PDA

View Full Version : Sighted! Mall ninjas in the wild!

Pages : [1] 2

Littlelebowski
06-03-10, 08:38
Or the GandRTactical corporate shooting team (joke, already warned Grant about this!) :D

This is from a campout in VA. I find it absolutely hilarious that kittyhawk showed up in a Hawaiian shirt and outshot these yahoos. As did everybody else we were there with.....

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/DSCN0466.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/DSCN0467.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h251/baxshep/DSCN0468.jpg

QuietShootr
06-03-10, 09:22
Jesus H. Christ on a pancake.

SHIVAN
06-03-10, 09:25
These guys were just there, not a part of the festivities?

{keanu reeves}Whooooa.....{/keanu reeves}

Littlelebowski
06-03-10, 09:29
They just rolled up in a Jeep. Note the sternum mounted Rambo knife. There was also a sternum mounted flashlight.

We decided to leave once these clownshoes showed up but not without a display of superior firepower. I rocked and rolled with my FAL :D

QuietShootr
06-03-10, 09:30
They just rolled up in a Jeep. Note the sternum mounted Rambo knife. There was also a sternum mounted flashlight.

We decided to leave once these clownshoes showed up but not without a display of superior firepower. I rocked and rolled with my FAL :D

Let me guess: Top off, rucks hung from the outside of the roll bar?

Littlelebowski
06-03-10, 09:31
Not that I remember.... Wouldn't be surprised though.

Oscar 319
06-03-10, 09:36

And then some......

SHIVAN
06-03-10, 09:36
Yikes.

Smuckatelli
06-03-10, 09:37
The guy with the hat was at the Izaac Walton range last Sunday. He was yelling at a young teenager (I'm guessing his son) because he wasn't showing the 'proper attitude' on the range. He threatened to make him pay for the ammo.

He was walking around the range with a tac sling on that rifle, pistol in the small of his back.....he was ready for bear.

Littlelebowski
06-03-10, 09:38
The guy with the hat was at the Izaac Walton range last Sunday. He was yelling at a young teenager (I'm guessing his son) because he wasn't showing the 'proper attitude' on the range. He threatened to make him pay for the ammo.

He was walking around the range with a tac sling on that rifle, pistol in the small of his back.....he was ready for bear.

No vest with Rambo knife on his sternum?!

Smuckatelli
06-03-10, 09:51
No vest with Rambo knife on his sternum?!

Vest yes but no Rambo knife.

I didn't look much better. I drove up in my Brady Bunch Volvo Wagon, torn bluejeans, t-shirt, desert boots, my rifle, and a CZ-452.

I was there to check out the CZ-452 (22lr) at 100 yards before I let my 6 & 8 year olds shoot at that distance. I took my rifle out there to plink inbetween groupings with the 22lr.

I ran some targets out to 100 yards, popped into a kneeling position and sent 30 rapid fire rounds down range using irons. No great groups but all hit in the black.

He left after that.

thopkins22
06-03-10, 09:59
I am LOVING the way he's chosen to utilize the AFG.:D

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-03-10, 10:03

Pancake is too manly and American.

Jesus H. Christ on a waffle.

Jesus H. Christ on a crepe.

A magwell grip and an AFG, with the AFG in a position that shows you have no clue how it was designed to be used. Light below the barrel and a C-more. Where these guys extras on the last Terminator movie? If I worked for Magpul I'd bitch slap these commandos and take back my stuff. Gotta love the raked back body position and the chicken wing arm position with the high butt stock position to get it above their plates. MI foreend on the near guy? XD Pistol? (Eh, I had one at one time, but I also didn't realize the Village People were gay when I was a kid and the homoerotic aspects of 'Top Gun' escaped me till someone pointed out that Kelly McGillis was just a fag-hag.)

This gentlemen is why we should not let former male models buy firearms.

Yep, that's about it. I think I'm done here.

d90king
06-03-10, 10:05
For the love of God what is wrong with people and why do firearms attract such douche bags?

Sadly this is the face of Americas gun owners portrayed by the left...

tampam4
06-03-10, 10:11
It is my dream to be one day as cool as these guys.

:D:eek:

ForTehNguyen
06-03-10, 10:12
For the love of God what is wrong with people and why do firearms attract such douche bags?

all hobbies attract douchebags

C4IGrant
06-03-10, 10:16
I like the new tactical wife beater shooting vest (with no shirt underneath).

The shiny Rambo knife is also a nice touch.

This is a prime example of why people should not teach themselves how to shoot and buy gear without supervision.

C4

d90king
06-03-10, 10:17

True to some extent, however when dealing with a "lethal" "hobby" one would hope that the possible consequences of their actions would help reduce the idiot factor.

Littlelebowski
06-03-10, 10:17
Matching shiny Rambo knives!

Smuckatelli
06-03-10, 10:20

Sadly this is the face of Americas gun owners portrayed by the left...

Bad news is that he works at a gun store.

I wish that I could remember the make of his rifle.....I asked him how he liked his furniture.....he said it was perfectly set up and that he got an enormous discount because he bought everything at the store where he works.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-03-10, 10:21
Matching shiny Rambo knives!

Uhm, and I don't think they are brothers. Wonder if it was a reciprical anniversary gift?

C4IGrant
06-03-10, 10:23

I wish that I could remember the make of his rifle.....I asked him how he liked his furniture.....he said it was perfectly set up and that he got an enormous discount because he bought everything at the store where he works.

This is why I tell people to NEVER get their gun/gear advice from a gun store (as it is generally the WORST place to get it). There are exceptions to the rule (like VA Arms where GOTM4 works).

C4

Smuckatelli
06-03-10, 10:23
I like the new tactical wife beater shooting vest (with no shirt underneath).

The shiny Rambo knife is also a nice touch.

This is a prime example of why people should not teach themselves how to shoot and buy gear without supervision.

C4

I'm taking a swag but he probably works at a gun store somewhere between Stafford and Fairfax.

Not Virginia Arms.

C4IGrant
06-03-10, 10:26
I'm taking a swag but he probably works at a gun store somewhere between Stafford and Fairfax.

Not Virginia Arms.

Ya, I never assumed that he worked at the same place as GOTM4 (as he would have killed him for being stupid).

