1833Marine
06-02-10, 20:34
Oshkosh area here

stylin7
06-14-10, 19:09
Neenah-Menasha area here

grunz
06-15-10, 21:22
Hi guys, I'll be visiting the girlfriends family in the Janesville for 4th of July. Are there any good ranges in the area and also any ranges that rent out guns?

I could bring my guns but I really dont want to deal with checking baggage for a short trip.

USMC1341
06-16-10, 22:46
Hi guys, I'll be visiting the girlfriends family in the Janesville for 4th of July. Are there any good ranges in the area and also any ranges that rent out guns?

I could bring my guns but I really dont want to deal with checking baggage for a short trip.

No place in Janesville for rental. Milwaukee area has some shops that rent pistols on their indoor ranges. Fletcher Arms in Waukesha might be the closest one. 262-549-4488

BTW I'm in Darien

Chameleox
06-17-10, 08:42
Madison here.

Deerfield Pistol and Archery has in indoor 60 ft range. They do rentals. They're about 13 miles east of Madison, probably about 40 miles or so from Janesville.
www.deerfieldpistol.com

grunz
06-17-10, 11:27
Thanks guys!

Kevin
06-17-10, 13:37
Hi all,

South side of Milwaukee here.

Below are gun clubs in the area that I'm familiar with, if you have any questions about these give me a PM. I don't know anything about any other clubs in the area:

Racine County Line Rifle Club: 600 meter and seperate 500 yard range, covered 100 yard range, NFA and LE friendly. Pistol range in the pits of the 500 yard range so obviously can't use both at the same time. I believe they're in the process of building a 50 BMG range. They have IDPA, NRA High-Power and shotgun games, amongst others. Somewhere in the neighborhood of $100 - $300 to join, (sorry, it's been a while,) and then about $60 - 75/year. Work hour requirements are 100 hours in your first three years, then your done, but additional work hours earn you more votes. Off of Seven Mile Road on the northeast end of Racine County:
http://my.rclrc.net/

Schultz Gun Club in Muskego: 100 yard rifle, shotgun games, USPSA and IDPA, rimfire leagues, archery & more. joining fees & yearly dues similiar to Racine County Line, work hour requirements are either 10 or 15 hours a year, I forget:
http://my.rclrc.net/

Oconomowoc Sportsman's Club. Five minutes off the freeway. 300 yard covered rifle range, USPSA & Cowboys, archery, shotgun, rimfire leagues. NFA friendly. Membership is capped at (I think) 300 members so there is usually a short waiting list to join, but worth it. Work hour requirements are either 10 or 15 hours a year, again, I forget:
http://www.oscinc.org/

tuck
09-30-10, 23:53
Oshkosh area here

Oshkosh here as well...

coyote hunter
10-09-10, 21:19
Originally from the Waukesha area

I worked at McMiller sports center under both forms of recent management.

Currently in the Eau Claire area for advanceing my edumacation.

Anyone know of a good range around Chippewa, Menomonie?

tuck
10-10-10, 21:54
Originally from the Waukesha area

I worked at McMiller sports center under both forms of recent management.

Currently in the Eau Claire area for advanceing my edumacation.

Anyone know of a good range around Chippewa, Menomonie?

I heard there was a decent 600 yard range in the Eau Claire area, but I've never had the chance to go.

If you are up for a bit of a drive, there is a fairly nice range at the Josie Creek park just outside of Tony, WI.

I would recommend going on a week day if you can though. It is an open range, and is subject to mall ninjas, and dumb rednecks on weekends.

It's probably about an hour and a half from E.C.

coyote hunter
10-10-10, 22:06
I heard there was a decent 600 yard range in the Eau Claire area, but I've never had the chance to go.

If you are up for a bit of a drive, there is a fairly nice range at the Josie Creek park just outside of Tony, WI.

I would recommend going on a week day if you can though. It is an open range, and is subject to mall ninjas, and dumb rednecks on weekends.

It's probably about an hour and a half from E.C.

Thanks! I'll have too look in to the 600 yard-er. I havent had the oppertunity to shoot past 300 yet

MeanRider
10-12-10, 12:50
Tony would be well over an hr from Eau Claire. Black River Falls has a decent range that has been used for M4 Carbine classes from EAG Tactical. I believe Bravo Co was a Sponser. Black River is about a half hr south of Eau Claire on 94.

coyote hunter
10-12-10, 13:03
Tony would be well over an hr from Eau Claire. Black River Falls has a decent range that has been used for M4 Carbine classes from EAG Tactical. I believe Bravo Co was a Sponser. Black River is about a half hr south of Eau Claire on 94.

Do you happen to have any information on the range in BRF? Especially any future carbine classes.

And also, have you ever been to Moe’s hardware there. It is quite possibly the best store on the face of the earth. I just about refuse to buy a firearm from anywhere else.

I hunt in that area so it would be one of the better places for me to go to shoot. And i would love to try a carbine class. :D

MeanRider
10-13-10, 12:45
Moe's is the place.

I have never been to the BRF Range. I had just seen that Bravo Co, and EAG Tactical had used a range there. I usually shoot on my Dad's farm where I have no restrictions.

ArmedPete
03-09-11, 13:35
Waukesha member here.

I just moved from Whitehall which is between Eau Claire and La Crosse.

coyote hunter
03-09-11, 14:44
Have you checked out Flecther Arms yet?

It's an indoor pistol range and gun shop. Not much, but it works. They don't allow .223/5.56 there. Pistol calibers only. They do have handgun rental, which is reasonable, but you have to buy their overpriced ammo.

I'm planning on going friday or saturday to get some trigger time in.

ArmedPete
03-10-11, 19:09
I have been there 3 times, its not bad.
let me know if you want to meet up some time. I have a dozen or so pistols that I like to change it up between.

Karcas
03-10-11, 19:46
Eau Claire here.