PDA

View Full Version : G&R LPK

payj
05-30-10, 22:37
Anyone know what manufacture(s) are used in his lpk's? Different parts come from different manufactures from what I understand.

thx

Preferred User
05-30-10, 22:50
Google turns up this answer on Primal Rights: Grant the owner wont tell me exactly whats what but its a mixture of LMT (not CMT) parts and real Colt parts. If I had to guess I would say the trigger/hammer look like Colt and the rest look like LMT parts. As I stated before I wanted true "mil-spec" parts for this build. Not only in the fit of the parts but as well as the heat treatment and quality control standards. After doing weeks (yes weeks) of research and from talking with some top builders it was pretty clear that the best mil-spec LPK out there are Colt, FNH, LMT. These as far as I know are the only LPKs that meet every true mil-spec requirement. I also would feel good about DD and some CMT LPKs. The G&R kit is nice cause he uses bits from the top manufacturers as they will not sell just the LPK. You can build one with Colt parts but it would run about $220.00, FNH will not sell their parts and you can only get a LMT LPK with one of their complete built lowers. Anyway the fit and finish on the G&R LPK was top notch. Trigger pull is nice (well for a mil-spec anyway) and everything went together perfect. As far as Im concerned, this will be the only LPK I will use anymore on my builds or customers builds....

If you read posts here or on other forums you will learn that Grant is quite reputable.

99HMC4
05-30-10, 23:02
Yup, that was my post over on PR site. Its just a strait up nice kit. Buy one...:D

marco.g
05-30-10, 23:30
i have one in my DD lower he built me and the selector and bolt catch have the LMT marking on them.

Preferred User
05-31-10, 00:46
Yup, that was my post over on PR site. Its just a strait up nice kit. Buy one...:D

:8} Sorry, didn't mean to poach your post from PR. Just saying a little Google-Fu would have answered the OP's question or he could have just PMed Grant.

mark5pt56
05-31-10, 03:35
Good kit, have a few and anytime I let someone shoot my weapons, they always say "what did you do to the trigger?" --nothing

Spoon
05-31-10, 05:03
I have a G&R LPK on a S&W MP lower. It's nice to know who made what, I also noticed the trigger feels really good,. I noticed a difference compared to my DPMS lower. I really need to switch out it's LPK to.

randolph
05-31-10, 08:34
I think grant sells colt LPK's for $170ish also:p

99HMC4
05-31-10, 08:57
:8} Sorry, didn't mean to poach your post from PR. Just saying a little Google-Fu would have answered the OP's question or he could have just PMed Grant.

No problem at all....:D

C4IGrant
05-31-10, 09:57
They are made by elves in a magical Forrest. ;)

C4

ralph
05-31-10, 11:17
They are made by elves in a magical Forrest. ;)

C4

That "magical forest" would'nt be right behind your shop would it?;)

controlledpairs2
05-31-10, 12:01
i bought grant's lpk for my larue stealth build. great parts, fast shipping, go for it and you wont be disappointed