C4

SHIVAN
06-03-10, 10:26

Which guy? Or both?

Sharpshooters? If so, the front guy does look familiar.

lethal dose
06-03-10, 10:27
Mmm... chicken wings... mmm...

Smuckatelli
06-03-10, 10:30
There are exceptions to the rule (like VA Arms where GOTM4 works).

C4

I don't think of them as a gun store....more of a place to facilitate my families marksmanship without having to listen to advice from Rambo.

Belmont31R
06-03-10, 10:32
Why are you guys making fun of me?

Those knives work pretty good for frog gigging and the random coon killin...:D

lethal dose
06-03-10, 10:33
This is why I tell people to NEVER get their gun/gear advice from a gun store (as it is generally the WORST place to get it). There are exceptions to the rule (like VA Arms where GOTM4 works).

C4

Come on, grant... you know you wanna say it... go ahead and plug g&r. :D

C4IGrant
06-03-10, 10:34
I don't think of them as a gun store....more of a place to facilitate my families marksmanship without having to listen to advice from Rambo.

Right. More like a learning center?

A good "learning center" should:

1. Ask the customer what the intended role is for the weapon (like varmint, target, defense, etc).
2. Ask the customer what their price range is (and stick to gear that fits in it).
3. Only stock quality guns and gear that will last and perform.
4. Offer advice on what works and what doesn't (if the customer asks for it).
5. Talks the customer out of stupid crap that is going to waste their money and not achieve any of their goals.

C4

Smuckatelli
06-03-10, 10:40
Which guy? Or both?

Sharpshooters? If so, the front guy does look familiar.

The guy with the hat, his first name is Paul. He was at the range berating a teenager when I showed up. I didn't check out his groups so I can't talk about his marksmanship.

I would like to say/dream, being the manly man that I am, when he saw me set up a target at 100 yards, empty a magazine in about a minute from the kneeling position and have all rounds in the black that I scared him away....

But alas...me thinks he was finishing up when I showed up.....:p

QuietShootr
06-03-10, 10:51
The guy with the hat, his first name is Paul. He was at the range berating a teenager when I showed up. I didn't check out his groups so I can't talk about his marksmanship.

I would like to say/dream, being the manly man that I am, when he saw me set up a target at 100 yards, empty a magazine in about a minute from the kneeling position and have all rounds in the black that I scared him away....

But alas...me thinks he was finishing up when I showed up.....:p

Paulie Bagadonuts?

I predict one of his buddies will email him a link to this thread, and we'll all get to see his "Combat Grimace" here in a few minutes.

Smuckatelli
06-03-10, 11:01

1. Ask the customer what the intended role is for the weapon (like varmint, target, defense, etc).
2. Ask the customer what their price range is (and stick to gear that fits in it).
5. Talks the customer out of stupid crap that is going to waste their money and not achieve any of their goals.

C4

Grant, I honestly think that they would do all 5 but I haven't really given them a chance to except for number 3, specific to that they are good to go.

I used them as the FFL for a 6721. I purchased a 6920 and a CZ-452 Scout from them. GotM4 corrected my daughter's RRA NMA4.

randolph
06-03-10, 11:12

A magwell grip and an AFG, with the AFG in a position that shows you have no clue how it was designed to be used. Light below the barrel and a C-more. Where these guys extras on the last Terminator movie? If I worked for Magpul I'd bitch slap these commandos and take back my stuff. Gotta love the raked back body position and the chicken wing arm position with the high butt stock position to get it above their plates. MI foreend on the near guy? XD Pistol? (Eh, I had one at one time, but I also didn't realize the Village People were gay when I was a kid and the homoerotic aspects of 'Top Gun' escaped me till someone pointed out that Kelly McGillis was just a fag-hag.)

this post is awesome, but the bold part is sig. material :D

Littlelebowski
06-03-10, 11:14

C4

And that's VA Arms.

Skyyr
06-03-10, 11:45
I'm probably going to be flamed for posting this, but I think it's important.

First off, yes, the two guys look like morons. They're definitely there to look cool and obviously have no idea how to use their equipment. HOWEVER...

We (as a country) are divided enough as it is on 2nd Amendment issues. Ostracizing these guys only thins our numbers even more. I'm not trying to play some bleeding heart role here, I just think it's important to avoid the mindset of poking fun simply for the sake of doing so. While it's functionally ridiculous that they're wearing tactical gear and rambo knives to a country shoot, some would argue semi-autos are just as ridiculous and unnecessary. In that light, I think we should simply smirk, try our best to educate people like that, and move on.

Trust me, I think they look worse than most low-budget action-film doubles, but it's their right to do so. If we keep the mentality that we can make fun of guys like this (who deep down are probably just there to have fun and look cool - something we all like to do), we'll go the way of countries like Great Britain, where gerrymandering of firearms groups evolved into the virtual banning of all firearms. If we don't simply accept them as uneducated but well-meaning firearms enthusiasts (and do our best to educate them), someone else will portray them as future psychotic killers who shouldn't have access to military-grade weaponry.

orionz06
06-03-10, 11:46
With the exception of sleeves, I do not see anywhere else for more black nylon...

Littlelebowski
06-03-10, 11:54
I'm probably going to be flamed for posting this, but I think it's important.

First off, yes, the two guys look like morons. They're definitely there to look cool and obviously have no idea how to use their equipment. HOWEVER...

We (as a country) are divided enough as it is on 2nd Amendment issues. Ostracizing these guys only thins our numbers even more. I'm not trying to play some bleeding heart role here, I just think it's important to avoid the mindset of poking fun simply for the sake of doing so. While it's functionally ridiculous that they're wearing tactical gear and rambo knives to a country shoot, some would argue semi-autos are just as ridiculous and unnecessary. In that light, I think we should simply smirk, try our best to educate people like that, and move on.

Trust me, I think they look worse than most low-budget action-film doubles, but it's their right to do so. If we keep the mentality that we can make fun of guys like this (who deep down are probably just there to have fun and look cool - something we all like to do), we'll go the way of countries like Great Britain, where gerrymandering of firearms groups evolved into the virtual banning of all firearms. If we don't simply accept them as uneducated but well-meaning firearms enthusiasts (and do our best to educate them), someone else will portray them as future psychotic killers who shouldn't have access to military-grade weaponry.

