PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Lower Build-Need Help?

Nevermiss
05-31-10, 13:53
A few months ago I got a stripped Noveske lower with the purchase of an upper. I also had a couple TI BDX lowers that I assembled and I noticed something different about the Noveske lower. (I apologize because it has been a few months since I looked at my Noveske lower, but for those of you who have assembled one, you will know exactly what I mean).

In one of the spaces where a detent spring is installed, the recess is much longer than the spring. However on the outside of the lower, there is a hole that goes into this column recess. It appears as though there needs to be some type of pin inserted here to press against the back of the detent spring to hold it in the proper location.

Does anyone know what I am talking about? I thought I could get a quicker response here to this simple question than if I called/e-mailed Noveske.

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

bkb0000
05-31-10, 13:59
are you talking about the front pivot pin detent? nothing goes in that hole.. it's just a hole that serves it's own purpose.

99HMC4
05-31-10, 14:14
Ive always thought it was a drain? In any case leave it alone....:D

shootist~
05-31-10, 16:23
In one of the spaces where a detent spring is installed, the recess is much longer than the spring.

That should not be - are you sure the spring is correct?

500grains
05-31-10, 18:08
Ive always thought it was a drain? In any case leave it alone....:D

It's where the GPS locator is installed...

Col_Crocs
05-31-10, 21:32
In one of the spaces where a detent spring is installed, the recess is much longer than the spring.
How much longer is it thatn the spring? Unless the detent itself isnt sticking out and engaging the pivot pin, you should be good to go. That little bit of room is there to allow the detent to push back as it rides the pivot pin rail and pushed all the way in for disassembly.

However on the outside of the lower, there is a hole that goes into this column recess. It appears as though there needs to be some type of pin inserted here to press against the back of the detent spring to hold it in the proper location.

No, leave it be.

Nevermiss
06-05-10, 21:23
My bad. Thanks for the feedback.

I just looked at the position of the hole and noted it was further back than the front pivot pin detent spring would extend to and never bothered to actually put the spring in to check, for fear of the spring going into the recess further than the spring length and possibly getting stuck.

Well then the next questions would be:

1. What is the hole for? Storage for Noveske Mojo or maybe the dilithium crystals?
2. Do any other manufacturers put this hole there? The other lowers I own are JP and TI BDX lowers and neither have the mystery hole.

99HMC4
06-06-10, 12:19
1. What is the hole for? Storage for Noveske Mojo or maybe the dilithium crystals?
2. Do any other manufacturers put this hole there? The other lowers I own are JP and TI BDX lowers and neither have the mystery hole.

I would like to know as well, as I said I thought it was a drian....

Ramrod615
06-06-10, 13:05
http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr15/615buck/IMG_0484-1.jpg

If thats the hole your talking about I believe its called the front pivot pin vent.