PDA

View Full Version : Magpul RSA??????

Hound74
05-27-10, 22:20
Does anyone have any actual knowledge on the status of this part. I know it's going to be available in the spring but cmon...did I miss an update.?. Thanks

nickdrak
05-27-10, 22:26
Two weeks:p

No seriously, its supposed to be sometime in late June.

Belmont31R
05-27-10, 22:33
Don't get excited about Magpul stuff until its actually for sale.

Otherwise you will be waiting up to YEARS from when they release info til its in consumers hands.

opmike
05-28-10, 00:12
you will be waiting up to YEARS

I hope this isn't the case with their MOE middys :(

I'm tempted just to by a damn rail, but it's a little overkill for my needs.

orionz06
05-28-10, 00:20
Is it the RSA in particular you desire, or just a product that solves the same problem?

ForTehNguyen
05-28-10, 07:34
Is it the RSA in particular you desire, or just a product that solves the same problem?

for one thing similar items are $50 from other companies, RSA is supposedly around $35ish

Hound74
05-29-10, 00:48

While I have looked at other options, I really think the RSA would be the most versitile....that is if it is worth a damn when it's released

orionz06
05-29-10, 07:33
While I have looked at other options, I really think the RSA would be the most versitile....that is if it is worth a damn when it's released

this one came to mind: http://www.vikingtactics.com/prod_vtac_lusa.html

and

http://www.gggaz.com/index.php?id=118&parents=153,174

Scott66Black
05-29-10, 16:47
I really need one

Scott66Black
05-29-10, 16:48

Scott66Black
05-29-10, 16:48

CarlosDJackal
05-29-10, 21:08
I use this: MI QD Sling Mount (http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/popup.cfm?type=i&id=products/mctar08pu.gif)

It limits the amount of travel which prevents twisting of the sling.

oef24
05-29-10, 23:53
Here is one more option that will work with the MS2 and should work with the future MS3. It allows the attachment to move more freely. If you can't wait for the RSA and need it now, this is a good option priced about 5 bucks more than the RSA will be.

http://kriss-tdi.com/kriss-store.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl1&product_id=69&category_id=16

O

TwoSqueeze
05-30-10, 07:48
Here is one more option that will work with the MS2 and should work with the future MS3. It allows the attachment to move more freely. If you can't wait for the RSA and need it now, this is a good option priced about 5 bucks more than the RSA will be.

http://kriss-tdi.com/kriss-store.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl1&product_id=69&category_id=16

O

I run a modified version of the BFG sling, setup much like a MS2. It seems that most low pro mounts out there are set up for QDs and the VT attachment just seems too bulky to me. This could very well be a viable option for me and others like me, although a pricey one for what amounts to a chunk of aluminum.

-TS

Hound74
06-14-10, 15:31

O

Any idea where to get this Kriss part at a reasonable rate with shipping? Kriss wants to charge $13 shipping on a $40 part that weighs an ounce. Based on principal, I can't do that. Called Magpul today about a general release time for the RSA and they gave me absolutely no answer. It's a bitch being the customer sometimes. Thanks

Col_Crocs
06-14-10, 19:29
By absolute no, do you mean no theyre not ever releasing it or no they just didnt want to give a definite date? :(

Dozer
06-14-10, 20:48
We don't give a definite date because the first thing that happens is someone comes on the forums and posts the info. Then some unforseen problems come up and we can't make that date and before you know it everyone is up in arms about us not making a date.

Better to not say anything until it is absolutely ready to be released.

oef24
06-14-10, 20:53
I don't think too many people will have the Kriss part in stock. If you want it from Kriss, call them up and see if they can just drop it in an envelope and save you some $ on the shipping. You could also start calling all their dealers from the dealer list to see if someone has it in stock. I think the Kriss part is the best out until Magpul releases the RSA. Once the RSA is out, you should be able to find it just about anywhere locally and online.

O

Hound74
06-14-10, 21:57
By absolute no, do you mean no theyre not ever releasing it or no they just didnt want to give a definite date? :(

Can't say. Customer service was nil. She didn't acknowledge whether she knew what I was talking about or not. Second time I have called in prob 5 mo. and I no nothing more than when I started. I will try to find somewhere else to spend my money.

Hound74
06-14-10, 22:04
We don't give a definite date because the first thing that happens is someone comes on the forums and posts the info. Then some unforseen problems come up and we can't make that date and before you know it everyone is up in arms about us not making a date.

Better to not say anything until it is absolutely ready to be released.

