrace. Like 2 minutes away from I-70.

m4gery
09-06-10, 16:30
North St. Louis County, Woodson Terrace. Like 2 minutes away from I-70.

Where do you shoot around there? I'm about 30 minutes east of you and have had a hard time finding a range.

Scorpion
09-06-10, 17:43
I usually go to Bulls Eye LLC., in the city. It's close to the south side. It's an indoor range, max. distance of 25 yards. You can only bring rifles if you're a member.

I've made a couple of trips out to the Busch range in St. Charles for longer distance shooting (100 yards), but that's way out of my way.

This might help you:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=shooting+range+st.+louis&fb=1&gl=us&hq=shooting+range&hnear=St+Louis,+MO&view=text&ei=1GqFTILVLYWBlAfIwJThDw&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=more-results&resnum=1&ved=0CDUQtwMwAA

smullen
09-06-10, 19:07
I'm about 30 minutes east of you .

What neighborhood is that???

Might be too much of a Drive, but there is

Top Gun down off 55

Arnold Rifle and Pistol down off 55, about 2 miles further than T.G.

(Both require membership)

Not sure what the progress is on that one opening up on St. Charles Rock Rd, whihc would be closer to both of you I'm guessing...

m4gery
09-06-10, 19:27
I usually go to Bulls Eye LLC., in the city. It's close to the south side. It's an indoor range, max. distance of 25 yards. You can only bring rifles if you're a member.

I've made a couple of trips out to the Busch range in St. Charles for longer distance shooting (100 yards), but that's way out of my way.

I've been to Busch several times, but the rules don't help with training (no holsters and no more than one round every 3 seconds), and it's about an 1:20 drive. The price is right though. I might have to check out some of those indoor ranges. I just hate paying so much for a place to shoot.

What neighborhood is that???

Edwardsville IL. About 10-12 miles east of the river off of 270.

smullen
09-06-10, 20:01
Edwardsville IL. About 10-12 miles east of the river off of 270.

Ahh OK, I know where you are... I buy most of my pistol ammo at the Walmarts by you and the one off Rte 3...

Usually have to make a trip to a few of them if its going to be a big shoot or some type of Competition.. They never have more than 4-6boxes of .40 on hand at any of the ones I go too..

Scorpion
09-06-10, 20:12
There's one on St. Charles Rock Rd opening?

That would be really close to me; I'm right around the corner. I'll have to check out the other two. And yes, I found the rules at Busch rather restrictive too, and it is a long way from here.

smullen
09-06-10, 20:35
There's one on St. Charles Rock Rd opening?

That would be really close to me; I'm right around the corner. I'll have to check out the other two. And yes, I found the rules at Busch rather restrictive too, and it is a long way from here.

Yea, if you go up to Dorsett and 270, there is a failrly new Gunshop on the corner of Weldon Parkway,

188 Weldon Parkway, Maryland Heights, Missouri 63043
Phone: 314-993-4867 Fax: 314-993-5447

they are expanding and opening up a shop and range on St. Charles ROck Rd, between 270 and Lindberg, closer to Lindberg...

Its been about 3-4 months since I bought my last pistol there and they told me about it... You should go in there and ask for better newer details...

blksn955.o
09-06-10, 21:18
That would rock for a rock road range...Busch is not too bad for me since I work at K&40 so Busch is perfect for right after work. Then taking the DD-winghaven/Bryan Rd to 70, then 70-370 to Mo Bottom at the earth city exit or even go further and hit up Cabela's on the way home and cut up to Charb. Timed it at 37min with light traffic...45 with heavy-ish.

Busch is really good for sighting in a rifle and practice just shooting technique. You cant really do much other than some mock holstering every time a mag is empty at least you know some tard is not going to start shooting while your downrange putting up or getting a target setup.

If you want a good drive you can go out to Reifsnyder(sp?) its free and not so regulated...read no range master. If you want to plink and shoot random stuff off the ground and on targets in more rapid fire manner it works.

Stoner_guy
10-27-10, 05:48
This is Stoner_guy from Wentzville, MO. Met two shooters at the Busch range last Friday and one of them referred this site.

rjacobs
10-27-10, 16:54
This is Stoner_guy from Wentzville, MO. Met two shooters at the Busch range last Friday and one of them referred this site.

Welcome.

Im in Lake Saint Louis. Where do you normally shoot? Busch?

Stoner_guy
10-28-10, 05:44
I usually sight in or go trap shooting at Busch. If I just feel like plinking, many go to Reifsnider. How bout yourself? Know of any clubs?

smullen
10-28-10, 09:14
I usually sight in or go trap shooting at Busch. If I just feel like plinking, many go to Reifsnider. How bout yourself? Know of any clubs?

Out West there is Benchrest
Down South there is Arnold Rifle and Pistol

rjacobs
10-28-10, 09:51
Benchrest is pretty close to us, but its expensive to join(400 the first year and 200 per year after that). They have a good facility so I have heard, I havent actually been out there.

I mostly, now that they are open, go to Ultimate Defense off of 79 and 70. Its a 25 yard indoor pistol range. I have brought my AR there, but mostly just to clean the cobwebs out(and scare most of the people there-WTF are you shooting was a common question the other night).

Reifschneider is ok, but I wont go there alone any more since i have heard of a few guys there that were robbed at gunpoint with their own guns. If you can find a day where its empty its actually not a bad place since you can move around and do what ever you want. The target stands leave some to be desired. I am thinking of building some of my own out of 2x4's to bring out with me. I have also toyed with building some barricades I saw on another part of this site to bring out as well.

bnanaphone
10-28-10, 10:02
If anybody is near 44 and 270, the Jay Henges range (http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/st-louis/jay-henges-shooting-range) just reopened off the Antire exit. It is one exit west of 141 on 44. It is an outdoor, 100 yd range with 20 booths. I was there over the weekend and was quite surprised. The whole pistol/rifle range has a concrete floor, walls and overhead bullet stops (like huge angled concrete shingles spaced 10 feet apart). They have nice target holders and an in-ground slot to set your target at 7, 15, 25, 35, etc. to 100 yards. I will be going a lot more since it is not far from me.

For indoor shooting I typically to go Top Gun in Imperial.

rjacobs
10-28-10, 10:43
If anybody is near 44 and 270, the Jay Henges range (http://mdc.mo.gov/regions/st-louis/jay-henges-shooting-range) just reopened off the Antire exit. It is one exit west of 141 on 44. It is an outdoor, 100 yd range with 20 booths. I was there over the weekend and was quite surprised. The whole pistol/rifle range has a concrete floor, walls and overhead bullet stops (like huge angled concrete shingles spaced 10 feet apart). They have nice target holders and an in-ground slot to set your target at 7, 15, 25, 35, etc. to 100 yards. I will be going a lot more since it is not far from me.

Sounds similar to how Busch is now. All concrete. Busch doesnt have any kind of bullet stops over head though.

Stoner_guy
10-29-10, 15:19
Hi again rjacobs.
I did not know that some people at Reifsnider were robbed with their own guns. I knew from the beginning that it was a self-policed range. A former neighbor who took me there for the first time told be me to read the people who were there.
One guy I talked to there said that there were a couple of young men who were watching him as he went downrange to change his targets. While he was downrange and turned to go back to his stand, those guys were already at his booth where his guns were. If I remember correctly, he yelled at both of them and brandished his pistol which he had with him. The two thugs then ran away.
Since then, I've learned to lock every gun I had with me as I go downrange. And like the other man, I carry a concealed handgun with me. I don't care what anyone says about it, I'm licensed to carry anyways. Most people I see at Reifsnider are just there to enjoy themselves, but now and then are a few guys who want to ruin everything. I'll pay a visit sometime to that range you mentioned at 79 & 70.

rjacobs
10-29-10, 18:13
Hi again rjacobs.
I did not know that some people at Reifsnider were robbed with their own guns. I knew from the beginning that it was a self-policed range. A former neighbor who took me there for the first time told be me to read the people who were there.
One guy I talked to there said that there were a couple of young men who were watching him as he went downrange to change his targets. While he was downrange and turned to go back to his stand, those guys were already at his booth where his guns were. If I remember correctly, he yelled at both of them and brandished his pistol which he had with him. The two thugs then ran away.
Since then, I've learned to lock every gun I had with me as I go downrange. And like the other man, I carry a concealed handgun with me. I don't care what anyone says about it, I'm licensed to carry anyways. Most people I see at Reifsnider are just there to enjoy themselves, but now and then are a few guys who want to ruin everything. I'll pay a visit sometime to that range you mentioned at 79 & 70.

i usually let my AR hang on the sling when I go downrange with a full mag in it, plus having my pistol on my belt, with a full mag in it. I am also usually there with a few buddies.

