PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day- Thanks

sewvacman
05-28-10, 07:41
Since it's Memorial Day weekend, and I will be on vacation without my computer, I would just like to thank all the men and women who put themselves in harms way to secure our freedoms. Thanks to all who have died and all who have served and are currently serving in our armed forces.

rat31465
05-28-10, 08:32
Thats my Uncle second from right on the back row he made the landing on D-Day at Normandy.....Thanks Uncle Ralph.
And Thanks to all that have sacrificed and served.

https://www.m4carbine.net/picture.php?albumid=53&pictureid=242

jmtgsx
05-28-10, 08:36
Here, Here!
I shall raise a glass in your honor, for your sacrifices were great.
God bless.

tampam4
05-28-10, 09:32
A sincere thank you from every fiber of my heart goes out to those who have sacrificed and served God and country. There is a special place in heaven for you.

God speed to you angel, wherever you go
and although you have left, I want you to know,
my heart filled with sorrow, I won't let it show.
I'll see you again, when it's my time to go.

SeriousStudent
05-28-10, 15:29
A part of me says that they are never truly gone, as long as we remember what made them live in our hearts.

Raise a glass, toast their names, and fly your flag.

GermanSynergy
05-29-10, 13:21
Happy Memorial Day. Let's not forget those that have served, are still serving in harms way. Let us not forget those that have been wounded or have paid the ultimate price so we can be a free nation. You are not forgotten and are missed every day.

RIP: MSG Matthew Ritz 2005
RIP: SSG Keith Bennett OIF 2005
RIP: 1SG Blue Rowe OEF 2009

WillBrink
05-30-10, 09:53
Trivia of possible interest this Memorial Day: My grandfather on my mothers side had the same birthday as I do (today), and his initials was WAR = William A Riefel. He was a pilot in the South Pacific in WWII and he did come back. I have always been honored my B Day happens to fall on Memorial Day and I think of the various vets in my family as well as others on this day who have given so much and often gotten so little back.

The thin green and blue line, it's not just a metaphor.

BAC
05-31-10, 08:29
http://www.pogowasright.org/blogs/dissent/images/CoxForkum.gif

To all of those who made that greatest sacrifice, thank you and may you be always remembered as the heroes you were.

-B

MassMark
05-31-10, 08:59
My deepest thanks as a proud patriot to those of you who have sacrificed so much for your country....

mattjmcd
05-31-10, 09:59
We owe them so much.

DacoRoman
06-01-10, 00:03
my deepest thanks to all of the fallen heroes