PDA

View Full Version : optics with an "A" frame front sight, what works best?

mxriderkev
06-01-10, 03:00
I have a stag model 1l with an"A" frame and am looking to put a scope or magnifier on my m4. I have a aimpoint comp m2 (m68) on it now, my question to you guys/gals is if i get a scope with magnification is the front sight going to be a issue? will ibe able to see it or will it be a ghost?or should use a magnifier with my red dot? what would my fellow m4 enthusiast recommend. im only looking to shoot about 400 meters. thanks folks

Failure2Stop
06-01-10, 09:13
Ignore the front sight blur and you will be fine.

UVvis
06-01-10, 10:15
With the red dot you have now, your focus is on the target. You still have the front sight tower in your field of view, but you just ignore it. Adding magnification, you'll still do the same.

For out to 400 meters, it depends on what you are shooting. Are you planning to make hits on steel? Shoot a few test groups? An Aimpoint and a good shooter can make hits out to that range, but it gets harder. The magnifier allows you to see better. Scopes typically have a more precise aiming option and more magnification. So it really depends on your goals and where you want your compromises to sit to depend on what you choose.