I was only asking if it could be expected ever. I would have accepted any answer other than "I don't know." Two months? Four months? Not asking for much I don't think. But then again Magpul doesn't really need my business...they have the rest of the nation. Just seems like if I 'Joe Customer' can take the time to call and ask when I can expect to be able to spend my hard earned money on their product...someone could have the time to at least blow smoke up my ass!

Hound74
06-14-10, 22:10
I don't think too many people will have the Kriss part in stock. If you want it from Kriss, call them up and see if they can just drop it in an envelope and save you some $ on the shipping. You could also start calling all their dealers from the dealer list to see if someone has it in stock. I think the Kriss part is the best out until Magpul releases the RSA. Once the RSA is out, you should be able to find it just about anywhere locally and online.

O

Thanks...I called four dealers today but none had it in stock. Although there was a very helpful young lady 'Brandi' at www.thearbunker.com Will prob just order from her tommorrow based on the fact she was very patient, helpful and wanted my business. (Magpul Take Notes) I think she said shipping was $5 to my region. Bout a week and a half time to my door. Thanks for the help

Dozer
06-15-10, 08:44
I was only asking if it could be expected ever. I would have accepted any answer other than "I don't know." Two months? Four months? Not asking for much I don't think. But then again Magpul doesn't really need my business...they have the rest of the nation. Just seems like if I 'Joe Customer' can take the time to call and ask when I can expect to be able to spend my hard earned money on their product...someone could have the time to at least blow smoke up my ass!

Blowing smoke is not what we are about. As hard as we are working to bring all our products to market, there are always unforseen circumstances that delay some releases. We do not give out time frames for a reason. Sorry if this doesn't meet your expectations but we do things this way for a reason. When the RSA is ready for release Drake will post something. Until then I hope that you can find something that fits your needs.

Stay safe.

Rated21R
06-15-10, 09:00
I'm glad Magpul doesn't blow smoke and throw out wag dates. I would much rather know the product has been tested, evaluated, etc. and is ready to hit the shelves then to have something rushed out to meet a "deadline." I will continue to drink the Kool-Aid and I don't mind someone not telling me when the Kool-Aid is going to be ready. :D

jsebens
06-15-10, 09:36
Hound74,

The flipside to that is that the woman with whom you spoke probably DOESN'T know the final release schedule for future products.

Hound74
06-15-10, 17:57
Hound74,

The flipside to that is that the woman with whom you spoke probably DOESN'T know the final release schedule for future products.

I understood that before I even called but a simple ' We are still planning to release the product this summer or this year' would have been better than nothing. I also realize they probably get hundreds of calls everyday. Anyhow...case closed

Hound74
06-15-10, 18:00
Blowing smoke is not what we are about. As hard as we are working to bring all our products to market, there are always unforseen circumstances that delay some releases. We do not give out time frames for a reason. Sorry if this doesn't meet your expectations but we do things this way for a reason. When the RSA is ready for release Drake will post something. Until then I hope that you can find something that fits your needs.

Stay safe.

I appreciate the professional and courteous response.

JSantoro
06-15-10, 18:50
I would have accepted any answer other than "I don't know."

So, you fully admit that the concept that she might genuinely not have known just flew 3 meters over your head, or that you ignored it for no better reason that it didn't fit in your worldview. Not really sure which is worse, the lack of critical thought or the sense of entitlement.

Dozer, good on you, man, keeping an even keel. I don't know what would happen if I dealt with customers that felt entitled to having their balls cupped for them and treat my people with the level of blithe contempt this dude's shown here. Bad things, most likely.

Dozer
06-16-10, 08:56
I appreciate the professional and courteous response.

No problems Hound.

Dozer
06-16-10, 08:59
Dozer, good on you, man, keeping an even keel. I don't know what would happen if I dealt with customers that felt entitled to having their balls cupped for them and treat my people with the level of blithe contempt this dude's shown here. Bad things, most likely.

Thanks brother. No one hates delays more than me but such is life. Until someone can figure out how to deal with Murphy(that SOB shows up everywhere!) this is the way things will remain.

S/F

aslink
06-16-10, 09:55
I've looked at other sling mounts and I didn't see anything I thought would work or liked. I have real estate on my rail marked as sold. So I'm patiently waiting for the RSA's arrival.

Ken

Hound74
06-16-10, 18:06
Let me know if your low social IQ prevents you from understanding your infraction notice.

NCPatrolAR

NCPatrolAR
06-16-10, 20:55
Closed for obvious reasons