Stoner_guy
10-31-10, 16:24
Thanks smullen.
I've also heard of Benchrest: 3rd Saturday of every month I believe. They're a bit expensive for me right now, but it won't hurt to check them out. I don't know how far Arnold is from my place because I'm not familiar with the area. Where do you practice?

BRP650
10-31-10, 23:53
I figured my first post should be to the Mo. crowd, wanted to drop in and say what's up from Old Mines. :meeting:

ptmccain
11-08-10, 06:36
Just joined M4Carbine.net

I own a DD M4.

I'm a member of the Arnold Rifle and Pistol Club.

I live in Ballwin, Missouri.

aspiderfreak
11-11-10, 18:46
Anyone from the SW Mo area?

The Joplin Rifle and Pistol Club has a nice outdoor range, as well as a small indoor one.

Bubba FAL
11-11-10, 20:13
Joplin here.

Yes the Joplin club has a nice range. I'm a member there and participate in the Highpower and other rifle matches.

aspiderfreak
11-11-10, 20:51
Joplin here.

Yes the Joplin club has a nice range. I'm a member there and participate in the Highpower and other rifle matches.

Rock on! I'm a newly initiated member. I would enjoy trying out the Highpower matches. What calibers/ configurations are used to compete in the HP class?

I'm planning on going out and watching this months APL match as well.

Bubba FAL
11-12-10, 21:12
Rock on! I'm a newly initiated member. I would enjoy trying out the Highpower matches. What calibers/ configurations are used to compete in the HP class?

I'm planning on going out and watching this months APL match as well.

Cool! Welcome to the club.

The website www.joplingunclub.com is a good source of info.

There are generally two classes in HP, Service Rifle and Match Rifle. Service Rifle is limited to US military service rifles that are unmodified in appearance and caliber from "as-issued". Internal modfications are legal. Trigger pull is 4.5# minimum. At Joplin, ARs and M1 Garands are most common.

Everything else falls into Match Rifle class. Pretty much any centerfire rifle with iron sights is allowed here. If I bring my 6.8 AR, I have to compete in this class.

The Highpower season is pretty much over for this year. It'll pick back up in March. There is supposed to be a charity match next month - no entry fee if you bring a toy worth $15 or more. If you're shooting a .30-06, the club is providing ammo. Additional details are supposed to be coming at the meeting next Thursday.

aspiderfreak
11-13-10, 00:47
Cool! Welcome to the club.

The website www.joplingunclub.com is a good source of info.

There are generally two classes in HP, Service Rifle and Match Rifle. Service Rifle is limited to US military service rifles that are unmodified in appearance and caliber from "as-issued". Internal modfications are legal. Trigger pull is 4.5# minimum. At Joplin, ARs and M1 Garands are most common.

Everything else falls into Match Rifle class. Pretty much any centerfire rifle with iron sights is allowed here. If I bring my 6.8 AR, I have to compete in this class.

The Highpower season is pretty much over for this year. It'll pick back up in March. There is supposed to be a charity match next month - no entry fee if you bring a toy worth $15 or more. If you're shooting a .30-06, the club is providing ammo. Additional details are supposed to be coming at the meeting next Thursday.

Thank you for the gracious welcome! :)

If i have an ARa4 would I be eligible for the service rifle?

Free ammo? :D It makes me wish I had picked up a M1 this summer. How do you like the 6.8? I've been seriously considering a piston upper chambered in 6.8, but I've never seen/ shot one in person.

Bubba FAL
11-17-10, 00:34
Thank you for the gracious welcome! :)

If i have an ARa4 would I be eligible for the service rifle?

Free ammo? :D It makes me wish I had picked up a M1 this summer. How do you like the 6.8? I've been seriously considering a piston upper chambered in 6.8, but I've never seen/ shot one in person.

A4 would be fine with a carry handle sight.

The guy running the match has a couple extra rifles available for the charity match. If you can't make the meeting Thursday, PM me and I can give you a contact to make arrangements.

As to the 6.8 - I love it. It's what the AR platform has needed from the start. I was a fairly early user (2005) so I've been up the learning curve with the cartridge. It's certainly not the best for cheap plinking, but if you reload and have the right barrel, the performance is pretty impressive and the cost isn't so bad. Both of mine are DI, I haven't messed with any piston conversions myself. There's a bunch of info available at www.68forums.com.

I need to get some range time with my 16" 6.8 - might be able to meet up at the club range and let you try it out sometime.

Krusty783
11-18-10, 12:28
Just joined the forum.

I'm building a BCM 16" upper/spikes lower

I live in Chesterfield.

Pumpkinheaver
11-18-10, 13:14
I figured my first post should be to the Mo. crowd, wanted to drop in and say what's up from Old Mines. :meeting:

Howdy neighbor your not too far from where I'm at.

Krusty783
11-19-10, 08:10
Anybody in the St. Louis area want to meet up for a shoot on the 28th? I'm picking up my lower on Monday and I want to break in my new acquisition.:) My wife's also hosting a baby shower so I have a great reason to be out of the house for several hours...:rolleyes:

m4gery
11-29-10, 18:08
Anybody in the St. Louis area want to meet up for a shoot on the 28th? I'm picking up my lower on Monday and I want to break in my new acquisition.:) My wife's also hosting a baby shower so I have a great reason to be out of the house for several hours...:rolleyes:

I wish I would have seen this yesterday. I'm just about an hour away from you. Where do you shoot at? They just opened up the new J. Henges range. Maybe I'll catch you next time.

smullen
11-29-10, 19:10
Yea I'm subscribed to this thread, yet I did not get any update till just now...

Sunday I was down at ARPC with a few shooting buds, we meet up with a few other members of the range... Bit chilly, but good time...

Krusty783
11-30-10, 09:31
Actually, I didn't go shooting on Sunday. I picked up my lower on Tuesday (24th), but it didn't have a takedown pin detent or spring... :rolleyes: I tried duct taping it as a stopgap, but that didn't work. I ordered a detent and spring, but didn't get them until yesterday :mad:

On the plus side, my AR is actually finished!! [I can't figure out how to insert a pic, but here's a link]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55507662@N08/5207007438/in/set-72157625466421224/

I'd like a diff't stock, but I'm looking for a new job so I'll wait until I figure out where I'm going and my bank account recovers.

Actually, I was going to check out the new Henges range. I usually go there or Busch wildlife as I don't belong to any clubs. I'll prob. join the ARPC if I end up staying in St. Louis.

rjacobs
11-30-10, 10:57
UD Range in St. Peters is having a defensive pistol league on Wednesday nights at 8pm. I dont know if its full or not, but its 15 bucks a night and the guy said about 100 rounds of ammo. I dont know what the format is going to be but I think it will be a good time.

smullen
11-30-10, 12:07
Actually, I didn't go shooting on Sunday. I picked up my lower on Tuesday (24th), but it didn't have a takedown pin detent or spring... :rolleyes: I tried duct taping it as a stopgap, but that didn't work. I ordered a detent and spring, but didn't get them until yesterday :mad:

On the plus side, my AR is actually finished!! [I can't figure out how to insert a pic, but here's a link]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/55507662@N08/5207007438/in/set-72157625466421224/

I'd like a diff't stock, but I'm looking for a new job so I'll wait until I figure out where I'm going and my bank account recovers.

Actually, I was going to check out the new Henges range. I usually go there or Busch wildlife as I don't belong to any clubs. I'll prob. join the ARPC if I end up staying in St. Louis.

Looking real good...
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4131/5207007438_39849a413c.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/55507662@N08/5207007438/)
DSCF0001 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/55507662@N08/5207007438/) by krusty783 (http://www.flickr.com/people/55507662@N08/), on Flickr

Yea, I'd try a stock that is the same color as all your other accessories... I think it'd look pretty tight!

Wonder if you could scuff and paint that one too match???

Man, I'm really wanting an Aimpoint, but I'm having trouble comming up with the cash... Specially this time of year and my new Cash and Carry rule, no more credit cards...

rjacobs
11-30-10, 12:16
You could order a cheapy FDE M4 stock for like 30 bucks or magpul CTR FDE stocks run about 55 bucks.

As far as Aimpoints, Larue has always had the best prices from what I can find.

CB4
11-30-10, 12:17
House Springs, MO checking in

smullen
11-30-10, 18:18
You could order a cheapy FDE M4 stock for like 30 bucks or magpul CTR FDE stocks run about 55 bucks.

