PDA

View Full Version : POF 20" 7.62/ P-308 Rifle...

Razorhunter
05-22-07, 19:22
Guys,
I'm thinking of buying a 20" POF 7.62 rifle, and I would like to know if someone can answer a few questions, as I have called POF for the last two days, with no answer on the phone:

1. Is the 20" 308 available yet?

2. WHAT rail systems/options are available??? Is the POF MRR (Monolithic Rail) the ONLY rail system available on this rifle or what??????? Damn how I wish they had more rail options.

3. IF I order this rifle, can I get it WITHOUT that odd looking POF FSB on the front? I prefer a BUIS on this platform. Does POF offer low profile Gas Blocks? Better yet, does POF offer PINNED low pro gas blocks on their rifles???

This is ALL I need to know, really, before I make a decision.
CROSSING MY FINGERS hoping there are rail options and other gas block options on this one. If it were ANY other rifle than the 20" 7.62, I'd be fine with the stock FSB.
However, a FSB sticking up in my scope's line of view is just unacceptable on a 20" 7.62...

Thanks.

TUNNEL RAT 33
05-23-07, 11:45
from what i understand the best way to contact pof is by email . their phones are hard to get through on .

vinesr6
05-23-07, 19:19
Guys,
I'm thinking of buying a 20" POF 7.62 rifle, and I would like to know if someone can answer a few questions, as I have called POF for the last two days, with no answer on the phone:

1. Is the 20" 308 available yet?

.....It is available but be prepared to wait...

2. WHAT rail systems/options are available??? Is the POF MRR (Monolithic Rail) the ONLY rail system available on this rifle or what??????? Damn how I wish they had more rail options.

.....AFAIK the MRR is the only option right now. They used to offer the 16" version w/a middy length DD Lite rail.

3. IF I order this rifle, can I get it WITHOUT that odd looking POF FSB on the front? I prefer a BUIS on this platform. Does POF offer low profile Gas Blocks? Better yet, does POF offer PINNED low pro gas blocks on their rifles???

.....They should be able to sell you a rifle w/o the front BUIS. You meant the gas block underneath the rail? With the MRR it is underneath the rail and pinned, their GP is designed so you can take it apart using the front part of the gas block. Hence I don't think you can get a rifle with the gas block way in there.
This is ALL I need to know, really, before I make a decision.
CROSSING MY FINGERS hoping there are rail options and other gas block options on this one. If it were ANY other rifle than the 20" 7.62, I'd be fine with the stock FSB.
However, a FSB sticking up in my scope's line of view is just unacceptable on a 20" 7.62...

.....That is not a FSB, it's a removable BUIS so I see no problem. I hope that answered your questions.
Thanks.

Or get a DPMS or AR-10....and customize it the way you want it to look...;)

Razorhunter
05-23-07, 22:28
Well, I don't want a DPMS or AR10. The whole point of me wanting a POF is to obtain a gas piston rifle. :cool:

Anyhow, I was totally unaware that what LOOKS like a proprietary FSB (Front Sight Base), on the POF rifles, is actually a removeable BUIS???
I was TOTALLY unaware! I most definitely would remove that FRONT sight on my rifle.
Anyhow, thanks for your help and comments, and if ANYONE here can help me get on the phone with POF, I would GREATLY appreciate it.
I just want to talk to someone knowledgeable regarding the rifles, and a purchase.
I figure if a guy is going to drop $2400 bones, then a phone conversation isn't too much to ask for, eh?;)

vinesr6
05-24-07, 20:07
Call Chris, I've talked to him a few times and e-mailed with no problems. All returned within a few hours.

Patriot Ordnance Factory, Inc. (POF-USA)
www.POF-USA.com
sales@POF-USA.com
623-561-9572 wk
623-321-1680 fax

Razorhunter
05-24-07, 21:13
I've called for 4 days straight now. Left a voice mail, along with an email too.
I got an "automated response" to the email, stating that POF would get back to me in a "timely manner" (quote), and that still has not happened.
They are either out of town, or just do not care to speak with me in any kind of timely manner.
Man, it's a bummer when it's so hard to reach a company. Even when you finally DO reach them, it just makes you feel like they don't really care to talk to you. I'm hoping this does not turn out to be the case with POF... I was really looking forward to a purchase, and discussing said purchase over the phone with them first...

Dport
05-24-07, 21:34
It very well could be that they're on vacation. It is the week before Memorial Day and the summer travel season. IIRC, they're in AZ, so waiting to go on vacation may mean a lot hotter temps.

I'd give them a week or so to get back with you.

FJB
05-25-07, 00:44
I've called for 4 days straight now. Left a voice mail, along with an email too.
I got an "automated response" to the email, stating that POF would get back to me in a "timely manner" (quote), and that still has not happened.
They are either out of town, or just do not care to speak with me in any kind of timely manner.
Man, it's a bummer when it's so hard to reach a company. Even when you finally DO reach them, it just makes you feel like they don't really care to talk to you. I'm hoping this does not turn out to be the case with POF... I was really looking forward to a purchase, and discussing said purchase over the phone with them first...

Paul,
POF is a small company only about three years old and currently suffering from what happens when a young company begins enjoying some success. They are trying to control their growth to maintain QC, thus too much work and not enough people and time. Be patient, be persistent and you'll eventually get through. Vines6r's comments are all correct. The POF MRR will be the only rail system for future P415, P416, P308 for simplicity of manufacture to increase output. The POF front sight is removeable.

I don't work for POF, but I know the owner well and he does value his customers. I have shot several of the POF P308 16" carbines and liked them alot. I am not entirely warm to the MRR prefering a more standard rail system, but the MRR is a solid rail system allowing for great flexiability for mounting optics.

S/F