PDA

View Full Version : London Bridge Trading Gear

Kchen986
06-02-10, 13:24
Anyone have a lot of experience with their gear? I've been looking at their PC (6094A), and their CASS.

http://webgear.londonbridgetrading.com/m1webgear/ProductDetails.aspx?PartUniqueID=5C291E5C-902F-4BE5-8FDA-5BAB6CF84C47

http://www.adsinc.com/lbt-plate-carrier-cass-lbt-2711

Any experience with the CASS?

Thanks,
-K

*ETA:* Looks like the 6094A doesn't fit standard cut plates and the 6094M is the way to go. Anyone know where to source one?

sadmin
06-02-10, 13:59
pm kyle defoor, he may know.
http://www.kyledefoor.com/2010/05/london-bridge-trading-lbt_11.html

ST911
06-02-10, 16:22
Anyone have a lot of experience with their gear? I've been looking at their PC (6094A), and their CASS.

No experience with those particular p/ns, but plenty of other LBT gear has been outstanding for me. Recommended.

falightfighter
06-02-10, 18:48
I've owned their Devil Jumpable Assault Pack for almost 6 years, and jumped a unit one a couple of times before that. I've used it down range on 3 deployments, and never had any issues. Its well made and durable.

I've heard that they are overpriced, and that they will undercut their retailers (Lightfighter stopped carrying them at the Fayettevill store [before it went under] for this reason), if that is important to you.

Andy0331
06-03-10, 01:50
I've been using LBT gear since '94. My first order with them was a custom item based off something I saw in the Eagle catalog that Eagle didn't have in stock and didn't expect to produce for months. LBT stepped up and made a comparable item, with their own improvements in about 2 weeks. Needless to say, I was pleased.

The gear is bombproof and well thought out. I haven't ordered from them in a few years, and I'm sure they don't do "one off" items for a single customer anymore, but they used to have a pretty substantial mil discount and their customer service was always top notch.

Kyle Defoor
06-03-10, 06:17
To me LBT is the only nylon/gear company, especially since Eagle went to Dominican Republic recently. I just don't comprehend sending business overseas for a weaker product. Even if the product was equal quality, I personally would pay more to support the U.S. economy.

LBT uses higher quality materials, some of which other gear manufacturers CAN'T use, and in other cases won't use because of price. It's 100% made in VA Beach, so it employs hundreds of Americans. They also will stand behind everything.

They will make a 6094 for whatever plate you want, you'll just have to pay for it. Most of the plate carriers are for "swimmer cut" plates, which if you can get, are way more comfortable than anything else and make shouldering the weapon easier.

email me if you want a contact there.

Kyle

Redhat
06-03-10, 07:02
Interesting choice of name for a company in VA. Wonder how that came about?

mark5pt56
06-03-10, 07:04
LBT is a first rate company. The gear they make is for a purpose for the units that use it. They just don't make a piece to sell, that "piece" was made because X unit came in and said this is what we want and have input to tailor it to individual needs.

If you local guys can go by or even catch the show, the owner is usually there and is great to speak with.

mark5pt56
06-03-10, 07:06
Interesting choice of name for a company in VA. Wonder hoe that came about?

They are on London Bridge Road--Started out there years ago, was on Bonney, then VBB, and finally back home in a state of the art facility.

I have gear with the 804 area code on it!

ST911
06-03-10, 16:59
I haven't ordered from them in a few years, and I'm sure they don't do "one off" items for a single customer anymore, but they used to have a pretty substantial mil discount and their customer service was always top notch.

With a couple of projects, they were much more willing to do very small quantity custom jobs than many other manufacturers.

endeavor
06-05-10, 16:47
I actually own a few pieces of london bridge trading gear and their stuff is top notch. A little pricey but worth it. if you look on ebay LBT will occasionally sell over runs there, they have their own ebay store.
They do a lot of the smaller high end contracts for the military, they did some stuff for the navy boat crews for awhile. I have heard they do a lot of stuff for the east coast seal teams due to their location.

kary

SpartanDCI
06-06-10, 22:13
I have to whole Heartedly agree that LBT makes great stuff.

I am an old timer (Ex Fed and Corporate Security Type). I have been buying from LBT since 1988, and some of my gear is still running strong.

I did have to have a Rigger Belt reworked since the Velcro pile finally gave up the ghost....but as always, they have a new type rigger belt....that I was given as a free exchange since mine was over 20 years old. Had the old Rigger belt reworked by Vel Tye since it had sentimental value.

The LBT CASS system is a neat idea to keep the weight of a fully loaded 6094 plate carrier with all combat accessories off your shoulders and mid back. Most all of the weight is carried on your hips and across your strongest muscles.....The only problem will be to make sure you measure your vest and upper torso correctly so the Polycarbonate spacer attached to your Padded Tactical belt keeps the load properly distanced on your body frame. Check out the LBT Web site since the ADS company has a Youtube video showing the system.

I have used CASS and it is nice for a full Protech Level 4 plate system, combat load of 300+ rounds, spare pistol mags, two 27 oz hydration bladders, lights, radios, batteries etc.

It is not really designed for an Assualter using the LBT 6094A or B Slick, which is a better rig in my opinion......but not really designed for a standard troop. ( I am not an Assaulter, I do PSD work & prefer the SLICK or Vel Tye Hugger).

K.D. is right on the money about the swimmer plate being the best for comfort and practicality with a shooter in mind, but the Swimmer cut plates were designed specifically for one of his old commands, along with the LBT Slick.

If you are running an ESAPI plate, make sure you get the LBT 6094 for the Esapi plate. The standard LBT plate carriers are for the Protech rifle plates....now Safariland. Some of the Protective Products Polyethylene rifle plates will also fit, but just let the LBT sales person know what you have and they will hook you up. Remember, the plate carriers are sized for the plates, not the person wearing them. If you need a much larger side plate wrap, LBT makes them for larger people.

LBT's retail operation offers a 30% discount for Active Military, and they have discounts for Police & Feds. Government contractors with active USG ID get a discount also.

You can not get the DG Slick with internal magazine compartments, but you can get a standard Slick and complement it with any brand of Rhodie chest vest or the LBT 1961A-R CHest vest with Hydropack set. It is a more comfortable plate carrier, just no MOLLE Pals.

LBT also has a Warfighter system that combines all the DG MLCS pouch and MOLLE carry system with a plate system.....it can get a little pricey, but it is first rate. I use it in Multicam, but that is my requirement. They usually have the Multicam and Coyote Tan in stock.

If you give LBT a call during normal business hours, and they will give you the measurements on the CASS system for your size.

You will need to let them know your body type, weight, height, distance from your natural belt line to the top of your shoulder line.

There are a ton of LBT pouches, vests & plate carriers that are never seen or offered for sale outside of Special Ops or the Feds......it is a shame, since some of them are really innovative and well made. They really do build to spec on a lot of their stuff, but I have been lucky in that I can pick it up since I am local to LBT.

They are also one of the only large manufacturers who still do great custom work, i.e. basic Ghillie suits, BDU recuts & tailoring and heavy & light Drag bags in stock. Most custom work is taking 4-6 weeks depending on materials, color & quantity. Eagle has had my order for 8 weeks & Vel Tye made me some great gear (Hugger plate carrier) in 6 weeks.

I do not think you can go wrong with LBT gear, and you can often find some of the Coyote Brown and Olive Drab (actually smoke/Ranger Green) gear on sale for really deep discounts. It really depends on your needs and your pocket book.

LBT is one of the manufacturers that are in so much demand that even their used gear is getting big bucks on the secondary market from gear collectors. You never really lose with them.

Good gear isn't cheap, and some of their gear is really a bargain when you look at how well they are made.

Hope it helps,

Frank

Impact
06-06-10, 22:58
any feedback on ordering through their website ? thanks.

SpartanDCI
06-07-10, 13:12
It is usually best to call LBT first to see if they have the item you want or see on the website in stock. The old LBT system used to show how many items were in stock, but no longer. If you order it online and it is backordered, you are really no better than just calling them and get the straight skinny.

LBT is working several large military orders for the Navy, SOCOM and Homeland Security, so some items may be in short supply. I know they had some CASS systems in stock, but I think only in Multicam and Coyota Tan.

If they have it, you can get a quote from them, or order from their website and get the 25% discount.

You can also call the Techs at KARDA Systems (757 498-0207 ext 412), who run LBT's retail storefront. They will also check the LBT system for availability and quote you. If you are Gov.t or military you get 30% discount from them too.

If you are Police or Military you can also check with ADS Inc, as they stock all of the LBT Military lines and can give you a quote.

If you are a contractor or just a gear guy, I would check with KARDA first.

Note, I am not affiliated with LBT or KARDA. Just trying to make it easier to get the gear or the best deal.

Good luck to you,

GreenTip556
06-09-10, 03:22
To me LBT is the only nylon/gear company, especially since Eagle went to Dominican Republic recently. I just don't comprehend sending business overseas for a weaker product. Even if the product was equal quality, I personally would pay more to support the U.S. economy.

LBT uses higher quality materials, some of which other gear manufacturers CAN'T use, and in other cases won't use because of price. It's 100% made in VA Beach, so it employs hundreds of Americans. They also will stand behind everything.

They will make a 6094 for whatever plate you want, you'll just have to pay for it. Most of the plate carriers are for "swimmer cut" plates, which if you can get, are way more comfortable than anything else and make shouldering the weapon easier.

email me if you want a contact there.

Kyle

I've been hearing rumors that LBT has been farming out partial production to Mexico using NAFTA loopholes to say it's Berry Compliant, anybody know anything on this?

As for the 6094a and it's varients, they are a really great balance for freedom of movement, comfortable snug fit, and good MOLLE real-estate. Only downside is there's a downside with soft armor. I think MSA makes plate backers now with warranty but I had to bring my old soft cut armor and have them cut it down at $25 a panel, thus voiding the warranty. If you have stand alone plates it's not a big deal though. They work best with the Swimmer cut plates (I've been told that's what they are designed around) but will work with SAPIs probably just as good.

V/R
GT556

SpartanDCI
06-09-10, 09:13
OK, here is my perspective and investigation on this.

1. LBT does not farm out work to Mexico or out of CONUS work locations. They are fully Berry compliant, unlike Brand B or whomever.

They have satellite US locations in West Virginia and in El Paso (El Norte not Old Mexico) to stitch specific products. I am pretty sure that only the Virginia Beach locations is stitching the LBT6094 series stuff since all of the Multicam, AOR1 and USMC fabric is on this end of the USA. The other issue not known outside of the G is that Miltary and Government inspectors check all of LBT's lines since the contracts are often issued directly as sole source......basically they have to jump through extra hoops to certify the products as waterpoof of mission capable.....just like many of their client commands have to do.

As for your soft armor applications. LBT has some prototype combination hard and soft armor packs. See it as a combination low vis 6094Slick withsoft armor (level 3) carrier. They are comfortable and nice, but I would suggest an alternative........

I suggest you look at either the Vel Tye Hugger......which can be custom for any cut hard plate and any cut soft armor. It is a custom proposition as they make gear for a lot of military commands and the Fed here in Virginia. They can also add MOLLE PALS wherever you want. They also make a nice single point sling and their Lo Vis mag pouches are very nice if you have the Hugger vest. Just Google "VelTye"

Also, Eagle has a lo vis vest that is soft armor and hard armor capable. It doesn't have MOLLE PALS but it is very well thought out and comfortable. A buddy of mine in DEA runs with one in Multicam, but I know he has bought them in Coyote Tan also.

I would not recommend cutting your soft armor panels, one since it does void any warranty and it drops your effectiveness on stopping secondary frag or projos not stopped by your primary plate. In this case, I would have to recommend an alternate manufacturer. Eagle and Veltye have the combination carriers, and I can recommend both from personal experience. They are also approved by NavSpecWar, EOD and Riverine for issue, and as long as you do not need flotation capability (you can always add a Mustang float) over water or quick release.......these work well.

PM me if you need to find anyone with them in stock.

Frank

GreenTip556
06-09-10, 10:43
Gotcha, thanks for the clarification on the Berry amendment thing. I guess the rumor was based on their out-sourced airsoft/more commercial line and the fact that their sewing place is so close to Mexico. Glad to hear some people still keep jobs in America!

I actually have a Vel-Tye Hugger and Prefer it to the LBT 6094. I just didn't want to seem biased as Steve and Harvey at Vel-Tye are personal friends of mine. the Hugger can utilize existing armor systems as it is custom made to the individual's taste and they won't charge you a $200 blueprinting fee+labor+materials+item cost fee to have it done. T

The slick version of the 6094a to me seems more tailored to Jumpers and PSD types than other operators (it works with a chest rig but the padding on the shoulders and way the plate is positioned makes it awkward. At least for me). Vel-Tye will put as much or as little MOLLE or PALS webbing on as you want. The Low-Vis pouch is second to none IMO. It has all the benefits of a chest rig and none of the downfalls such as your gear slopping around your chest and swinging around during dynamic or "oh crap!" movements. It's securely velcro-ed to your armor so when you move, your gear moves WITH you not AFTER you.

Another benefit of a Vel-Tye Hugger is they will make it out of 1000D Cordura whereas LBT will generally be using 500D for their stock and contract items on average as recent solicitations are making it a requirement that way SOCOM can justify it as a consumable so it comes out of a different pot of money and they reduce the need recycle gear on multiple deployments. sometimes government requirements arn't always better as 500D will literally double the speed plates will start to sag, stitching will come undone, and pouches and other pieces of kit will be all over the place.

As for the sole source contracts, I thought they got their contract with DEVGRU through open solicitation. I didn't know that still qualified as Sole Source (I always thought that Sole Source meant it was a no-competition/no-bid contract for a specific item from a specific company).

All that said the 6094a platform does offer some really good benefits as far as range of motion and breath-ability under the arms. The interior padding and huge shoulder pads make it great for humping heavy crap. the kangaroo pouch makes it modular enough that almost any operator/user can find a use for it (although the velcro is a little overzealous and tough to open) whether it's for holding a sidearm in situations you're waist deep in water with the holster adapter, extra mag inserts for an assaulter/cbq guy, and I've even seen some EOD guys on SOF support mission haul some gear in those things.

All in all I find that both are really great products, it just depends on your application. I'd say on average though, you'd get more for our money with a Vel-Tye Hugger unless you needed the 6094 for a specific application or were willing to spend the money to make the changes and get the additions you need.

V/R
GT556

PS: I mentioned the armor cutting because at the time I had my plate backers made it was all they offered to non-Tier 1/T & E personnel.

SpartanDCI
06-09-10, 13:13
Roger that on your last.

I like the VelTye Hugger for most applications where I need both hard armor and soft wrap armor. I run full MOLLE PALS with Veltye and the Hugger. It is a great Combat Zone piece of kit or if you are in a convoy or full Combat support Team running a SAW/240B or N or M4 with a 40. It offers a lot of versatility and the price is right. It is just hard to get them in less than 60 days........I just wish they were still in the old "Extreme" shop, where they had some more room....and could have had more exposure......

LBT will make the SLICK out of 1000D, it is just that you can't get Multicam in anything over 500D. I run a reinforced plate carrier in Slick form and with enhanced side plate panels with 3 M4 pouches integral in each side. It is an enhanced DG style and it is pretty comfortable and very sturdy. I modified mine with the 6094B plate shoulder pads and I added two hangers for my Veltye Hugger for more mags and a NOD pouch. I run 27 oz Hydration in a LBT insulated pack on the back with a MOJO med pouch at my spine panel. It is light, but I do not have to hump a lot of gear in what I do. With the LBT and VelTye combo, I can carry a full load of 5.56 + 3 extra mags that usually get carried in the vehicle in a scram bag with SAW boxes for the Mk46.

LBT has tons of contracts, some of which are competitive and sole source. Some particular commands run sole source because of the applications. There are also some LBE and Armor carriage systems being made for BaE and other companies that I have never even heard before......the latest USMC contracts come to mind.

It is in my mind like Cars, Women and Guns........what I like and use will be different than what you like & use.

Ford, Chevy or Porsche.........SIG, H&K or Glock, etc....I prefer redheads, but I'm like that.

LBT and Veltye work for me, but I also have been issued the Eagle Lo Vis Wrap around carrier carried by SKD tactical, which is also a good buy....and it is normally in stock ready to go. I like what works most of all. I just do not normally need 1000D in all my gear. 500D works fine for a plate carrier and I run Polyethylene and steel plates. I never had a blow out yet with my LBT carriers. I do not particularly care for the LBT 1961A-R kits, but I really like the LBT 1961G in 1000D..............only difference is what it is made of/can take float bladders and the A-R kit has two types of back pack hydrations kits......

You pays your money and makes your choice.

I would like to see Vel Tye out in the market in larger quantities, because it is such a good piece of gear and when you look at how they are made........you can see that it is above first rate. They are really the only custom fabricator on the east coast that makes tier 1 style gear at an affordable price.

There are a lot of part timers, and folks that just do work for specific commands......and they are not as versatile as Vel Tye (not to ake away from the part timers).

Josh-L
06-09-10, 16:39
If anyone gets one of the new riggers belts that does not have the metal triangle on it like the one posted on Kyle's blog let me know. I thought I had ordered one and they sent me the old style with metal ring. I called back and they said they didn't make such belt had no clue what I was talking about or who Kyle Defoor was when I said it was on his blog.

SpartanDCI
06-09-10, 16:51
The new belt you describe is the LBT-6012F. It only comes in size large - for 38" to 43" waists. It would then be a LBT-6012F-L model.

They are extreme in being nice and sturdy. Kyle must have been hooked up with the Special Ops Manager. I have only seen them in Olive Drab and AOR1 Desert Digital for SpecWar (which is a restricted pattern with all manufacturers by Navy contract).

I would call the Karda Guys that run the LBT Storefront to see if they are any for sale in the system. They will make them if you want, but just see if any are there. They will not sell the AOR1 style to you unless you are Navy Special Warfare affiliated. The other colors are kosher for anyone.

Just so you know, they were designed as an enhanced rigger resacue belt. They are lighter, as strong or stonger than the standard issue belt......but if you are going to use them as a standard belt, you might want to stay with the standard rigger belt. They are usually used with a padded war belt or armor belt over the top of it, so the nylon reinforced loop does not get caught on day to day items like dresser drawer pulls, milling machine controls or your 4 year old!

They are a great belt, and you can see them on the LBT website that was upgraded by ADS Tactical. Just click on the miscellaneous gear tab.

If you call LBT, make sure you use the LBT code listed above. Not all the folks there are duked in to the new belt. Kyle is in the loop because of his work with Specwar, and the person who designed it was at Kyle's command back in the day. I would identify him, but I want to save him from getting all those phone calls. He has a lot of stuff on the drawing board that is HSLD.

A lot of the people who answer the phones and even stitch the gear are not into who use the gear or even know Kyle, Larry V or the various professional shooters around. The people in the design shop are former SpecWar, Army, Air Force and USMC. I have never met a Coastie there, but I have seen stuff designed and tested by them.

Best to call the Karda Tactical guys, they are co-located there at LBT and they run the LBT retail store. They can check the availability on the items not listed on LBT's Web site. They can usually match or better the LBT programmed discount depending who and where you are. You input on the new rigger belt is well before LBT has even started publishing onfo about it. So hang in there if you want one. I have one and like it a lot, but I also keep a spare in my backpack.

Frank

Josh-L
06-10-10, 17:51
Cool thanks for the info.

Cold Zero
06-11-10, 05:52
Can anyone confirm that Eagle is now making thier stuff in the Dominican Republic.

rob_s
06-11-10, 06:05
Can anyone confirm that Eagle is now making thier stuff in the Dominican Republic.

Google gave me this (http://www.eagleindustries.com/pages.php?pageid=1).

Eagle is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri with additional facilities in Lares, Puerto Rico, Mayaguez, Puerto Rico, and the Dominican Republic.

Cold Zero
06-11-10, 06:30
Thanks. I don't know that really answers the question. These days it is hard to get a straight answer to a simple question.

Call me old fashioned, I just like a tag that says " Made in ------ "

rob_s
06-11-10, 07:15
I think it answers the question brilliantly given the factors that you mention. If a company can't answer a question directly...

I haven't bought any Eagle gear in awhile so I can't say what their label says these days.

VooDoo6Actual
06-11-10, 07:37
Interesting read gents.

Following the logic applied, would it change things in your opinions/beliefs if the product was made in China but not disclosed by the company ?

Cold Zero
06-11-10, 07:41
uh, yes it would. :eek:

ST911
06-11-10, 13:39
In posts here and elsewhere, Ben L posted more detail. What I remember of it off hand is that the LE line production moved offshore to the DR, but QC was still stringent and quality would not suffer.

Pieces purchased since have been GTG and typically Eagle. I don't remember what the tags say but I'll go look later.

SpartanDCI
06-11-10, 17:10
To Josh-L.

RE: New LBT rigger belt.

My Bud went by the LBT Store today and did an eyeball check. He said that lBT has a good inventory of the new Rigger belt in Black, OD and Tan in Medium and Large sizes. They may have XL, but he did not check as he was picking up an order going to FLETC in Georgia.

He picked up a Black Rigger belt for me in Medium and from the pic he just emailed me I will like it a lot. I will try and link a photo for you.

Just Call SAM at LBT at the number listed above. He is there until 7 pm today. Normal hours are 12PM to 7 or 8 PM Eastern. There is some one there over the weekend who can hook you up, just best to deal with SAM since he says he knows the entire product line and check for availability. He is in house at LBT, so he can pull the product too.

Cheers and keep your powder dry.....

eva05
06-12-10, 14:53
I haven't bought any Eagle gear in awhile so I can't say what their label says these days.

I recently got one of their A-III assault packs and the label says "Made in the Dominican Republic".

j

desert
06-30-10, 23:18
the rumor was based on their out-sourced airsoft/more commercial line

Maybe the OP would like to also know, how do you tell the difference between the LBT Airsoft line and Military? Are the Airsoft items those outsourced, if yes, how is the tag or model #, if any, different?

As to LBT Military line, if you are referring to the items LBT sells that are not shown on the public website, I get your meaning.

In case you or anyone else reading this knows, I also asked a similar question to the gear experts here about Eagle at the link below, thanks

Eagle commercial, Eagle Military Contract & Allied Ind, how to tell the difference?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=694298#post694298

ST911
07-01-10, 09:37
Maybe the OP would like to also know, how do you tell the difference between the LBT Airsoft line and Military? Are the Airsoft items those outsourced, if yes, how is the tag or model #, if any, different?

As to LBT Military line, if you are referring to the items LBT sells that are not shown on the public website, I get your meaning.

LBT has an airsoft line? If so, yes, please advise how you tell the difference.

GroundLabTactical
07-04-10, 01:30
LBT is good to go they make amazing stuff.

M4Guru
07-04-10, 07:22
It's not an airsoft line, it's an offshore branch that makes stuff that does not need to be Berry compliant for foreign sales.

http://soldiersystems.net/2008/05/22/the-true-north-tactical-story/

k9barco
07-05-10, 16:54
I have a LBT jumpable pack that is set up for a medical bag. It is well buildt and has several compartments. I bought it used on CL and had to wash it as it had been to Iraq and was a little dirty, but it cleaned up well. My pack is made in the USA.