Yea same here... Thats where I plan on ordering my Comp M4s or T1 and mount Combo... It'll be a few months though...

Krusty783
12-01-10, 08:28

Those are options. Unfortunately, I've applied for some jobs in CT :sarcastic: ... If I end up moving to Lala-land:jester:, I'll need a fixed stock so I'll buy an RRA Operator A2 and paint it FDE. If I move to a common sense state I'll probably buy a Magpul stock.

I wanted an aimpoint, but I knew I could never justify it to myself, specially after buying the AR. I bought a Vortex Strikefire :) I may end up buying a Larue cantilever mount. For some reason I don't trust mounting the optic on the top rail of a handguard.

My Build Summary:
BCM 16" Upper w/ MI 12" quadrail
Spikes Complete Lower (traded for on THR)
Magpul MBUS in FDE (Front & Rear)
Magpul AFG2 in FDE
Magpul MIAD in FDE
FDE PMAGS
XT Rail covers.

I'm going to try filling in the safe/fire/auto markings on my lower tonight. I traded for it, so it didn't come filled in... I bought some tester's red & white model paint.

Also, as soon as I got all the parts I noticed that my lower has a flat finish but the BCM upper has some gloss to it. You can tell in the pic...

rjacobs
12-01-10, 08:53
You can always get the magpul stock pinned if you move to a "ban" state. You dont have to go with a fixed a2 stock.

I am not sure what is involved in having one pinned, but I know its possible as there are a few dealers that sell them already pinned.

tylerw02
12-01-10, 11:12
I'm southeastern Missouri. Near Cape Girardeau.

OldGreg
12-01-10, 11:44
UD Range in St. Peters is having a defensive pistol league on Wednesday nights at 8pm. I dont know if its full or not, but its 15 bucks a night and the guy said about 100 rounds of ammo. I dont know what the format is going to be but I think it will be a good time.

Sounds fun! I took the Advanced 1 class a little over a week ago, and Paul was top-notch. I might have to make an inquiry call, lol. Mr. Springfield has my pistol in his trigger-job queue at the moment.. i wonder if i'd get it back in time for the first league night.

**update** I signed up. Now i have to find a holster for my range/plan-B pistol, just in case.

m4gery
12-05-10, 20:35
Do any of you guy from the St. Louis area know if there are any 3-gun competitions in the area? I'm not looking at getting into anything super competetive, just some fun and training.

rjacobs
12-05-10, 21:13
Sounds fun! I took the Advanced 1 class a little over a week ago, and Paul was top-notch. I might have to make an inquiry call, lol. Mr. Springfield has my pistol in his trigger-job queue at the moment.. i wonder if i'd get it back in time for the first league night.

**update** I signed up. Now i have to find a holster for my range/plan-B pistol, just in case.

what night did you sign up for? I was going to be doing the wednesday night league, but when I went up there this week and found out it was changed to starting next week, I signed up for Tuesday night instead since it works better for my schedule.

What kind of a pistol are you running? I have an extra Safariland M&P holster.

m4gery
12-05-10, 22:09
what night did you sign up for? I was going to be doing the wednesday night league, but when I went up there this week and found out it was changed to starting next week, I signed up for Tuesday night instead since it works better for my schedule.

How long does the league go for? If you sign up do you have to go every week? Is it more for fun and training or all out competition?

rjacobs
12-06-10, 07:44
How long does the league go for? If you sign up do you have to go every week? Is it more for fun and training or all out competition?

8 weeks. I dont think you have to show every week, I am going to try, but that is only if my schedule allows. I think it is more for fun and training than real competition. I am pretty sure its being run by an IDPA guy with input from the various guys that work at the range and the owner(several are cops and on the county SWAT team). However its setup, I think it will be pretty fun.

Krusty783
12-06-10, 09:31
Do any of you guy from the St. Louis area know if there are any 3-gun competitions in the area? I'm not looking at getting into anything super competetive, just some fun and training.

I think the arnold rifle & pistol club has competitions. They also have quite a nice setup judging by their website, www.arnoldgunclub.org/. If I stay in the area, I plan on joining in the spring.

----

Also, I went to the Henges range on Saturday. They did a good job on the renovations;
-there are 20 shooting booths (not sure if that's changed)
-they have the angled roof sections so noone can send an errant round out, which is good because the range faces east, I think
-The range is now completely walled in with cement walls and a cement backstop, and a cement floor.

The RO working the shooting booths is a bit gruff. I'm not sure if it was the weather, the people there, or just his nature.

As for my new toy; I got my shots within 4" @ 50 yds. I'm not satisfied, but I had limited ammo and I was a little cold.

I did experience a few FTF's with wolf and Herter's ammo (Cabela's - looks like wolf). I'd either get a round that was partially fed but got stuck on something or one time it tried to feed 2 rounds?? No probs with S&B or pri partizan ammo though, so maybe the Wolf/Herters are skimping a little on the powder??? Other thoughts?

OldGreg
12-06-10, 15:33

What kind of a pistol are you running? I have an extra Safariland M&P holster.

I signed up for Wed. What's funny, to me, is that i'm finding out about all of this league stuff through YOU and M4c, and not UDRange itself (who has my email address, lol). I had no idea another night is offered. I guess i'll call them to figure out whats up. The website still lists a meet on 12/8.

So anyways... i called last Wed. and got on the roster. I'd like to try and hit most all of the shoots, so i cleared out my Wed. evenings (in addition to my f/t job, i have part-time gig at Cabelas).
This will be my 1st league.. and my 1st taste of competition [gulp]. :laugh:

I'll be using my Hk P30.. Bill Springfield managed to turn out my trigger job in 1 business day (amazing!), so since he shipped it last Wed, i'm quasi-confident that i'll have it before Wed. night... though i'm hoping it arrives before that. I'd at least like to put a box through it before have to compete.

Thanks for the Safariland offer... I have access to an 5" M&P i could borrow, but it looks like our days are off. Thanks though.. that's super generous.

Krusty783: Cabela's bought the rights to the "Herter's" brand name, so that box of ammo you shot is, in fact, re-branded TULA. I do believe the Tula logo is used on the Herters too. I'm not interested in shooting any.. though i have shot some Tula AK 7.62x39 stuff, and it was fine. Herters/Tula is notoriously under-powered.

m4gery
12-06-10, 16:50
8 weeks. I dont think you have to show every week, I am going to try, but that is only if my schedule allows. I think it is more for fun and training than real competition. I am pretty sure its being run by an IDPA guy with input from the various guys that work at the range and the owner(several are cops and on the county SWAT team). However its setup, I think it will be pretty fun.

I might try to get over there if they have a league in the spring/summer. I don't think my schedule is going to allow this winter.

-
I did experience a few FTF's with wolf and Herter's ammo (Cabela's - looks like wolf). I'd either get a round that was partially fed but got stuck on something or one time it tried to feed 2 rounds?? No probs with S&B or pri partizan ammo though, so maybe the Wolf/Herters are skimping a little on the powder??? Other thoughts?

Sometimes you can catch PMC on sale at Cabela's for 6.49 per box. I've had good luck with that. That's barely more than the really cheap stuff and it seems to work well.

Krusty783
12-07-10, 09:32
I confess that I did buy the cheapest ammo I could find @ Cabelas... :secret: I didn't know that Herter's was Tula, but I figured it was a rebranding of some soviet ammo once I opened a box and saw the cases. They're all 55 gr rounds, perhaps the 62 gr would perform a little better?

Sometimes you can catch PMC on sale at Cabela's for 6.49 per box. I've had good luck with that. That's barely more than the really cheap stuff and it seems to work well.

I've actually been looking on http://www.ammoengine.com. I figured I'd pick up several diff't kinds of ammo @ Cabela's and see what my AR liked & then buy 500 or 1k rds of reliable ammo off the interweb. I'm not much of a winter person so I don't plan on going shooting again until March. I'll keep my eyes open for some ammo deals between now and then.

OldGreg
12-07-10, 10:02
I just bought 1000 rounds of 55gr American Eagle AE223 (http://www.cabelas.com/product/American-Eagle-Rifle-Ammunition/734598.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3DAmerican%2BEagle%26x%3D26%26y%3D7&Ntt=American+Eagle) for $5.99 a box. That's lower than the employee discount, and (although it hasn't been much) what i've shot of it in the past has been problem-free. The store had a bunch of it as of last Saturday.

rjacobs
12-07-10, 15:58
Anybody shooting 9mm, .45 or .223/5.56 in St. Louis that doesnt reload and wants to give their used brass a good home, I have a dillon 550 that needs feeding.

