PDA

View Full Version : Need some stone cold advice on shipping a handgun...to California

Avenger29
05-31-10, 23:03
Got a buyer for one of my handguns (actually trade for an Aimpoint) gun in question is a 1961 FN Hi Power.

Buyer is in California. I'm in SC. I understand (and it's shown on the CAL DOJ website) that shipping from a private individual to Cali is allowed, and that the transfer doesn't have to be approved by Cali DOJ (but you would for FFL to FFL). The gun is going to the Beale AFB Rod and Gun Club.

Just wanted to confirm this and ask if there was anything special I need to do otherwise? Going to be shipping it UPS Next Day Air (and w/o magazines)

I'd ask on another site, but damn, I just can't trust answers there like I can from the experienced members here. I think I'm clear/legal so far, just want to make sure.

Buck
05-31-10, 23:58
Your fine... Be sure to include a copy of your ID for the FFLs records... Just a FYI, If you also want to include a disassembled BHP magazine rebuild kit or two consisting of a magazine body, spring, follower, and base plate, that is also permissible under CA law...

B

PS: Be sure to use a common carrier…

Avenger29
06-01-10, 00:31
Your fine... Be sure to include a copy of your ID for the FFLs records... Just a FYI, If you also want to include a disassembled BHP magazine rebuild kit or two consisting of a magazine body, spring, follower, and base plate, that is also permissible under CA law...

B

PS: Be sure to use a common carrier…

Thanks, it's going UPS Next Day air.

The three mags for it are being sent to the fellow's parents house in Texas. Since the fellow is military in CA, he can have the mags in Cali, but it's up to him to get them from TX to CA legally.