PDA

View Full Version : Oregon, Meet, Greet, and Shoot

lfromsalem
05-31-10, 14:29
My new project is to set up a shoot, for M4C'ers, and local folks.

The goal is to talk turkey, check out gear and guns, and meet good people, who may or may not be members.

Right now I'm looking for a location, and some sponsers. I would like any and all ideas(help is good too).:D

I will update when more info is available.

odiesplace
05-31-10, 15:53
I'm out by Silverton and would be interested in meeting some local guys to train with. PM me and let me know what I can do to help. I'll do what I can around my work and kid schedule

lfromsalem
05-31-10, 16:09
The number 1 thing right now is a location. I don't imagine alot of people, but one never knows. I checked on one place just out of Salem, but it is a NO GO. If a place for shooting is not an option, then I think that's ok(not ideal, but ok).

I'm getting this going as a "hands on forum".It is meant to give people the chance to see what other's are using, and mabey even try stuff they might not otherwise get too. Not just firearms, but gear.

I will leave the training to the pro's, for I am not.

lfromsalem
06-03-10, 13:22
Locked down the first sponser yesterday. Please post any ideas or things you would like to see.

Trying to judge intrest.

Cerberos
06-25-10, 00:10
What about one of the local gun clubs such as Tri-County...?

Titleist
06-25-10, 01:01
Find a good location and I'm down.

titsonritz
07-21-10, 04:53
I'm in Keizer and am interested.

PdxMotoxer
09-19-10, 20:34
Summer has came and pretty much gone......
did this ever go down?

theRedSkull
09-22-10, 21:18
im in corvallis and would like to see something like this happen, sorry im new to the site.

lfromsalem
09-23-10, 12:03
Nothing yet.....still waiting on more local sponsors.
I would like to know where everyone would like to see this take place.

The Salem area is best, as it splits the difference between P-town, and Eugene.

Titleist
09-23-10, 12:08
Salem is totally do-able.

wake.joe
09-23-10, 13:28
I'm in Hillsboro, and will happily drive to Salem.

Dirk Williams
09-23-10, 13:49
I know it's a long haul but Ive got about 4000/5000 acres available in Klamath Falls, Southern Oregon.

There's a large deep red cinder pit which is where I do alot of pistol and M4, Ak stuff and lots of long range stuff, Say 1000/1200y. A semi primitive private campground, water and most importantly it's available free of charge. Most important no people.

A weekend camp out and shoot is do-able. I shoot out here weekly and have put on vintage motocross races here.

It's 24 miles east of Klamath Falls, between Klamath Falls and Lakeview Oregon. Out in the sticks

Just an idea. I know it's along ways from Northern Oregon but it's at least on the table.

D Williams

theRedSkull
09-23-10, 17:30
I know it's a long haul but Ive got about 4000/5000 acres available in Klamath Falls, Southern Oregon.

There's a large deep red cinder pit which is where I do alot of pistol and M4, Ak stuff and lots of long range stuff, Say 1000/1200y. A semi primitive private campground, water and most importantly it's available free of charge. Most important no people.

A weekend camp out and shoot is do-able. I shoot out here weekly and have put on vintage motocross races here.

It's 24 miles east of Klamath Falls, between Klamath Falls and Lakeview Oregon. Out in the sticks

Just an idea. I know it's along ways from Northern Oregon but it's at least on the table.

D Williams

while salem sounds the most likely to work for the majority, i am very intrigued at the idea of a good place to shoot and you sound like you have a pretty good setup out there, so i will bump this, know that i am interested.

Dirk Williams
09-23-10, 17:49
Red, weather the others opt to come shoot or not, everybodies welcome to come to my place and shot. This is one of the oldest homesteads in southern Oregon.

The owners are awesome folks and have allowed me to use the land for pretty much anything legal. Let me know what your schedule looks like and plan on coming down to review the area." maybe with a AAR the rest might drive the distance.

Frankly you will be amazed with the shooting oppertunities here. If the ranch dose't work we go to the woods where 2000 yard shots are available in the clear cuts.Uphill/Downhill Cross canyon etc etc.

I haven't shot that far but the oppertunity is here. Give me a call if your interested.

Dirk Williams
541-883-8495H
530-708-1438C

lfromsalem
09-24-10, 11:43
Thank you. I will pass this info on to the sponsors we have, and hope to get.

theRedSkull
09-24-10, 17:28
Red, weather the others opt to come shoot or not, everybodies welcome to come to my place and shot. This is one of the oldest homesteads in southern Oregon.

The owners are awesome folks and have allowed me to use the land for pretty much anything legal. Let me know what your schedule looks like and plan on coming down to review the area." maybe with a AAR the rest might drive the distance.

Frankly you will be amazed with the shooting oppertunities here. If the ranch dose't work we go to the woods where 2000 yard shots are available in the clear cuts.Uphill/Downhill Cross canyon etc etc.

I haven't shot that far but the oppertunity is here. Give me a call if your interested.

Dirk Williams
541-883-8495H
530-708-1438C

well dirk thank you, but i am still working on getting life in order after leaving the service, but i will keep the area in mind when im ready to get out there, i will be sure to contact you before i do.

but i for one would like to see some pics of what we are talking about here.

but thank you again good sir.

SGT D USMC
10-02-10, 00:34
I live in Keizer, I'm retired and very interested

tradja
12-26-10, 17:04
Bump. Any updates on this project? I'd be interested in an event somewhere in the Valley or that KFalls property sounds perfect.

Rayd8
12-26-10, 18:54
I'd be interested in a meet up as well. I'm a member at Tri-county.....we could set something up there depending on group size. We'd probably need a few members due to rules.

tradja
02-07-11, 15:09
<crickets>

...so when are we getting together?

lfromsalem
02-07-11, 17:47
Not much to report. I have not heard from any local manufacturers.
With SHOT and Accusport, i'm not surprised. I will be sending another letter out in a week or two.

dashterry
04-18-11, 13:32
I'm down in Roseburg with a group of 5 to 10 other AR guys depending on their LE schedules and a bunch of us are always down to travel and shoot. I hope this thing takes off. If not i suppose we'll survive down here in the sticks with our shooting spots.

Stump70
05-13-11, 10:54
Albany has a great range if you guys haven't considered them yet.

DemonRat
07-26-11, 22:00
I live in Warrenton on the coast. Did this happen yet or still in the air about it. Maybe we can plan it for next year and get a number of who's gonna go and all. This sounds like it would be very educational for me as the only instructions I have ever gotten was force fed to me by my Drill Sergeant's.:lol:

dashterry
07-27-11, 01:30
My September is already full. I'd say either October early or we gotta all wait Til next year.... :suicide2:

tradja
07-28-11, 11:32
In any event, I'm interested in attending. Let's keep this one afloat.

DemonRat
08-10-11, 21:28
Just checking in on this as I am on the north coast area and anywhere in Oregon is good for me. So what happened. Was this canceled due to lack of enthusiasm. Or we still waiting on sponsors and such. Just wanted to bump this just in case life happened. I still say we can do a meet and greet anyways even if its just to meet. We really don't have to do a match per-say. But would be nice to meet some new like minded people that want to get together just to shoot the sh*t. Besides I got a tent and camping equipment so I don't need a motel just enough room for my tent and my little jimmy.

USAFR
02-10-12, 02:36
we can shoot, but Im also looking at the larger picture, EMT, really knowing your.. GPS ..maps, campus..so anyone into this?? so many trails to walk..

1H11
04-10-13, 03:49
I live in Clackamas County. Name it I would enjoy training with some good squared away folks.