OldGreg, I will post up later tonight on how the shoot goes tonight. They said its the same scenario both nights. I changed to Tuesday from Wednesday because Wednesday had like 20 something people signed up at Tuesday only had like 5 so hopefully there will be more opportunity to shoot. Although I think Tuesday night is probably filled up as well. I havent heard squat from UD Range via email on this either. I got the info off of their facebook page. I dont even think they really have it advertised at the range very well either. I think those guys are very good at what they do, but I think they grew a bit to quickly and cant keep up. Half the guys that work there dont know squat about whats going on. There are a few very good guys there, but there are also a few guys that make me go WTF just about every time I am in there.

OldGreg
12-07-10, 16:22
Re: "WTF". Funny, my boss (who's a Gold card holder) says the same thing about them. He'll be up there with you tonight.. so i bet i'll hear all about it tomorrow, lol.

rjacobs
12-07-10, 16:26
Re: "WTF". Funny, my boss (who's a Gold card holder) says the same thing about them. He'll be up there with you tonight.. so i bet i'll hear all about it tomorrow, lol.

Yea im a gold member too. Sometimes I just want to be like, hey WHY DONT YOU ALL TALK TO EACH OTHER. Its like somebody has an idea and they run it by the boss(Paul) and he says sure lets run with it, but then they fail to tell anybody else so everybody else is clueless when you go in and say "hey, saw this on your facebook page, whats up with it" and all you get is a blank stare.

Tell your boss to say hi, my names Bobby. Ill be the guy shooting an M&P in a Raven rig. Im guessing there wont be any other guys with Raven holsters there.

rjacobs
12-07-10, 23:06
The defensive pistol league tonight was pretty cool. Based on IDPA shooting. Things were pretty basic tonight and most guys had done zero competition shooting so it was pretty new for everybody. The guys up there did a great job explaining things and going over them prior to shooting a course of fire. But typical of up there, you could tell the instructors hadnt talked to each other much prior to it because they kept kinda arguing about how to do things. In the end it worked out and they were really just making sure certain things were done safely. While I didnt shoot great, I dont think I was the worst. Had a couple of reloads that went click without firing so I gotta sort out my reloading press. I think anybody who goes and does this will really enjoy themselves. Now that I know what goes on I will be able to do better. I dont remember looking through the sites hardly at all.

OldGreg
12-08-10, 00:31
Awesome. I'm going to try and head up there early and take the Springfield/HK on it's first test drive.

Hopefully those guys can get on the same page tomorrow. :laugh:

bp7178
12-08-10, 01:15
St. Louis, MO. Been on this site for a while, first time visiting this forum.

rjacobs
12-08-10, 08:35
Awesome. I'm going to try and head up there early and take the Springfield/HK on it's first test drive.

Hopefully those guys can get on the same page tomorrow. :laugh:

Yea thats probably a good idea. I had installed the APEX DCAEK into my M&P and hadnt shot it yet with it. I need to put some more rounds down range before next week thats for sure.

OldGreg
12-09-10, 11:55
The Wed. night League had about 20 people show up, out of 30 or so sign-ups . RO’s told us that some of us were welcome to go to Tuesday nights if they wanted to be with a smaller group. I saw lots of Glocks and XDM’s last night… I felt a little alone with my HK & K.C. holster. We had 2 fellas that had done some sort of competition previously, but other than that, we were all noob’s to competition (myself included).

I had fun.. I learned a lot, and quickly self-diagnosed some issues that I need to work out, soon! I’m so A.D.D. I was worried about forgetting the instructions for the course of fire, so it seemed like one the buzzer went off I was concentrating mostly on following instructions.. and less so about focusing on the front sight. After i finished my run, I never knew where my shots had landed, they were all surprises, lol.
I couldn’t help but think of when someone on this forum (John_Wayne777?) said something about actually looking at the front sight, instead of ‘using THE FORCE’ to try and Jedi mind-trick the bullet into going where I wanted. I felt the same way afterwards. It took me til the 3rd round to add focusing on the front sight into the mix. Oh… and I also need to slow it down too. Accuracy is key for scores. But hey… I’m doing it.. so I feel pretty good overall.

I also need to look into doing a membership there... cuz if i'm going to practice on days in between matches, this shit's going to get expensive quick! :sarcastic:

rjacobs
12-09-10, 12:02
Glad you had fun.

My gold membership has almost already paid for itself. I go at least 2x a month(wish I could go more) and I have brought lots of people up as guests for $5 bucks.

OldGreg
12-09-10, 12:16
Holy shit... i'm ranked 9th of 26. :eek: That's much better than i expected!! I usually expect to be last... just like in Call of Duty, lol.

rjacobs
12-09-10, 12:20
Holy shit... i'm ranked 9th of 26. :eek: That's much better than i expected!! I usually expect to be last... just like in Call of Duty, lol.

Where do you see that?

edit: just found it on their site. im #22. First stage ****ed me with 3 bad primers, last stage I dont remember, I think I had a complete miss. I thought I did worse on stage 3(missed a head shot, grazed the side but it was outside the scoring box, shoulda re-shot it cause I knew I missed it) than 4, but apparently not

OldGreg
12-09-10, 12:21
PM on the way..

bp7178
12-10-10, 01:25
OldGreg,

Where are the matches being being held at?

I'm looking to get into some type of shooting competition, just not much around here...

OldGreg
12-10-10, 08:15
OldGreg,

Where are the matches being being held at?

I'm looking to get into some type of shooting competition, just not much around here...

In St. Peters, right of of Hwy 79 @ I-70. They are held indoors after the Range closes to the public, at 8pm-10pm on Tues. & Wed. nights.

Check out: http://udrange.com/defensive-pistol-league/

trooper430
01-03-11, 13:14
New forum member from Troy, MO checking in.

rat31465
01-03-11, 16:57
New forum member from Troy, MO checking in.

Welcome.

LTBeas
03-14-11, 14:19
New Member from Montgomery County here

smullen
03-14-11, 18:07
New Member from Montgomery County here

Hey I know you... Welcome... :)
:jester:

kcmo83
03-17-11, 23:13
Missouri here. As the moniker might suggest, KC metro area.

fullotto76
03-21-11, 23:45
St. Louis area here, just on the Illinois side (not east St. Louis). Looking for somewhere to shoot and train.

:laugh:lol same here bout 20 min east of st,louis

Krusty783
03-22-11, 06:23
Check out the Arnold gun club:
http://www.arnoldgunclub.org/

I'm going there Sat to join. I think it's one of the few places around STL that have active shooting ranges, i.e. more that just sitting at a bench. Dues are pretty reasonable too.

smullen
03-22-11, 17:17
Check out the Arnold gun club:
http://www.arnoldgunclub.org/

I'm going there Sat to join. I think it's one of the few places around STL that have active shooting ranges, i.e. more that just sitting at a bench. Dues are pretty reasonable too.

Congrats and welcome...

I've been a Happy member there for several years...

:laugh:lol same here bout 20 min east of st,louis

How far are you from Riverview Dr and 270???

N/M... about 20 mins east... LOL...

Reading, I can do it sometimes...

DarkEarthRocks
03-30-11, 21:45
How is it going guys?
Thought I would Chime in real quick new here. I'm From Chesterfield, Mo.
Just built my first AR. Can't wait to learn some new stuff.

Thanks,
Jason

smullen
03-31-11, 08:08
How is it going guys?
Thought I would Chime in real quick new here. I'm From Chesterfield, Mo.
Just built my first AR. Can't wait to learn some new stuff.

Thanks,
Jason

Welcome....

Pics???? Of said Shiny new AR...

DarkEarthRocks
03-31-11, 10:52
http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i418/cbr599cc/colapsed.jpg

Nothing amazing. I call it the PMR aka the poor mans rifle lol

Elkhound
03-31-11, 11:59
My employer has several new openings in St. Louis. I am thinking about applying for a transfer. How long would it (generally) take to commute into St. Louis from O'Fallon or St. Peters?

Elkhound.

DarkEarthRocks
03-31-11, 12:20
Really depends on where at in St. Louis North South or central city . i would say anywhere from 30min to an 1 hour 20 min. Like I said really depends on where you are trying to get to.

Elkhound
03-31-11, 12:33
The address is 4300 Goodfellow Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63120, but I don't know where, in St. Louis, that is.

DarkEarthRocks
03-31-11, 12:49
I would say about 30-45min from O'fallon. So its not that bad of a drive. Its mostly highway as well.

