PDA

View Full Version : My post count..

SCB 57
05-31-10, 21:50
I'm fine with the 200 minimum post floor for GD. But I can't seem to find the required minimum for the Equipment Exchange. I've read it, but forgot the requirement. Would some one please refresh my memory. Thanks

bkb0000
05-31-10, 21:52
this is the AR forum. this should be posted in the site questions/comments section- surely you don't have to have 200 posts to post there...?

i believe the minimum post requirement for the marketplace is 40 or 50... its not higher than 50.

SHIVAN
05-31-10, 21:54
Moved to Site Questions/Comments.

The Equipment Exchange post count limitation is 30 posts.

SCB 57
05-31-10, 23:45
Thanks gents.

tb-av
06-02-10, 13:56
You can still buy there, you just can't sell. Nor can you Pay it Forward.

scooter52
06-13-10, 09:47
Surely one doesn't need post to buy in the EE, but when I click a post and want to ask a question it tells me I don't have enough posts.

I belong to a couple other well known forums and they do not require members to have a certain number of posts before they can buy sell or whatever.
What is the reasoning behind this rule?
Why is it that I don't see any kind of spaming in the other forums that do not have this posting rule?
Thanks

rob_s
06-13-10, 10:09
I'm starting to think those that ask these kinds of questions should just be banned outright for lack of leading comprehension under the assumption that there is no hope for any kind of positive contribution to the site. Ever.

Some things LF does do right....

At the top of every single EE section there is a thread titled "EE Procedures and Rules (http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=37102)". right on that page, again near the top, the only text in red:
"Your ad will be locked out to all members except you - only you can post in your own ad."

As for why people need to contribute to the forum prior to being able to simply abuse the site to peddle their own crap.... this falls under the "if I have to explain, you probably wouldn't understand" category.

PlatoCATM
06-13-10, 11:07
I'm starting to think those that ask these kinds of questions should just be banned outright for lack of leading comprehension under the assumption that there is no hope for any kind of positive contribution to the site. Ever.

As for why people need to contribute to the forum prior to being able to simply abuse the site to peddle their own crap.... this falls under the "if I have to explain, you probably wouldn't understand" category.

How about banning people for all mistakes, grammatical and typographical as well? We are all human, some just need a little learning, which is what this site is supposed to be about.

GLOCKMASTER
06-13-10, 13:06

Some things LF does do right....

At the top of every single EE section there is a thread titled "EE Procedures and Rules (http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=37102)". right on that page, again near the top, the only text in red:
"Your ad will be locked out to all members except you - only you can post in your own ad."

Rob to start off with this isn't LF, so if you do not like the way we run things here on M4, please feel free to park yourself over on LF.

Also, if you cannot contribute to a thread anything better than the above ,well, then don't.

Thank you for your cooperation.