PDA

View Full Version : Vince Flynn novel made movie

Loner
05-31-10, 05:57
For those who have been following Vince Flynn's novels. They will be doing an adaptation of Consent to Kill soon. Antoine Fuqua will be directing. Can't wait.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/03/22/butler-fox-or-farrell-may-have-a-consent-to-kill-with-fuqua/

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/01/12/antoine-fuqua-will-direct-consent-to-kill-based-on-novel-by-vince-flynn/

d90king
05-31-10, 07:33
I enjoy his books, hopefully they do him justice in a movie.

Palmguy
05-31-10, 07:39
I enjoy his books, hopefully they do him justice in a movie.

Agreed completely.

mattjmcd
05-31-10, 09:56
I heard an interview a year or so ago on Hugh Hewitt's show. Flynn was asked about the enormous popularity of the Rapp franchise, and the fact that no movies had even been optioned. It seems he is toxic to Hollywood- way too real, way too un-PC. Good to hear something is being made. Personally, I'd like to see a really good film treatment of Daniel Silva's Allon stories. :)

05-31-10, 11:31
Hopefully we have a couple of Rapp's out there.

dookie1481
05-31-10, 14:33
Man I loved the first few novels, particularly Term Limits, but they became very formulaic and repetitive after a while.

Jay

120mm
05-31-10, 23:59
Man I loved the first few novels, particularly Term Limits, but they became very formulaic and repetitive after a while.

Jay

Read John Sandford, Stephen Hunter and then read Flynn. Sandford and Hunter are artists while Flynn's writing is simplistic and child-like, with very little technical knowledge in the field he writes about, just to make things worse.

His writing reminds me of the fat lady from "Throw Momma From The Train" who decides to write a novel about submarines, without knowing the correct terminology for submarines.

I'm a spec/technical writer and I've had a nightmare once, where everything I wrote came out sounding like a Mitch Rapp novel. Thank God I woke up.

Flynn is the Hesse/Vulcan Arms of action/adventure novels.

dookie1481
06-01-10, 02:35
Read John Sandford, Stephen Hunter and then read Flynn. Sandford and Hunter are artists while Flynn's writing is simplistic and child-like, with very little technical knowledge in the field he writes about, just to make things worse.

His writing reminds me of the fat lady from "Throw Momma From The Train" who decides to write a novel about submarines, without knowing the correct terminology for submarines.

I'm a spec/technical writer and I've had a nightmare once, where everything I wrote came out sounding like a Mitch Rapp novel. Thank God I woke up.

Yeah I know it's cheeseball shit but sometimes I like movies like SWAT and books like Term Limits :D

120mm
06-01-10, 12:26
Yeah I know it's cheeseball shit but sometimes I like movies like SWAT and books like Term Limits :D

God help me, I've read the first three books in the series, and plan on reading the rest on this next deployment.

Larry Bond is another schlock-writer who just needs to put the pen away, pick of his "big .45mm ComBloc manufactured blue steel Spec Ops Seal Team Six Bulging, Throbbing Makarov" and blow his awful writing brains out.

Flynn and Bond just need to be put on an adjectival diet.

I'm re-re-re-re-re-re-re-reading Sandford's Easy Prey, and comparing and contrasting the cartoonish, stereotypical Flynn Barbie Doll leading lady Rielly with Jael, the former supermodel with the facial scars that Lucas Davenport is going to get nasty with.

No comparison.

d90king
06-01-10, 13:06

I would expect you to be a big Clancy fan... And maybe Cussler..

Palmguy
06-01-10, 14:03
God help me, I've read the first three books in the series, and plan on reading the rest on this next deployment.

Why willingly subject yourself to something so painful and ridiculous? :rolleyes: