PDA

View Full Version : P30 V3 to V4?

Entropy
06-02-10, 07:43
For you P30 nuts out there, is it possible to convert the P30 DA/SA to a LEM model? Thanks.

willowofwisp
06-02-10, 08:38
I would check out Hkpro.com they have a few walk thru's on there..I know it is possible but you will be left with the gap in the back of the frame where the decocker once was..also Hk will not do this conversion for you so you must do it yourself or someone you know

gtmtnbiker98
06-02-10, 09:44
It would be a V3 to a V2 and yes, it is "possible" but the factory does not support it nor will they do it. After the conversion, many leave the decocker pad in place as to avoid the gaping hole at the rear of the frame.

The best option would be to just by and LEM P30 and avoid the unsupported conversion. TGS has both models in stock in both 9mm and .40 S&W and they are the same price.

Entropy
06-02-10, 10:53
Thanks. What do you guys think of the LEM in comparison to DA/SA? I've used DA/SA Sigs on duty for years, as well as DA/SA H&Ks, however I'm always on the lookout for something better.

gtmtnbiker98
06-02-10, 11:26
The question is, what are you using now and what will be the intended purpose of the new P30? That should drive your decision more than our opinions.

I owned a P2000 V2 .40 S&W while all of my other HKs were DA/SA ranging from V1 (HK45 and USPc) to V3 (P2000, P30, P30L, and P2000SK). For me, it was too much of an odd ball to keep around, since all of my other pistols were TDA. I prefer a consistent manual of arms throughout, so I sold my sole LEM for another P30S .40 S&W.

If you are willing to dedicate the necessary time and money to gain proficiency with the LEM, then by all means, try it. But I wouldn't (personally) mix it in to a DA/SA mindset if you own other DA/SA firearms. The LEM is every bit as quick as DA/SA once you learn the reset and the LEM system. For a long time I failed to believe that an LEM can run as fast as a SFA or DA/SA gun until I watched TLG run the FAST Test. It all boils down to proficiency with a chosen system.

With the exception of two J-frame S&W revolvers, all of my handguns are TDA HK pistols. Best of luck.