PDA

View Full Version : Why do people constantly think Colt is the best???

uaheclipse24
06-01-10, 21:35
Ok, I know i dont have many posts on here, but i have a crap load on ar15.com and have had AR's for about 5 years now. So my main point of this thread is to ask why do most people think Colt is the best? When it is clearly not even in the top 8? Ive personally owned a Colt so i can comment on its quality compaired to others. It doesnt even come close to some other Ar companies. Yet, everytime im at a gun show people are always asking for Colts and prices are just rediculous. For the $1200 price point there are many other options out there. Yes, you can build your own and blow the colt out of the water,but im talking stock guns. Look at KAC, LMT, POF, Wilson Combat, BCM, Daniel Defense, Noveske, and Sabre. All these companies make better guns than Colt, in my own opinion and yes many of them are also more expensive but you pay for better quality. Look at a LMT for example. It has no wiggle in the stock, because it comes with mil spec tube, colts have a wiggle. better LPK, no creap in trigger, better finish on lower and upper, better charging handle, ergo grip, and personally better barrel. All for the same price as a colt. Colts customer service also SUCKS compaired to these companies. So i ask again, why do a lot of people think Colt is the best?

Heavy Metal
06-01-10, 21:42
You really think the POF and the Wilson Combat are better guns?

What experience do you base your conclusion on?

SHIVAN
06-01-10, 21:45
I'm just going to lock this one for "baiting" as it stinks to high heaven.

Buck
06-01-10, 21:48
Consistently over the years Colt has turned out a very high quality product. It is a lot harder to make a AR machine gun that runs reliably, than it is to make a semi auto carbine that does. In one month Colt Defense produces more M4A1 carbines for Government contracts that several manufacturers make semi auto rifles in an entire year… The quality and testing of the parts used, combined with the technical knowledge and experience on the production line that assembles them makes Colt the standard that other are judged by…

Many people say my (insert name here) is as good as a Colt, but I have never heard anyone say my Colt is as good as (Pick the brand)…

B