Disagree. I sincerely doubt that anyone here on this thread (and I know everybody from my group that was at the range that day would do the same!) would refuse to help these guys out with stance, shooting fundamentals, or anything else for that matter.

Gun owners shouldn't act like clowns. It hurts all of us. A little negative reinforcement with a strong dash of humor is not going to bring down the 2nd Amendment.

Irish
06-03-10, 11:57
And some of you wanted to do away with the GD section :D Even though it's a technical board I like a little humor to go with my research.

30 cal slut
06-03-10, 12:12
great pic lol

theblackknight
06-03-10, 12:15
OMG. what a bunch a sweethearts.

Im guessing when not on "Ops", choice of casual wear is lots of TapouT shirts as they jump down from a lifted Tacoma blaring Nickleback and AX7.

Dirk Williams
06-03-10, 12:50
Man you guys are brutal.

D Williams.

SHIVAN
06-03-10, 12:51
Target Indicator Black?

jklaughrey
06-03-10, 12:59
Now fellas I have a Gerber LHR but I only have that for camping and such. But sufficed to say these guys would have been better of with less gear and proper fundamentals. Then again"you can"t fix stupid".

subzero
06-03-10, 13:13
If I worked for Magpul I'd bitch slap these commandos and take back my stuff.

Little do you realize these guys are THE target market for most of the gun and accessory makers in America. The guys who will simply buy the latest doodad to look cool.

We're the outliers, not them.

Mac5.56
06-03-10, 13:30
True to some extent, however when dealing with a "lethal" "hobby" one would hope that the possible consequences of their actions would help reduce the idiot factor.

Nope the male human has proven the complete opposite to be true! The more deadly the hobby, the more douche bags are attracted to it. It's as set in stone as the laws of gravity!

So what? You guys don't go to the range dressed like this?

C4IGrant
06-03-10, 13:37
Disagree. I sincerely doubt that anyone here on this thread (and I know everybody from my group that was at the range that day would do the same!) would refuse to help these guys out with stance, shooting fundamentals, or anything else for that matter.

Gun owners shouldn't act like clowns. It hurts all of us. A little negative reinforcement with a strong dash of humor is not going to bring down the 2nd Amendment.

The guys in the photo are stuck in the "I don't know what I don't know" world and most likely have no interest in coming out. Ignorance is bliss after all.

Should we restrict their right to own firearms? Of course not. Should we ban them from shooting ranges/clubs? Of course not. Do they fit the typical "media description" of BUBBA? Yes.

C4

kaiservontexas
06-03-10, 13:40
Wow, so that is how CTD stays in business!

What is with the flashlight placement? That completely negates the purpose of the grip.

I think people like this should look into re-enactment. They just want to get dressed up, and I guess the psychology is similar to cosplay. At least if they were doing re-enactment they would not look so stoopid.

BTW somebody should tell them that tactical black is soooo 90s.

jklaughrey
06-03-10, 13:47
I am still laughing at his "clear" shop safety glasses. Guess he couldn't spring for the any kind of tint at Walmart for 5 dollars. But hey at least he is wearing some ear and eye protection. SO maybe he is only half a bubba!

RogerinTPA
06-03-10, 13:57
Nope the male human has proven the complete opposite to be true! The more deadly the hobby, the more douche bags are attracted to it. It's as set in stone as the laws of gravity!

So what? You guys don't go to the range dressed like this?

Agreed, wholeheartedly. Thanks for the gut busting laugh!

This thread is Epic! It is hereby designated Range Pic Humor:

Photo Entrapped Neophyte Ignorant Shitheads (PENIS).:p

JSantoro
06-03-10, 14:09
Ya, I never assumed that he worked at the same place as GOTM4 (as he would have killed him for being stupid).

I can attest to this, and that I must've only asked some mildly annoying questions as a customer, because all gotM4 has ever done to me is:

1ea bitch-slap
2ea Purple-Nurple
1ea kick to the package (I asked one silly AND annoying question, in two parts, so I guess he loaded up).

Pointing and laughing at noodniks like those pictured in no way whatsoever interferes or infringes on their 2A rights. If you can't make stupid hurt, you can at least try to make make it hideously self-conscious. I submit that all humor is able to be interpreted as cruel on some level. All humor is at somebody or something else's expense, no exceptions.

Littlelebowski
06-03-10, 14:12
I can attest to this, and that I must've only asked some mildly annoying questions as a customer, because all gotM4 has ever done to me is:

1ea bitch-slap
2ea Purple-Nurple
1ea kick to the package (I asked one silly AND annoying question, in two parts, so I guess he loaded up).

Pointing and laughing at noodniks like those pictured in no way whatsoever interferes or infringes on their 2A rights. If you can't make stupid hurt, you can at least try to make make it hideously self-conscious. I submit that all humor is able to be interpreted as cruel on some level. All humor is at somebody or something else's expense, no exceptions.

Oh, that gotm4! You just gotta tickle under his chin or rub his belly to calm him down :D

JSantoro
06-03-10, 14:19
I have learned Things, and seen what cannot be unseen.

I now enter the shop with my eyes downcast and a pint of chocolate Haagen-Daaz held before me as an offering.

C4IGrant
06-03-10, 14:20

I use this "training aid" when I am teaching a class. A little humor goes a long way.

We had a guy in the AR training we did on Saturday with "Smokey and the Bandit" sunglassess (mirror). No real protection for his eyes and very low visability. Am sure we won't see him wearing them agin in the future. ;)

C4

CarlosDJackal
06-03-10, 14:52

Teddy Bear? :D

CarlosDJackal
06-03-10, 14:55
...What is with the flashlight placement? That completely negates the purpose of the grip...

Like it mattered anyway. Have you seen how he was using the AFG? :eek:

I keep hearing the SWAT theme music for some reason. :p

Mac5.56
06-03-10, 14:57
Agreed, wholeheartedly. Thanks for the gut busting laugh!

This thread is Epic! It is hereby designated Range Pic Humor:

Photo Entrapped Neophyte Ignorant Shitheads (PENIS).:p

I live in the town that boarders one of the primary rock climbing areas on the Eastern seaboard. Dudes like this are plentiful! They start the most fights at the bar I work at. Loose the most fights at the bar I work at, and are the most likely to come in at the end of the season or mid season injured.

I literally had two of them ask me the other night if I thought it was a good idea to put out a can of meat chili 300 yards from their campsite at 1 in the morning and hang out within 100 yards with a video camera to try and tape a bear. I explained to them that it was spring, meaning cubs. They didn't seem to worried. Haven't seen them back in the bar in a while...

Smuckatelli
06-03-10, 15:37
Like it mattered anyway. Have you seen how he was using the AFG? :eek:

I'm coming out of the closet now.....

I have nothing on my rifle, what's an AFG?

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-03-10, 15:38

Absolutely. I just got back from the range and the guynext to me wa shooting a 2.5 foot pattern at 7 yards with his XD. Now, I am no ninja, but I was really hoping the guy was going to ask about my gun or how I shoot small groups (compared to his). I'm not going to volunteer, but how hard it it to get someone to go from a psuedo-weaver to a balanced isoceles?

Little do you realize these guys are THE target market for most of the gun and accessory makers in America. The guys who will simply buy the latest doodad to look cool.

That is where I think Magpul is different. It seems a lot of other companies just make something they think people want and never test it. Magpul finds a need and then fills it after testing things out.

Do they fit the typical "media description" of BUBBA? Yes.

Tactical-Bubba, maybe Tactical-Yuppie. Bubba's to me use shotguns.

Rider79
06-03-10, 15:51
I keep hearing the SWAT theme music for some reason. :p

You're either SWAT, or you're not.

John_Wayne777
06-03-10, 15:53
Where exactly in Virginia was this?

SHIVAN
06-03-10, 15:54
Where exactly in Virginia was this?

The Cove.

CarlosDJackal
06-03-10, 15:56

LOL. AFG - Angled Foregrip. It's the attachment the tattooed guy in the picture is holding like a vertical foregrip (which it's not meant to be).

And learning has occurred!! ;)

QuietShootr
06-03-10, 15:59
Absolutely. I just got back from the range and the guynext to me wa shooting a 2.5 foot pattern at 7 yards with his XD. Now, I am no ninja, but I was really hoping the guy was going to ask about my gun or how I shoot small groups (compared to his). I'm not going to volunteer, but how hard it it to get someone to go from a psuedo-weaver to a balanced isoceles?

That is where I think Magpul is different. It seems a lot of other companies just make something they think people want and never test it. Magpul finds a need and then fills it after testing things out.

Tactical-Bubba, maybe Tactical-Yuppie. Bubba's to me use shotguns.

Feh. I don't want people screwing with me when I go to the range, and the best way I know to get that is to MMOB. If he can't shoot, and he doesn't care, leave him be as long as he's not dangerous to you.

And that's not a Bubba...that's a Tactical Tapout Tony.

Skyyr
06-03-10, 16:03

Magpul Angled Forward Grip.

BrianS
06-03-10, 16:06
AFG and weird magwell holder thingy on one rifle! Awesome!

I have a poor idea of the market value of all the accessories on that rifle, but I have a hunch if he had run it bone stock he could have afforded a class where he would have learned not to lean away from his gun like it was gonna bite him.

:p

orionz06
06-03-10, 16:09
AFG and weird magwell holder thingy on one rifle! Awesome!

one is for high speed, the other low drag?

theblackknight
06-03-10, 16:10
And that's not a Bubba...that's a Tactical Tapout Tony.

Exactly.

Voodoochild
06-03-10, 16:11

Combat Solutions?

Spiffums
06-03-10, 16:42
I got a Blackhawk tac vest back before Y2K........ it was cool back then with my Mil- Spec knife and blackhawk thigh holster (only thing I could find to carry a glock with a light).

Now ask me if I have the good sense to leave it in the back of the gear closet or not.:D ( I do because it shrank LOL).

PrivateCitizen
06-03-10, 17:25
What I'd like to know is if they knew the pics were being taken …

…and did they "Colin Farrell" it up for the cam?

(ETA: This thread will justify GD through at least October.)

Failure2Stop
06-03-10, 17:47
Whether we like it or not gentlemen, this:

is the face of the industry.

The question becomes-
what are you going to do about it?

C4IGrant
06-03-10, 18:06

The question becomes-

Correct you are.

What am I doing to correct this?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=53109

C4

Smuckatelli
06-03-10, 18:24
Combat Solutions?

He mentioned that he got a discount at the store where he worked but he didn't mention the store.:(

Smuckatelli
06-03-10, 18:31

The question becomes-

Make this a sticky and start posting range pictures?

With the understanding that if one of us gets tagged as a wingnutt, we don't argue about it and learn.

Cagemonkey
06-03-10, 18:46
Correct you are.

C4In picture 21 of your thread I noticed a Mall Ninja in your class. You got first hand experience with this situation. I'd say he's probably reformed now. Great work. I wish I lived in your neck of the woods.

jklaughrey
06-03-10, 19:08
You guys gave me an idea. Grant can you start selling a line of toys like full size GI Joes except with names like Bubba and TacTapout Tony or That Guy Frank and dress them up and they can be the Mall America Spec Ops Squad!

m4fun
06-03-10, 19:33
Not the Cove! Shooting stuffed bunny rabbits.

I was planning on getting a couple of buds together and getting up there for some full auto fun...maybe not...Need some outdoor full auto ranges!!!

SeriousStudent
06-03-10, 20:04
Wow...... just, wow. :eek:

Failure2Stop
06-03-10, 22:03

Good answer ;)

Smuckatelli
06-03-10, 22:04
What's the scoop on Del Ton guns?

HES
06-04-10, 00:20
You guys gave me an idea. Grant can you start selling a line of toys like full size GI Joes except with names like Bubba and TacTapout Tony or That Guy Frank and dress them up and they can be the Mall America Spec Ops Squad!
LOL, Get Seth McFarland to design them and I think you have a winner on your hands.

PRGGodfather
06-04-10, 00:30
Tools? Maybe. Maybe even likely.

Libtards? Probably not.

I'd still rather hang out with them than Nancy Pelosi.

Maybe I'm being less judgmental in my old age (probably not), but folks who have an AFG and don't know how to use the, probably won't want to take mine away.