Krusty783
03-31-11, 19:32
I would say about 30-45min from O'fallon. So its not that bad of a drive. Its mostly highway as well.

I agree. You're also going with traffic, but it tends to move along pretty well on 70 out there. At least it did the few times I was heading that way after work.

I live in Chesterfield too, DE. I'm going to ARPC this saturday, I let the weather talk me out of going last weekend and now I get to try out my new UBR :)! In FDE, of course...
http://184.72.239.143/mu/634556c0-1df6-79c2.jpg

lil'Zeus
04-01-11, 10:21
Lake of the Ozarks area here!!!!! Checking in!

My crew and I shoot a lot at the United Sportsmans Club in Jeff City Mo. They have a rifle range out to 200 yards, small bore range, black powder range, hand gun range, falling steel range (for pistol), action pistol range (USPSA events), sporting clays, outdoor archery, indoor archery, trails for 3D archery shooting, trap and skeet, pattering board, and a stocked fishing pond!!!

http://www.unitedsportsmenjeffcitymo.org/

$45 a year membership...

04-01-11, 12:21
The address is 4300 Goodfellow Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63120, but I don't know where, in St. Louis, that is.

If you are working on Goodfellow, id suggest getting your CCW...

I'm in south St. Louis city. I'm always up to go shooting.

DarkEarthRocks
04-01-11, 19:01
Nice looking rifle you got. I was thinking about joining down at ARPC but I decided to save the money and just go to Owensville Gun Club and get a membership here in a few weeks. I like that they have a 550yd shooting range and is 1/28 the price of Benchrest lol Bit of a drive but I drive a little honda so going down there and back is nothing. Ammo is the expensive part:p

DarkEarthRocks
04-01-11, 19:06
I agree. You're also going with traffic, but it tends to move along pretty well on 70 out there. At least it did the few times I was heading that way after work.

I live in Chesterfield too, DE. I'm going to ARPC this saturday, I let the weather talk me out of going last weekend and now I get to try out my new UBR :)! In FDE, of course...

Nice looking rifle you got. I was thinking about joining down at ARPC but I decided to save the money and just go to Owensville Gun Club and get a membership here in a few weeks. I like that they have a 550yd shooting range and is 1/28 the price of Benchrest lol Bit of a drive but I drive a little honda so going down there and back is nothing. Ammo is the expensive part:p

Trkr598
06-24-11, 22:59
Checking in from republic, just outside Springfield missouri.

peruna
06-29-11, 09:57

Krusty, is that an Eagle Industries case?

blksn955.o
07-16-11, 21:31
Just took the CCW training course at UDrange today. Like said prior the training was great/top notch for the time and amount of information covered. Hope to go back for more...father-in-laws comment has been...wow, these guys have their S-!t together.

On a side note, anyone looking for a S&W .380 Bodyguard in the STL area they have the best price I have yet seen/heard of. I picked mine up on sale from Cabela's for $369 the next best price I have found was $379. My father-in-law who took the class as well today ordered the .380 Bodyguard for $354 from UD...I would say that is more than competitive.

OldGreg
07-16-11, 23:40
Great place that UD. I cant believe the run a Tactical Carbine course in there though.

blksn955.o
07-17-11, 08:40
The carbine class came up and it will be held in the areas in front of the stalls. It would be interesting to see the layout for the carbine class though.

They said they will also have a shoot houses to run force on force training. The best part is it will be open to the public to sign up for the courses.

Abraxas
07-17-11, 08:55
Checking in from republic, just outside Springfield missouri.

Welcome, your not too far from my home town.

GD4
10-04-11, 21:01
Checking in from Waynesville, great range south of here in houston, mo.
http://www.bigpineysportsmansclub.com/

idpa style pistol shoots, a two gun (rifle, pistol) long range tactical and bench rest shoots each month.

800 yrd flat range, shoot house. Great place and a great group of guys. Night shoot this month.

lil'Zeus
10-05-11, 10:06
Big Piney looks sweet as hell!!

zach70287
12-09-11, 21:24
Hey everyone my name is Zach just joined couple of days ago. I live in O Fallon. I would really like to get into some kind of competitive shooting. I heard you guys talking about UD shooting range how does everyone like it? How much is it if your not a member to go?

zach70287
12-11-11, 19:24
Hey everyone I don't know if anyone is interested but army gear in wentzville next to rural king has mre's for sale at a good price its like 6.50.

ErikO
02-03-12, 09:45
Checking in from North County St Louis.

I absolutely enjoy the time I spend at UD. Our Gold Family membership is coming due in July and we're thinking about upgrading to Platnium when it does.

the only way they could get better is to offer lay-away. I do totally understand why they don't.

Here's a bit about me. I spent the first 30-ish years of my life growing up in & around Chicago so firearms were not really physically in my life. I've always been interested, never got the FOID card and only shot while a boy scout at camp. I married a Canadian who had little interest in guns and didn't really get why Americans like them so much.

Fast forward to December 2010 and one cold break in later changed my wife's interest in guns. I don't mind having traded a Wii and a flatscreen TV for a shooting buddy. ;)

I found my way over to Ultimate Defense, had an awesome day there and signed my wife up for their Ladies' Only first shooter's class and she's been hooked ever since.

The reason I joined up here is that I have a S&W M&P15 lower on layaway @ Bud's which I plan on building a pair of uppers for, one 5.56 and the other .300 BLK. This would not be used for home defense, largely just plinking and the .300 barrel for potentially taking some venison.

smullen
02-06-12, 22:01
Checking in from North County St Louis.

I absolutely enjoy the time I spend at UD. Our Gold Family membership is coming due in July and we're thinking about upgrading to Platnium when it does.

the only way they could get better is to offer lay-away. I do totally understand why they don't.

Here's a bit about me. I spent the first 30-ish years of my life growing up in & around Chicago so firearms were not really physically in my life. I've always been interested, never got the FOID card and only shot while a boy scout at camp. I married a Canadian who had little interest in guns and didn't really get why Americans like them so much.

Fast forward to December 2010 and one cold break in later changed my wife's interest in guns. I don't mind having traded a Wii and a flatscreen TV for a shooting buddy. ;)

I found my way over to Ultimate Defense, had an awesome day there and signed my wife up for their Ladies' Only first shooter's class and she's been hooked ever since.

The reason I joined up here is that I have a S&W M&P15 lower on layaway @ Bud's which I plan on building a pair of uppers for, one 5.56 and the other .300 BLK. This would not be used for home defense, largely just plinking and the .300 barrel for potentially taking some venison.

Cool another N. County guy... What part you in???

I'm in Riverview @ Lilac and 270 area...

You going to suppress the 300 BLK??? Seems like most folks that I know that run that do...

I've got a bud that has AR Uppers in 7.62x39 and 6.8spc... He Deer hunts with both...

ErikO
02-06-12, 22:13
I'm around Chambers and Halls Ferry.

At some point I'll suppress the 300 BLK, mainly want to get the AR built first.

smullen
02-06-12, 22:56
I'm around Chambers and Halls Ferry.

At some point I'll suppress the 300 BLK, mainly want to get the AR built first.

Wow, your right up the road from me... There is another guy not far offa Chambers in Bellefountain...

ErikO
02-06-12, 23:42
We'll have to grab a burger or something. :)

smullen
02-07-12, 00:51
We'll have to grab a burger or something. :)

Sounds good...

OldGreg
02-07-12, 13:04

Layaway is a nightmare for us gun store workers. You probably wouldn't believe it if i didn't tell you but the majority of guns on layaway at my store are Hi Point's and S&W Sigmas. I just don't get it...

The UD guys aren't dummies, lol. I wish they stayed open until 10pm because i'd be working there in a heartbeat.

rjacobs
02-07-12, 20:38
Hi Point's and S&W Sigmas

Got any in stock that I can come up and put on layaway tomorrow?:D

OldGreg
02-07-12, 23:59
Always.. and we can even put a 'beam' on it. No doubt yo.

rjacobs
02-08-12, 08:08
Always.. and we can even put a 'beam' on it. No doubt yo.

I would also require a tactical thigh rig for said pistol/laser/light combo. The cheaper and more dangerous the better. Uncle Mikes maybe?

On a serious note though, are you guys able to order the Rem 700 AAC-SD 308?

ErikO
02-08-12, 09:53
I really just have to set up a 'goal savings account' at a credit union. Makes more sense than having a gun shop store a firearm for me. ;)

OldGreg
02-08-12, 12:53
On a serious note though, are you guys able to order the Rem 700 AAC-SD 308?

