PDA

View Full Version : Glock 20SF

Robb Jensen
05-23-07, 08:24
We got a shipment of Glock 20 mags yesterday and they all have the ambi mag catch notch just like the 21SF mags. Glock won't confirm nor deny that they'll be making a 20SF.

Let's just say that my standard OD Glock 20 w/Trijicons is going on consignment today! ;)

tikkafan
05-23-07, 11:58
I've always wanted a 10mm pistol. But all the options just didn't seem right. Either too wide, too heavy, too expensive etc...

This pistol sounds like a winner.

trio
05-23-07, 22:50
Im really liking my G21SF but so long as 10mm ammo is double the cost of .45 (10 bucks at walmart for CCI Brass Blazer .45, 20 bucks is about the best I have seen for 10mm aluminum cased) I am going to stay out of the 10mm field....

I loved shooting the G20 I had, but not twice as much as any of my .45s, or 4x as much as my 9mm

Robb Jensen
05-24-07, 19:20
Im really liking my G21SF but so long as 10mm ammo is double the cost of .45 (10 bucks at walmart for CCI Brass Blazer .45, 20 bucks is about the best I have seen for 10mm aluminum cased) I am going to stay out of the 10mm field....

I loved shooting the G20 I had, but not twice as much as any of my .45s, or 4x as much as my 9mm

Yes because of the price of 10mm and .357SIG I don't shoot my Glock 20, 31 and 32 very often (even if getting the ammo at cost). I do however carry a 10mm with me when deer hunting. I do plan on taking a deer with it when given the chance. The Buffalo Bore 180gr Gold Dots doing 1350fps should do the job nicely.

rob_s
05-24-07, 19:43
Interesting.

If I get back into the plastic-fantastic I may have to look into one of these as a backup when boar hunting. I'm not sure I'd want to shoot a boar with a 9mm.

olds442tyguy
05-29-07, 15:09
There's a guy on GlockTalk over in Europe who says his gunshop had just received a bunch of 17 and 19 mags with ambidextrious mag catch cuts. He goes on to say that they won't be SF models, they'll just be ambidextrious.

I just wish Glock would make a 4" barreled 45ACP along the lines of the 21SF concept in a 19 sized package.

Reyn
05-31-07, 22:37
I'll buy one to go with the black G20C and ODG20 i already have.

FNCFAN
03-30-08, 09:17
Yeah, I like my 3 .45s, my G23, all my nines, but being a .41 mag fan makes me drool to have 15+ rds of 10mm for a carry or vehicle gun. Wouldn't be a bad choice to hunt with either. I used my G23 for a "coup-de-grace" shot on a deer a couple of years ago. (wished I'd replaced my Black Talon first...) I'll take a SF 10mm, but the std frame is just a bit too much.......I notice they are making mags for them though.......

Spooky130
03-30-08, 20:22
There's a guy on GlockTalk over in Europe who says his gunshop had just received a bunch of 17 and 19 mags with ambidextrious mag catch cuts. He goes on to say that they won't be SF models, they'll just be ambidextrious.

I just wish Glock would make a 4" barreled 45ACP along the lines of the 21SF concept in a 19 sized package.

I was at a Larry Vicker's pistol class this weekend and someone had G17 mags with the SF style cuts. They were saying that Glock is going to incorporate the SF style mag release on all their pistols. These mags are probably not specifically for a G20SF but for the standard G20 with ambi-release...

Spooky

Robb Jensen
03-30-08, 20:35
I was at a Larry Vicker's pistol class this weekend and someone had G17 mags with the SF style cuts. They were saying that Glock is going to incorporate the SF style mag release on all their pistols. These mags are probably not specifically for a G20SF but for the standard G20 with ambi-release...

Spooky

Possibly but not very probable since the G20 and G21 use 100% identical frames and lower parts. I can't see Glock making a ambi-mag catch frame for the G20 and not just using the same frame that the G21SF uses to achieve it.

Spooky130
03-31-08, 20:26
Possibly but not very probable since the G20 and G21 use 100% identical frames and lower parts. I can't see Glock making a ambi-mag catch frame for the G20 and not just using the same frame that the G21SF uses to achieve it.

So you're saying that the frames are the same and it is possible to use a G21SF frame with a 10mm upper? Sounds interesting but I think I might be reading too much into it...

Spooky

Don Robison
03-31-08, 20:34
So you're saying that the frames are the same and it is possible to use a G21SF frame with a 10mm upper? Sounds interesting but I think I might be reading too much into it...

Spooky

Swap the ejector to a 10mm one and swap the G20 slide group over and you will have you a 20SF.

Evan_O
04-01-08, 23:57
Take it for what it's worth (and it's free) but I spoke with my LE rep a few weeks ago regarding the cut in the new G17 mags we received. He said that the G17/22 SF is coming. His reasoning for the mags is that over seas ambi's are more popular than here in the States. To stream line and make only one style mag is easier so that is what Glock is doing, that and he feels later down the road the ambi may be released here in the States. He was very certain that the SF would be realesed in a G17/22 and later in almost all of the models.

He said the 21/30 SF is selling so well they will continue with other models. He also said that the majority of the sells for these two models in the States have been without the ambi though, thus why ambi's will be later...

So if it never happens I wasted a few minutes of my life typing this, but if my information is correct, and I believe it is, this gives all of us "hump haters" something to look forward to. While the backstrap will always have the hump, it should be much smaller.

Robb Jensen
04-02-08, 07:18

Spooky

Yes.

If you own a G21SF and a G20 you can use you're entire G20 upper on the G21SF lower. If your G21SF has the ambi mag catch you will need the newest G20 mags which have the ambi and standard mag catch cuts.