MassMark
06-04-10, 00:37
Is that pepper spray near his belt buckle, or another knife?

Mac5.56
06-04-10, 00:56
Tools? Maybe. Maybe even likely.

Libtards? Probably not.

I'd still rather hang out with them than Nancy Pelosi.

Maybe I'm being less judgmental in my old age (probably not), but folks who have an AFG and don't know how to use the, probably won't want to take mine away.

Your helping me prove my theory: That a single thread in the GD discussion can't go longer then 4 pages without someone using the words like libtard in regards to threads that HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC.

Thanks.

PRGGodfather
06-04-10, 01:17
You're welcome.

sl4mdaddy
06-04-10, 06:50
Wow. At least I have the decency not to go out in public until my UTG rails get replaced with a proper set.

:p

d90king
06-04-10, 07:50
Whether we like it or not gentlemen, this is the face of the industry.

The question becomes-

And I dont consider myself having anywhere near Grant or TK's level of training or expertise. But we can ALL do our part. I am just trying to do mine and stay in my lane while doing so.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=53514
www.firearmstrainingandtactics.com

Littlelebowski
06-04-10, 12:45
The question becomes-

We had a brand new shooter with our group that day and he was learning things the right way.

vaglocker
06-04-10, 15:07
Did you at least offer to check the staking on his castle nut for him? :D

vaglocker
06-04-10, 15:09
Please tell me they were rockin XDs as secondaries.

C4IGrant
06-04-10, 15:46
Please tell me they were rockin XDs as secondaries.

In Serpa holsters. :p

C4

C4IGrant
06-04-10, 15:57
And I dont consider myself having anywhere near Grant or TK's level of training or expertise. But we can ALL do our part. I am just trying to do mine and stay in my lane while doing so.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=53514
www.firearmstrainingandtactics.com

Right you are.

We all bitch and moan about how village idiots bring down the tactical shooting world and fit into all the media stereotypes, but at some point you have to stand up and say; "I'm going to fix it!"

Have a good grasp of the fundamentals? Create a syllabus, find a range or land you can shoot on and take a bunch of new shooters through the basics. If you can't find people to help, post in the regional training/hometown forums that you are looking to do some training.

I have 15 page lesson plans I follow for both Carbine and Pistol. It is all the best drills, info and ideas taken from the best instructors. I augment lesson plans on the fly with my personal experience with gear and guns. I see a Taurus in a Serpa holster, its time for a lecture on what their life is worth.

C4

Sparky5019
06-04-10, 15:57
OK now,:p...I use a SERPA holster; it is on my belt not below my knees or on my vest! I was going to say that AT LEAST when I bothered to pick up and AFG that I learned to proper way to use it!

I have to admit that I am not military or LE and would NEVER dress that way and throw my weight around pretending to be a BAD-ASS! I try to do my part and set an example for those types when I am at the range or at a match...they need to see the error of their ways!

Sparky

P.S. And the more they get their asses kicked by those who can shoot, maybe they will become thirsty and start searching for some truth as to why it is such bad form to dress and project that attitude! JMHO.

Sparky

C4IGrant
06-04-10, 16:00
OK now,:p...I use a SERPA holster; it is on my belt not below my knees or on my vest! I was going to say that AT LEAST when I bothered to pick up and AFG that I learned to proper way to use it!

I have to admit that I am not military or LE and would NEVER dress that way and throw my weight around pretending to be a BAD-ASS! I try to do my part and set an example for those types when I am at the range or at a match...they need to see the error of their ways!

Sparky

P.S. And the more they get their asses kicked by those who can shoot, maybe they will become thirsty and start searching for some truth as to why it is such bad form to dress and project that attitude! JMHO.

Sparky

The serpa holster is banned in most PD's and SO's (I know it is around here). It is a dangerous holster IMHO and you would be VERY WISE to stop using it.

C4

orionz06
06-04-10, 16:36
Right you are.

We all bitch and moan about how village idiots bring down the tactical shooting world and fit into all the media stereotypes, but at some point you have to stand up and say; "I'm going to fix it!"

Have a good grasp of the fundamentals? Create a syllabus, find a range or land you can shoot on and take a bunch of new shooters through the basics. If you can't find people to help, post in the regional training/hometown forums that you are looking to do some training.

I have 15 page lesson plans I follow for both Carbine and Pistol. It is all the best drills, info and ideas taken from the best instructors. I augment lesson plans on the fly with my personal experience with gear and guns. I see a Taurus in a Serpa holster, its time for a lecture on what their life is worth.

C4

To this note, it doesnt take much to see how wrong you really are when you are shown the right way to do things. The holes in the paper speak for themselves.

And to stay on topic, what was their ammo of choice?

http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/8892/top2eo6.jpg

Sparky5019
06-04-10, 18:29
The serpa holster is banned in most PD's and SO's (I know it is around here). It is a dangerous holster IMHO and you would be VERY WISE to stop using it.

C4

WOW...I did not know that! Thanks for the update! I have had no problems with mine. I can guess what the problems MIGHT be but what are they citing as the rationale? Also, what do you suggest as a good replacement!

Thanks,
Sparky

JSantoro
06-04-10, 18:48
For one thing, if you end up rolling around on the ground, you can get a buncha crap lodged underneath the paddle of the release mechanism, preventing the pistol from being released if you need to draw. If you can't depress the switch, the gun stays where it is.

I had this happen, myself, and at the worst possible moment. My secondary might as well have been here in the States, for all the good it did me, stuck in the holster. Thankfully, I wasn't the only good guy there, so I only got scared three-quarters of the way to death instead of ending up dead because of that POS.

Sparky5019
06-04-10, 18:54
I figured that would be some of the mechanisms involved. Not wanting to hijack this, I will take this to the handgun forum...Thanks all...back to Mall Ninjas!

Sparky

C4IGrant
06-04-10, 21:45
WOW...I did not know that! Thanks for the update! I have had no problems with mine. I can guess what the problems MIGHT be but what are they citing as the rationale? Also, what do you suggest as a good replacement!

Thanks,
Sparky

Most folks form a curve in their finger (to release the gun from the holster). This "bend" in their trigger finger tends to stay in that position as the gun comes out of the holster. This in turn could lead to a ND.