Pm sent

Scorpion
02-20-12, 07:32
I stopped by the range on the rock road (Metro Shooting Supplies) to have a look at it. They're expecting it to open sometime in March.

ErikO
02-21-12, 09:00
If they allow rifles over .223/5.56 then I might check it out. Otherwise I'll just continue to drive to St Peters. :)

smullen
02-21-12, 12:00
I'll check it out if they ever open it...

I'm pretty sure the date has slide several times... At least it seems to have...

I bought Glock G35 from them about 2 years ago and they gave me a card good for some range time (when it opened) and a certain % off on future purchases, but its long since expired...

Scorpion
02-21-12, 19:49
That was my first time seeing it. Had time on my hands and I remembered reading about it on here so I drove down far enough to find it. Looks to be another 25 yard range. How long has it been under construction?

GD4
03-11-12, 09:50
I'm pleased to announce formation of my company Movement to Contact Tactical LLC. ( http://movementtocontact.com/index.html )

The purpose of MTCT is to bring more training opportunities into our area and to facilitate professional, planned, and well executed training. What I need from my fellow M4carbine users is some suggestions on what type of training would you like to see brought to the area.

Right now I have contacts at one range and have coordinated for this springs Milcopp Class ( June 8,9,and 10th at Big Piney Sportsman's Club) , I am also working on one other range to also host courses at.

Beside getting top notch trainers into our area I am planning on hosting a "training group", this group would meet on a monthly or bi-monthly basis to conduct a set series of drills, exercises, and test to increase our basic firearms skill.

These training days will be at low cost to the group ($40-50) which will include range usage and all targets needed to conduct the days training. Round counts will vary depending on what will be conducted on the date and a training schedule will be published prior to the date.

Thanks, and I look forward to your input and training with you!

GD4

JWebb1
04-02-12, 18:58
GD4,
I will be PCSing to FLW this fall and I'm very interested in carbine classes. Hopefully once I get there I can help you with the logistics of bringing in some quality classes.

GD4
04-02-12, 21:10
Hey Jwebb hit me up at www.movementtocontact.com and like it on Facebook there's a link on the website.

I am working on getting grey group into the area and am a regular at the local ranges.

Can show you around if need be.

Thanks

Gd4

ridgerunner70
04-03-12, 09:28
67 gun club near Farmington here.

Pumpkinheaver
04-03-12, 19:30
67 gun club near Farmington here.

Same here. I know Smullen is a member as well.

ridgerunner70
04-03-12, 19:52
Same here. I know Smullen is a member as well.

The only thing I don't like is you can't practice transition drills. Basically no pistol of the 300yd side and no carbine on pistol side.:(

Pumpkinheaver
04-04-12, 21:47
The only thing I don't like is you can't practice transition drills. Basically no pistol of the 300yd side and no carbine on pistol side.:(

Your are correct as to no rifles on the pistol range but I have been a member for 14 years or so and have never been told or read that you can't shoot pistols on the rifle side. I do it all the time. In fact this Saturday we are having a pistol bowling pin shoot on the rifle side of the range. You should come shoot it!!!! Who told you that pistols were a no go on the rifle range?

alaskan556
04-04-12, 23:54
Dudes, any guys here in Kansas city? I just came back from AK...now I got no one to shoot with and no where to run and gun. Lake city range and bullethole indoor just aren't cutting it. Anybody else out here and what do you do?

Abraxas
04-05-12, 05:38
Dudes, any guys here in Kansas city? I just came back from AK...now I got no one to shoot with and no where to run and gun. Lake city range and bullethole indoor just aren't cutting it. Anybody else out here and what do you do?

Not super familiar with your area, (at least for ranges) but if you want to drive a few hours I can make some suggestions.

ridgerunner70
04-05-12, 06:05
Your are correct as to no rifles on the pistol range but I have been a member for 14 years or so and have never been told or read that you can't shoot pistols on the rifle side. I do it all the time. In fact this Saturday we are having a pistol bowling pin shoot on the rifle side of the range. You should come shoot it!!!! Who told you that pistols were a no go on the rifle range? one day last year or year before last I was shooting my pistol over on the rifle side and a guy told me that I don't supposed to shoot pistols over on the rifle side "I thought this was odd" so just put it up and shot my carbine. I would like to check the bowling pin shoot but, it's Easter weekend. Maybe someday we will run in to eachother and get to shoot, Cheers

hwaya
04-06-12, 10:55
I'll be back in St Louis this May after graduation. Looking forward to shooting some IDPA/IPSC matches. Any recommendations for clubs to shoot at?

04-08-12, 17:37
Hwaya- try Arnold rifle and pistol club. It's at i55 and M.

To any folks in the area: you guys going to the NRA show next weekend? I'm going there Sunday before work. Should be a good time. '07 was a huge show, and this one is supposed to be even bigger.

bnanaphone
04-12-12, 09:13
I will be at the NRA show all day Sunday. Went to the 07' (was it that long ago?) show and had a blast. This is my best opportunity to check out some great gear since the local shops typically have the run of the mill items. Highest on my priority list to check out are the Geissele booth, Tavor bullpup and Silencer co.

Prac-Com
04-13-12, 13:40
What's up, MO? I'm near situated midway between Springfield and Joplin. Done lurking of M4C, figured I'd go ahead and join.

Full time LEO, and run of my own firearms training company teaching both Civ/Police.

Glad to (finally) be a member here. Hope to make some local connections and get to know you guys/gals!

Abraxas
04-13-12, 16:46
What's up, MO? I'm near situated midway between Springfield and Joplin. Done lurking of M4C, figured I'd go ahead and join.

Full time LEO, and run of my own firearms training company teaching both Civ/Police.

Glad to (finally) be a member here. Hope to make some local connections and get to know you guys/gals!

Mt. Vernon? What kind of motorcycles are you into?

Prac-Com
04-13-12, 19:35
Mt. Vernon? What kind of motorcycles are you into?

Around Mt. Vernon (persec). Into sportbikes, mostly. (I am Snotlocker on swmosportbikes).

I replied to your PM, as well.

GD4
04-15-12, 18:53
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, I will be bringing Grey Group into the area.

I will update classes and dates here along with what is posted on the Grey Group thread.

Meanwhile follow me on Facebook!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Movement-to-Contact-Tactical-LLC/249606548466331?ref=tn_tnmn

OldGreg
04-17-12, 09:53
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up, I will be bringing Grey Group into the area.

I will update classes and dates here along with what is posted on the Grey Group thread.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Movement-to-Contact-Tactical-LLC/249606548466331?ref=tn_tnmn

That is awesome! I'll gladly drive down to FLW... it sure beats the 14 hour drive a friend and i did to Palmyra, PA for Northern Red's Inception Classes.

ridgerunner70
04-17-12, 13:05

Will there be a basic carbine in the schedule?

GD4
04-17-12, 17:27
RidgeRunner, check out my site or facebook page, there will be a basic carbine/ pistol course put on by Milcopp Tactical 8-10 June. There is a lot of info about the class and the company on the FB page with a link to Milcopp's page. DaveM who has a couple sticky's on here is one of the instructors and an excellent teacher as well as Don.

As to the actual classes to be held from Grey Group, you guys will know as soon as I get the information.

GD4
04-17-12, 18:24
Steel Challenge this weekend south west of Rolla

http://www.facebook.com/events/330099330385315/

GD4
04-24-12, 18:52
http://store.greygrouptraining.com/2-DAY-COMBATSPEED-CARBINE.html

Two day Super Dave Harrington Carbine class to be held in Houston MO at Big piney Sportsman's club.

Watch for the thread to pop up soon.

Abraxas
04-24-12, 21:41
http://store.greygrouptraining.com/2-DAY-COMBATSPEED-CARBINE.html

Two day Super Dave Harrington Carbine class to be held in Houston MO at Big piney Sportsman's club.

Watch for the thread to pop up soon.

Nice.

GD4
04-29-12, 17:50
Thread is up here. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=104459

stitchclimber
05-04-12, 01:25
Moving back to St. Louis (South City) after being away for years... Any good local firearm forums? I do a lot of FTF buying and trading.

jo-mach
05-28-12, 10:52
St Joseph -- there is a nice range by Conservation Dept by Pigeon Hill

GD4
05-28-12, 20:22
Dates confirmed for Northern Red two day Pistol Gunfighter OCT 13-14 plenty of time to plan for this one!

Watch for the thread to pop up!

hwaya
06-05-12, 16:34
I'm definitively interested in the Northern Red class, time to start saving up money.

