PDA

View Full Version : M&P pro 9mm for ccw

jmi786
06-01-10, 17:45
Anyone using their M&P pro 9mm for concealed carry?
Any input or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Joe

PRDATOR
06-01-10, 20:50
I know several guy's that are using the M&P pro for there main concealed carry gun. They are all using a IWB made from Kydex.

For the last year and a half or so I've been carrying a G34-35 and my 21 year old nephew just decided that a G34 would be his EDC.

So it can be done!!!!!

The one odd thing is as of late I've been carrying a 4th Gen G22 a bit lately and I use the holsters for the G34-35, they put the pressure point further down my leg, thus making them much more comfortable to were.

tampam4
06-01-10, 21:32
just by looking through the past 3 or 4 pages of threads on the handgun forum, and you will find many many answers to questions you maybe haven't even thought of yet. Using the search function is even better.;) Welcome to M4C.

orionz06
06-01-10, 22:11
Anyone using their M&P pro 9mm for concealed carry?
Any input or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,
Joe

short answer, yes, with an X300 in a Raven holster. Conceals with a tshirt OWB, getting ctac clips to run IWB.

Magsz
06-02-10, 11:30
If you can conceal a full size service handgun frame on your body then you're good to go.

The extra three quarters of an inch does nothing to hinder concealability.

Its mostly the length of the grip that determines whether or not a pistol will be concealable.

tr1kstanc3
06-02-10, 14:07
Since I am a thin build I can only carry it OWB with a TLR-2 in a Raven Concealment holster if I am wearing a jacket. Otherwise, the grip length is too long for me. The length is not the detrimental/determining factor.

John_Wayne777
06-02-10, 14:48
I'm not a fan of the sights on the Pro for concealed carry, as fiber sights tend to be rather fragile and they aren't useful in low light. I prefer tritium sights. The longer slide of the Pro complicates the process of finding the right replacement sights as well as getting holsters, since most are tailored for the standard length guns. Since the .45's are basically the same dimensions you should be able to order holsters for one of the .45's and use it with the Pro.

Other than that, it should be fine as a carry gun.

Omega Man
06-02-10, 14:52
There is also the option of getting a Pro with the 4.25 inch barrel. This version also comes with night sights.

Magsz
06-02-10, 16:57
I'm not a fan of the sights on the Pro for concealed carry, as fiber sights tend to be rather fragile and they aren't useful in low light. I prefer tritium sights. The longer slide of the Pro complicates the process of finding the right replacement sights as well as getting holsters, since most are tailored for the standard length guns. Since the .45's are basically the same dimensions you should be able to order holsters for one of the .45's and use it with the Pro.

Other than that, it should be fine as a carry gun.

If you're ordering kydex holsters i do not believe that will work. The profile, ie width of the slide is different on the 9mm pro models. Its thinner than even the 4.25 inch gun. The pistol may wiggle in the holster and not be retained completely.