For holsters, look at Raven, blade-tech,etc.

C4

SteyrAUG
06-05-10, 00:54
Light below the barrel and a C-more. Where these guys extras on the last Terminator movie?

Ok, that is a setup I have, what am I doing wrong?

I have a C More on the G36k, seems to be quality and has been very reliable. I know it isn't as bulletproof as some of the Eotechs but I'm not in Asscrapistan so it is strong enough for range deployment and home defense.

I often mount lights under the barrel. What is the issue with that? Is it reliable employment of the light? If so I guess I can see that, and that is why I use a M3/TLR1 style light. I can actuate it with the index finger on my handguard hand.

But if I'm missing something else, clue me in.

SteyrAUG
06-05-10, 01:00

C4

LOL. I guess I'm mall ninja to the bone. I've been using serpas since they came out. Run one for my carbine club and handgun matches too. Never had a problem though and I actually really like them.

one
06-05-10, 01:11
Banned from most PD's and SO's? More like the most common holsters seen around here.

In fact I'm one of the few not using a Serpa of some fashion. I tried to point all of the deficiencies out but in the end the only person that really listens to me is "me".

Then again my dept. just got in three MP5A2's and the Det. overseeing the purchase and outfitting installed "UTG" rails on them.

I'm embarrassed to post here.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-05-10, 01:25
Your helping me prove my theory: That a single thread in the GD discussion can't go longer then 4 pages without someone using the words like libtard in regards to threads that HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THE TOPIC.

Hitler, NAZI, Commies, Pelosi, Obama, black helicopters.

Can we move on now? ;)

For one thing, if you end up rolling around on the ground, you can get a buncha crap lodged underneath the paddle of the release mechanism, preventing the pistol from being released if you need to draw. If you can't depress the switch, the gun stays where it is.

I had this happen, myself, and at the worst possible moment. My secondary might as well have been here in the States, for all the good it did me, stuck in the holster. Thankfully, I wasn't the only good guy there, so I only got scared three-quarters of the way to death instead of ending up dead because of that POS.

Funny, I didn't see that in the last Serpa commercial on the Outdoor Channel! I seem to be a FOD magnet, thanks for the heads up.

I have a C More on the G36k, seems to be quality and has been very reliable. I know it isn't as bulletproof as some of the Eotechs but I'm not in Asscrapistan so it is strong enough for range deployment and home defense.

I often mount lights under the barrel. What is the issue with that? Is it reliable employment of the light? If so I guess I can see that, and that is why I use a M3/TLR1 style light. I can actuate it with the index finger on my handguard hand.

A G-36... I kid, I kid. Wish I had one.

C-More is a fine sight, I've shot my buddies USPSA Open gun with it and there is nothing wrong with it. To me they seem like you have to have your head directly behind them to see the dot, I get more latitude with a T1. I think the groans about C-more come from the fact that they are not as robust as a Aimpoint or EOTech- and for some reason they always end up on movie guns. Great range and gamer sight - and at like 1/3 the cost, the best solution for that role. The real test would be to take a c-more and an aimpoint and play gravel bachi ball in a range parking lot and see how they hold up. I know the Aimpoint will survive. I have a buddy who started shooting and was a USPSA Grandmaster two years later. He looks at my T1 like it is from Mars and try to be careful with his C-mores ;)

All lights on a forend will have the barrel cast a shadow. With the light below the barrel the shadow will be cast up. The BGs head and center line will be in the shadow. I think it was covered in "Green Eyes, black rifles". I still struggle with light placement. QD sling holes on the rails, BUIS, AFG and light mounts all seem to want to interfere-Especially on Middy handguards. Trying to get a 'Costa' AFG grip is alot easier with my VTAC TRX 13 inch rail.

Don't worry, I'll probably end up in these threads eventually.

We should have a contest for the best tacticool picture of ourselves.

C4IGrant
06-05-10, 08:03

The C-More is not a bad optic, but just behind an EOTech and Aimpoint in quality.

Mounting a light at the 6 position is fine, but is considered the least ideal spot (12 being the first choice).

C4

C4IGrant
06-05-10, 08:05
LOL. I guess I'm mall ninja to the bone. I've been using serpas since they came out. Run one for my carbine club and handgun matches too. Never had a problem though and I actually really like them.

They are cheap, inejction molded crap that have safety issues along with the fact that they can lock your gun in the holster if so much as a small pebble gets into the locking mechanism.

You are a smart guy with a lot of gun experience. Cool points are high, but the Serpa is dragging you down brother. ;)

In the end, if you like the holster, run it. I just hope you don't run into one of their downsides.

C4

C4IGrant
06-05-10, 08:07
Banned from most PD's and SO's? More like the most common holsters seen around here.

In fact I'm one of the few not using a Serpa of some fashion. I tried to point all of the deficiencies out but in the end the only person that really listens to me is "me".

Then again my dept. just got in three MP5A2's and the Det. overseeing the purchase and outfitting installed "UTG" rails on them.

I'm embarrassed to post here.

That's a shame.

Keep up the good fight.

C4

vaglocker
06-05-10, 08:12
I vote we just keep making fun of the dudes in the photo instead of arguing the merits or lack therof of the serpa and c-more.

theblackknight
06-05-10, 11:27

Im game.

SteyrAUG
06-05-10, 12:48
A G-36... I kid, I kid. Wish I had one.

C-More is a fine sight, I've shot my buddies USPSA Open gun with it and there is nothing wrong with it. To me they seem like you have to have your head directly behind them to see the dot, I get more latitude with a T1. I think the groans about C-more come from the fact that they are not as robust as a Aimpoint or EOTech- and for some reason they always end up on movie guns. Great range and gamer sight - and at like 1/3 the cost, the best solution for that role. The real test would be to take a c-more and an aimpoint and play gravel bachi ball in a range parking lot and see how they hold up. I know the Aimpoint will survive. I have a buddy who started shooting and was a USPSA Grandmaster two years later. He looks at my T1 like it is from Mars and try to be careful with his C-mores ;)

Like I said, if I was actually jumping out of helo's or taking down caves in Asscrapistan I'd probably run a Eotech. But for everything I've done, which includes lots of running, dropping to prone, banging around cover, etc. the C More does the job just fine.

All lights on a forend will have the barrel cast a shadow. With the light below the barrel the shadow will be cast up. The BGs head and center line will be in the shadow. I think it was covered in "Green Eyes, black rifles". I still struggle with light placement. QD sling holes on the rails, BUIS, AFG and light mounts all seem to want to interfere-Especially on Middy handguards. Trying to get a 'Costa' AFG grip is alot easier with my VTAC TRX 13 inch rail.

Don't worry, I'll probably end up in these threads eventually.

I've got the book and read it. Bottom line, you will get a shadow "someplace" especially if you run a suppressor. But the shadow is actually a faint shadow and your subject (if you keep up on batteries) will still be very well lit.

I tend to prefer a 12 oclock shadow to a 3 or 9 oclock shadow. For me it functions almost like an aiming device. And compared to what we had 20 years ago, ANY light is a dramatic improvement.

Moose-Knuckle
06-05-10, 12:48
Ahh yes, the ARF.comers :D

They still don't have shit on The Hill's Spencer Pratt though...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/SpencerPratt.jpg

SteyrAUG
06-05-10, 12:53
They are cheap, inejction molded crap that have safety issues along with the fact that they can lock your gun in the holster if so much as a small pebble gets into the locking mechanism.

You are a smart guy with a lot of gun experience. Cool points are high, but the Serpa is dragging you down brother. ;)

In the end, if you like the holster, run it. I just hope you don't run into one of their downsides.

C4

Any retention holster can **** you under the right circumstances. Non retention holsters can become a liability under the right circumstances. I've messed with a lot of holsters over the last 25 years and for my personal carry circumstances I usually go with a serpa. And it ain't because I can't afford other holsters, I've got a footlocker full of them.

Robb Jensen
06-05-10, 12:58

C4

Great advice.
And you are correct those guys don't work at VA Arms. And VA Arms employees don't get a discount because they get everything 'at cost'. That's a great benefit among many others to working there.

variablebinary
06-05-10, 18:09
That's awesome. I bet it was hot as hell with all that black gear...

And I will bet anyone a million bucks they have quite the collection of Affliction and Tapout clothes

C4IGrant
06-05-10, 20:26
Any retention holster can **** you under the right circumstances. Non retention holsters can become a liability under the right circumstances. I've messed with a lot of holsters over the last 25 years and for my personal carry circumstances I usually go with a serpa. And it ain't because I can't afford other holsters, I've got a footlocker full of them.

I don't know of any of the Safariland retention holsters that have any "liability" issues as far as getting dirt/sand/etc getting stuck in the retention system.

Retention, is fine, but generally not needed for civy CCW (as no one knows you have a gun).

C4

Mac5.56
06-05-10, 20:55
That's awesome. I bet it was hot as hell with all that black gear...

Well that's why he doesn't have a shirt on bro! It's the only way to rock that sh$t you know. Haven't you heard it's better then moisture wicking poly, free balling is totally tactical, and the way that vest rubs on your nipple rings, bro you aint felt nothing like it! yea man!!!!

You wanna go the range one day, and maybe do some Jager Bombs after the sesh?

kal
06-05-10, 21:09
You wanna go the range one day, and maybe do some Jager Bombs after the sesh?

"I got a better idea bro, let's go clear my house!" :D

OPPFOR
06-05-10, 22:00
I keep coming back to this thread and laughing. Just noticed the dual drop leg holsters on the second guy.

Oscar 319
06-05-10, 22:06
I vote we just keep making fun of the dudes in the photo instead of arguing the merits or lack therof of the serpa and c-more.

True dat'!

http://inlinethumb21.webshots.com/27604/2922081580028342462S600x600Q85.jpg

Mosin Nagant CQB.

jklaughrey
06-05-10, 22:33
Why in the hell would you do that to a classic bolt gun? Mosin Nagant's can be good accurate mid range shooters!

Macx
06-05-10, 22:39
I want that to be photoshop so bad it hurts. . . . sat there with my jaw on the space bar for way too many minutes. I am baffled. What was hommy thinking?? :eek:

ralph
06-05-10, 22:59
Why in the hell would you do that to a classic bolt gun? Mosin Nagant's can be good accurate mid range shooters!

Yes, they can be, But, let's not forget that there literally millions of them here in the U.S. They've been selling in the $75-100 range for years, (exception being Finn Mosins,they are what the commies should have been making) Nobody's going to miss a few that end up in the hands of those with a dull hacksaw, and a not so bright idea...Like the one in the pic... Look at it this way, it's better that he did this to a Mosin, than say, a '03 or a '03A3, or a Persian or Swedish Mauser, something really classic

chadbag
06-05-10, 23:16
I want that to be photoshop so bad it hurts. . . . sat there with my jaw on the space bar for way too many minutes. I am baffled. What was hommy thinking?? :eek:

Find the FUDD gun thread here on M4C. This CQB M-Nagant is on that with an explanation from someone on who / what / why IIRC

jklaughrey
06-05-10, 23:19
Ralph if he did that to an 03 I fear someone might have killed that boy!

ralph
06-05-10, 23:30
Ralph if he did that to an 03 I fear someone might have killed that boy! You're right! I own a '03 and a '03A3..They are wonderful shooters, very accurate, To me, they are pieces of U.S. history.. I'm fortunate to own them,and take care of them for now..

Oscar 319
06-05-10, 23:46
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we have been giving Guido too much credit. That optic does not look like a C-more. It has squared lens edges, and C-more has rounded lens's.

That is most likely some type of "as good as" knock off from Cheaper Than Dirt or Walmart.

MassMark
06-05-10, 23:58
True dat'!

Mosin Nagant CQB.

It's amazing how one photo travels the Internet...I personally took that photo a few years ago at a charity car shoot here in Massachusetts. Lest anyone think differently, this gun was built by an FFL/SOT as a joke - a poke at the Mall Ninjas...it was actually quite fun to shoot - threw out a fireball the size of a trash can... :D

Oscar 319
06-06-10, 00:02
It's amazing how one photo travels the Internet...I personally took that photo a few years ago at a charity car shoot here in Massachusetts. Lest anyone think differently, this gun was built by an FFL/SOT as a joke - a poke at the Mall Ninjas...it was actually quite fun to shoot - threw out a fireball the size of a trash can... :D

That is so bad ass! You did well. It would have been better if dude was all tac'd out for the pic.