Anyone in the STL area can show me ARPC sometime? I'm thinking about getting a membership.

GD4
08-07-12, 15:17
Anyone interested in the Northern Red pistol class please email me at chris@movementtocontact.com

smullen
08-07-12, 19:07
I'm definitively interested in the Northern Red class, time to start saving up money.

Anyone in the STL area can show me ARPC sometime? I'm thinking about getting a membership.

I'll try to remember to give you a shout next time I go and I'll get you in, give you the tour and do a bit of shooting...

GD4
08-14-12, 11:40
Northern Red class back up!!

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=110965

GD4
09-06-12, 14:54
The northern red class was taken off but I filled the slot with Kyle Defoor.

http://aliastraining.com/kyledefoor2-dayadvancedhandgun-oct13-142012-houstonmo.aspx

OldGreg
09-06-12, 15:10
The northern red class was taken off but I filled the slot with Kyle Defoor.

http://aliastraining.com/kyledefoor2-dayadvancedhandgun-oct13-142012-houstonmo.aspx

Sad about N.Red, but i couldn't make that date. Hope you can bring them back in the future.

As for KD... NICE! Too bad i'm not up to speed to take his classes. My N.Red Inception certificate might get me in one of his classes someday, but so far i haven't been able to hit the range and practice what was taught to me (yep, hating myself a.t.m.).

GB

Krusty783
09-13-12, 14:14
I'm on the west side of St. Louis and I've talked myself into getting a new free-float rail for my AR. Does anyone around STL have an action block I can borrow/ willing to help me install the rail?

I have an MI-T12 rail and it's 2.5 OD. It's like trying to grip a soda bottle and too large & uncomfortable for me. (I didn't appreciate this when I bought it). Looking to replace it with a Larue 11 rail.

---N/M I found a upper/lower block combo for a good deal on Amazon, so it looks like I'm gtg tool wise.

mpd046
09-25-12, 23:49
I'm just trying to get the word out as early as possible. I've got Pat McNamara coming back to Maryville IL (15 miles east of St Louis) in May of 2013 for a 2 day rifle course. We had Tigerswan in 2011 and Pat this year with pistol classes. 2013 will be a rifle class.

http://aliastraining.com/patmcnamara2-daycarbinetaps-may16-172013-maryvilleil.aspx

Matt

GD4
10-26-12, 09:02
I'm just trying to get the word out as early as possible. I've got Pat McNamara coming back to Maryville IL (15 miles east of St Louis) in May of 2013 for a 2 day rifle course. We had Tigerswan in 2011 and Pat this year with pistol classes. 2013 will be a rifle class.

http://aliastraining.com/patmcnamara2-daycarbinetaps-may16-172013-maryvilleil.aspx

Matt

I don't have anything laid on for May so I might get back up that way to be able to train again with Phil and James.

Oh BTW... SouthNarc ECQC in April.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1426358#post1426358

mpd046
10-26-12, 20:34
I don't have anything laid on for May so I might get back up that way to be able to train again with Phil and James.

Oh BTW... SouthNarc ECQC in April.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=1426358#post1426358

I've shot with Phil a couple of times. Phil is a great guy and can shoot!

We already have a handful of guys signed up, but there are definitely slots still available. GD do you plan on hosting anything in the Fall of 2013?

Matt

GD4
11-03-12, 07:00
Little late posting it up here but my good friend Jim from http://www.advancedperformanceshooting.com/ is putting on a two day defensive pistol course Veterans day weekend.

Normal price is 250 but if you come in with me I can get you a cheaper rate, and the more the better on that side. Round count will be 1000 rounds.

Also if your out of the area I have no problem with people crashing at my house. Its nothing fancy but Im ten minutes from the range and I have plenty of floor or yard space.

Going to be a good time.

email me for more info Chris@movementtocontact.com

PhilM
11-07-12, 20:58
Hey guys! Signing for for some more "Mac" now. Thanks for setting it up Matt. Stay safe.

mpd046
11-09-12, 20:11
Hey guys! Signing for for some more "Mac" now. Thanks for setting it up Matt. Stay safe.

Great I was hoping you'd be able to make the class. I know we've been talking about a rifle class for a year or 2.

Matt

MO_Trooper
11-20-12, 19:29
Checking in from Fulton. Full time LEO as you can guess by my very original username. Fairly new to MO from NY. If there's anyone nearby, I do most of my shooting at Whetstone in Williamsburg. If anybody wants to burn through some rounds, give me a shout.

gs013564
11-20-12, 20:11
Just giving a shout, I'm in the KCMO area. Usually go to Pigeon Hill by Saint Joe. Anyone else in my neck of the woods?

HerreraM1G
11-24-12, 03:57
Just giving a shout, I'm in the KCMO area. Usually go to Pigeon Hill by Saint Joe. Anyone else in my neck of the woods?

Im with you there nkc mo area usually do pin shoots in claycomo and some shooting at pigeon hill. Mostly go to some friends land in smithville.

JWebb1
11-27-12, 19:46
GD4, Well I've PCS'd, but it was to Fort Stewart. They changed my orders. Good luck with getting grey group out there in MO! If you are headed to or know anyone down at Fort Stewart who likes to run and gun let me know.

gs013564
11-28-12, 09:09
Does anyone know of a range that isn't so limited in what a person can do? Pigeon Hill is the only one I know that isn't supervised. However, there doesn't seem to be any distance shorter than 25 yards. I'm looking to work on drawing, semi-rapid fire, etc. Seems like all the other ranges are hard asses about practicing these types of skills.

TahoeLT
11-28-12, 17:04
I'm in the KC area as well. I shoot at OMB and Bullet Hole for indoor stuff (nice in inclement weather sometimes); Parma Woods is the best public range I've been to; Mill Creek is decent when there aren't too many fudds around, and probably your best bet for holster drills etc. Otherwise find some private land, which I've found is the best option!

GD4
11-29-12, 06:57
Got Mike Pannone coming in.

http://aliastraining.com/mikepannone2-dayhandgun-march16-172013-houstonmo.aspx

Its not that bad of a drive down from the KC area.

gs013564
11-29-12, 08:14
I'm in the KC area as well. I shoot at OMB and Bullet Hole for indoor stuff (nice in inclement weather sometimes); Parma Woods is the best public range I've been to; Mill Creek is decent when there aren't too many fudds around, and probably your best bet for holster drills etc. Otherwise find some private land, which I've found is the best option!

I've been to Parma, but it doesn't allow much variety. Does OMB or Bullet Hole allow rapid fire or drawing from the holster?

I thought Mill Creek was private?

Wish I knew someone with private land....

gs013564
11-29-12, 08:15
Got Mike Pannone coming in.

Its not that bad of a drive down from the KC area.

It mentions "1000 rounds per officer". Is that an indicator that it's not open to non-LE?

TahoeLT
11-30-12, 13:17
I've been to Parma, but it doesn't allow much variety. Does OMB or Bullet Hole allow rapid fire or drawing from the holster?

I thought Mill Creek was private?

Wish I knew someone with private land....

Mill Creek is private, but as such they allow more than a public square range.

OMB allows rapid fire, not sure about holster work but I could ask (it's about 1 mile from my shop!) Bullet Hole probably doesn't; I've found that drawing from the holster is almost always prohibited. Thanks again, Tex Grebner!

Gramaton550
11-30-12, 14:23
Lee Summit here.

gs013564
11-30-12, 15:33
Mill Creek is private, but as such they allow more than a public square range.

OMB allows rapid fire, not sure about holster work but I could ask (it's about 1 mile from my shop!) Bullet Hole probably doesn't; I've found that drawing from the holster is almost always prohibited. Thanks again, Tex Grebner!

I didn't know who Tex Grebner was until I just looked it up. :D

Thanks for your reply. I'll look into Mill Creek, although I hear it's fairly hard to get into.

zach70287
12-21-12, 17:16
My name is Zach. I am located in O Fallon MO. I recently opened my own business selling gun parts, accessories, etc. I am building a website right now, but would like to also do business with local people as well. My goal is to supply products at the cheapest possible price. I would love the opportunity to try and give my fellow forum users good deals. Because I dont have a website completed yet, if any of you are looking for anything please let me know and I can get you pricing on it for you. If you have any question please feel free to ask. I hope to do business with some of you shortly.

Thanks,

Zach

gs013564
12-21-12, 17:26
Be sure to let us know when you have it up. You're not going to do a FFL as well are you?

zach70287
12-21-12, 17:39
I dont have a FFL yet. That is what I am looking at next. I just finished getting my business license and all. So am I open for business? Yes. I have accounts with distributors right now. So if you or anyone is in the market for anything I can see what I can do for you. Right now I have the ability to accept credit cards. I am just getting the site together right now.

gs013564
12-21-12, 17:41
PM inbound.

Win75
12-25-12, 23:11

Same here.

GD4
01-15-13, 13:56
It mentions "1000 rounds per officer". Is that an indicator that it's not open to non-LE?

Wow sorry for the late reply, but the answer is that its an open enrollment class and you do not have to be leo to take it.

TrueSonPatriot1985
01-26-13, 00:25
Greetings from Columbia.

Full time LEO. I do most of my shooting either at Green Valley near Hallsville or up at Finger Lakes State Park.

.46caliber
01-27-13, 16:01
St. Chuck County area. Looking at a doing a Carbine class at UltimateDefense when they get one on the schedule.

Trying to find ammo.

Achilles11B
02-01-13, 22:47
Overland here. I split the majority of my shooting between the MDC ranges and on private property with friends. Always down to shoot, now especially with a 1911 guru.

hellion
02-01-13, 22:51
Hey, Florrisant here.
You're not to far from me.

TriviaMonster
02-02-13, 01:29
Springfield here. Well OK at the moment but I am back and forth. Nice to hear of another place to train that's close.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ToddGB
02-02-13, 02:00
Ofallon.

.46caliber
02-02-13, 09:37
Ofallon.

Any good ammo sources in the area? Having a hell of a time.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

PhilM
02-02-13, 10:20
I have had best luck on line. www.ammoseek.com is a great source. Have also made a few scores on gunbroker.

.46caliber
02-02-13, 10:41
I have had best luck on line. www.ammoseek.com is a great source. Have also made a few scores on gunbroker.

I check it several times a day. Usually by the time I see something its sold out. I guess I need to check GB daily.

mini4m3
02-02-13, 11:20
Just moved to the St. Louis/Clayton (170/64) area from Michigan.

Was thinking about getting a membership out at Big Piney (2.5hr away) down in Houston, MO.

Any thoughts? Anything closer that would be of use for actual shooting (not just bench rest)?

PhilM
02-02-13, 16:07
I have trained at Big Piney and it is a nice range. Geography is the issue. Recommend you consider Arnold Rifle and Pistol. It is much closer and offers pits as well as standard bench rest out to 100 yards. Also offers trap, skeet, and archery. It's 10 minutes from home for me so it's a no brainer. Hope this helps.

ToddGB
02-02-13, 17:44
Any good ammo sources in the area? Having a hell of a time.

Ultimate Defense always has it but they get a few bucks more than most. I was buying at Walmart but havent lately.

PhilM
02-02-13, 18:03
St. Chuck County area. Looking at a doing a Carbine class at UltimateDefense when they get one on the schedule.

Trying to find ammo.
You may want to consider this; http://aliastraining.com/patmcnamara2-daycarbinetaps-may16-172013-maryvilleil.aspx

Mac is an excellent instructor. I have trained with him before and he is "the top of the mountain".

GD4
02-02-13, 22:33
My 2013 calender is up on the website.

http://movementtocontact.com/training.html

If anyone on here is interested I could put together a training day this spring also.

.46caliber
02-02-13, 23:11
You may want to consider this; http://aliastraining.com/patmcnamara2-daycarbinetaps-may16-172013-maryvilleil.aspx

Mac is an excellent instructor. I have trained with him before and he is "the top of the mountain".

Thanks for the link. Good to have options.

.46caliber
02-02-13, 23:13
Ultimate Defense always has it but they get a few bucks more than most. I was buying at Walmart but havent lately.

Awesome. I haven't been there and now I have another reason to check them out.

PhilM
02-06-13, 18:23
My 2013 calender is up on the website.

http://movementtocontact.com/training.html

If anyone on here is interested I could put together a training day this spring also.
Hey Chris. When you have dates for a spring training day please post them or let me know. If I can fit it in I'm there; had too much fun last time.

GD4
02-06-13, 21:09
Hey Chris. When you have dates for a spring training day please post them or let me know. If I can fit it in I'm there; had too much fun last time.

Will do man!

In the mean time I know your signed up for this one but for everyone else here we have Mike Pannone coming next month!

Use your tax refund!

telecustom
02-06-13, 21:58
Just PCS'd to FLW. Looking for a good group to train with. Hope to be able to hook up with GD4 for some classes.

GD4
03-10-13, 21:54
short notice training announcement

http://www.facebook.com/events/174822719333091/

MTCT will be hosting a training day on 17th March at the Big Piney Sportsmen's club. We will be conducting known distance rifle/carbine work starting with zero conformation, marksmanship fundamentals, basic range estimation, hold over/ under,and shooting positions.

Shooters will apply the fundamentals to gain down range feed back at distances from 50 to 600 meters while engaging from different positions. This will allow shooter's to develop data on how exactly they and their equipment preform at a given distance.

Once the morning rifle portion is complete we will transition to pistol work; concentrating on the fundamentals, weapon manipulations, retention, movement, use of cover, and changing the angle of attack.

We highly recommend that you bring your handgun that you conceal carry on a daily basis for this portion of the training, if you carry a variety of different handguns bring them. You will have the opportunity to rotate out through the different drills and scenarios.

Gear list ( * annotates equipment that is optional but recommended)

Rifle/ carbine and pistol of reputable make in good working order

Red dot sight or magnified optic of choice*

Sling

500 rounds of rifle ammunition (match grade is not a must but your go to round is recommended)

500 rounds of pistol ammunition

3 mags minimum for rifle

2 mags for pistol

magazine pouches/ vest/ belt ability to carry magazines on your person *

bipod*

shooting mat/ ground cover*

Binoculars / spotting scope *

digital camera * (to quickly document your down range feed back)

Concealed carry type holster ( Your EDC rig)

seasonal weather attire

knee/ elbow pads *

eye / ear pro

weapon lube/ cleaning kit

Backpack or BOB* ( we will be using this as a shooting rest)

note book / pen

safe weapons handling

good attitude and willingness to learn

water/ food/ snacks

Price $80 dollars per student ( cash or check, no credit cards)

Safety brief will be at 745 so plan on being there early so you will be ready to go. We will also be taking a short break for lunch so bring something with you.

Please comment below if you have questions.

If you plan on attending please check inhere or email me to let me know how many to plan for.

email me with any questions

chris@movementtocontact.com

Prairie Patriot
04-14-13, 21:33
Checking in. KCMO in the Northland. Anyone know of upcoming classes in the area? Pistol or carbine works. I know of DVC in Richmond, Ks, but other than that...

Thanks in advance.

GD4
04-15-13, 07:20
Checking in. KCMO in the Northland. Anyone know of upcoming classes in the area? Pistol or carbine works. I know of DVC in Richmond, Ks, but other than that...

Thanks in advance.

I hear good things about the two and three hour classes at the bullet hole.

Check out my website if your looking for multi-day training with in a few hour drive of KC.

Just hosted ECQC this weekend.

Prac-Com
11-26-13, 20:07
Just a quick note to let everyone know that Practical Combatives is ready to hit the ground running in 2014!

Need a mobile class? Hit us up!

It can be tough finding training here in MO, so we try our best to be flexible! Our small, yet dedicated staff are eager to help you get the training you want. Whether as a civilian prepping for a worst-case scenario, or a patrol officer looking for POST hours that aren't a total waste of time.

All our staff are either Full Time LE, or Mil, all with experience ranging from unarmed combatives, knife combatives, and SRT/Warrant Service Team backgrounds. Real world training. Affordable. Restructured for 2014 with lower round count classes (because it's tough enough to hoard ammo these days!).

Find us on our new Facebook page (Practical Combatives LLC)
Email us at practicalcombatives@gmail.com

Turnkey11
01-22-15, 09:52
Finally settled in Springfield, where are all the ranges at? All I've found online are indoor or <100m outdoors, looking for 600 or farther.

tylerw02
01-22-15, 10:39
Finally settled in Springfield, where are all the ranges at? All I've found online are indoor or <100m outdoors, looking for 600 or farther.

Big Piney Sportsmans Club in Houston is not terribly far from Springfield. It goes to 800. I'm a member and have contacts there if you need info. Just PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turnkey11
02-08-15, 22:38
Big Piney Sportsmans Club in Houston is not terribly far from Springfield. It goes to 800. I'm a member and have contacts there if you need info. Just PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guy at work recommended them as well. Any places open or allow night fire?