MassMark
06-06-10, 00:09
That is so bad ass! You did well. It would have been better if dude was all tac'd out for the pic.

I didn't build it - a friend of mine did however. I think it may be on display at Zero Hour in Massachusetts. There was a ton of C3 at this shoot, but this was among the most popular guns that day. It was getting passed around - up and down the firing line. I was too slow to get the fireball. Someone posted the pic over on THR and the Mosin-Nagant owners were up in arms about chopping up "such a nice rifle"... :p

Lee Indy
06-06-10, 00:50

thats no c more. its a bsa multi dot. about 19.95 from midway. i know because i have one on a 22

igoswoop
06-06-10, 00:56
Back to Crockett & Tubbs...

Reason for enormous, polished, fixed blade knife.

Shit... You never know when you might have to have a Commando fight.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_gsUALeZML10/R19sBN0iMWI/AAAAAAAAAPs/4BDrI8fc1Ho/s320/commando_02.jpg

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-06-10, 01:07
True dat'!

Mosin Nagant CQB.

Yes, they can be, But, let's not forget that there literally millions of them here in the U.S. They've been selling in the $75-100 range for years, (exception being Finn Mosins,they are what the commies should have been making) Nobody's going to miss a few that end up in the hands of those with a dull hacksaw, and a not so bright idea...Like the one in the pic... Look at it this way, it's better that he did this to a Mosin, than say, a '03 or a '03A3, or a Persian or Swedish Mauser, something really classic

That rifle is the equivilent of getting a Zero on you High School ACT test, it is so stupid it could only be the work of a genius.

SteyrAUG
06-06-10, 02:31
I don't know of any of the Safariland retention holsters that have any "liability" issues as far as getting dirt/sand/etc getting stuck in the retention system.

Retention, is fine, but generally not needed for civy CCW (as no one knows you have a gun).

C4

Dirt isn't always the culprit. Some are just awkward to draw from, especially if you are concealed and seat belted in or things like that. And that is why a lot of CCW folks don't like any kind of retention holster.

But due to the way I carry, paddle holster on the hip, I prefer some kind of retention holster. Basically I don't wanna spill my piece when grabbing grocery sacks off the floor of my car or if I ever need to pull a ninja stunt like an inverted swing over up onto the roof of my house (that is a joke btw), etc.

chadbag
06-06-10, 02:48
But due to the way I carry, paddle holster on the hip, I prefer some kind of retention holster. Basically I don't wanna spill my piece when grabbing grocery sacks off the floor of my car or if I ever need to pull a ninja stunt like an inverted swing over up onto the roof of my house (that is a joke btw), etc.

That is why the Good Lord invented the Safariland ALS system.

QuickStrike
06-06-10, 05:20

The "macho" ones like guns, mma, etc.. attracts the most posers. :(

armakraut
06-06-10, 05:35
"Drake, we are LEAVING!"

BTW...

Are tactical mullets not shade enough from the sun?

MassMark
06-06-10, 06:48
I've got to know if that's a can of OC on his belt and with the mag MIA on his XD Leapers-Style, I guess he must have missed the "Be Ready For Any Counter-Ninja Attack 101" class.... :p

SteyrAUG
06-06-10, 13:42
That is why the Good Lord invented the Safariland ALS system.

I just never warmed up to the thumb release system. For me it was always an extra step I tripped over during the draw. For me the trigger finger release of the serpa is much more natural.

Now I understand for some people it makes them natural allow their trigger finger to then slip into the trigger guard resulting in potential NDs but for me it had the opposite effect. For some reason it helps me keep my trigger finger on the trigger guard (rather than in it) on the draw.

Could be I'm just one of those rare oddballs. I do some things other find incredibly difficult easily and I sometimes have problems with the stuff that is easy for others.

chadbag
06-06-10, 13:55
I just never warmed up to the thumb release system. For me it was always an extra step I tripped over during the draw. For me the trigger finger release of the serpa is much more natural.

Interesting. My thumb is right on the thumb release anyway due to the grip when drawing so for me it is almost as if there is no retention system to have to manipulate...

Good luck!

SHIVAN
06-06-10, 14:57
Can we argue the merits of the SERPA and Safarilands in some other thread?

GermanSynergy
06-06-10, 18:29
Nice stance and use of the AFG....:rolleyes::D

C4IGrant
06-06-10, 21:27
Interesting. My thumb is right on the thumb release anyway due to the grip when drawing so for me it is almost as if there is no retention system to have to manipulate...

Good luck!

The ALS is the best and is extremely natural to draw from as your thumb just lands on the button.

I shot my best score on ToddG's FAST drill with an ALS.

Just sayin....

C4

DacoRoman
06-06-10, 22:13
buahaha...classic pictures!

Someone needs to make one of those slogan type net pictures out of them (I'd give it a try, but I have no idea how)

Nice stance and use of the AFG....:rolleyes::D

:D

the funny thing is, they would probably volunteer high speed low drag tips and techniques to us "clueless shooters"

EDIT: I actually feel bad for them, and if they are good guys, God please keep them safe and bless 'em for being 2nd Amendment supporters and please steer them to a proper instructor QUICK (ah I feel better now :) )

orionz06
06-06-10, 22:14
buahaha...classic pictures!

Someone needs to make one of those slogan type net pictures out of them (I'd give it a try, but I have no idea how)

the funny thing is, they would probably volunteer high speed low drag tips and techniques to us "clueless shooters"

What should it say? If you only knew the awesomeness I can create with bad ideas and a little effort.

Oscar 319
06-06-10, 22:23
What should it say? If you only knew the awesomeness I can create with bad ideas and a little effort.

Chickenwing
Guido says it helps with proper cheek weld.

?

orionz06
06-06-10, 22:26
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/orionz06/DSCN0468.jpg

DacoRoman
06-06-10, 22:31
off the top of my head

Piss Poor Technique:
50% of the time It works Everytime

or,

Tactifool Ninja Wear:
Cause its better to Look good than to Shoot Good

DacoRoman
06-06-10, 22:31
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/orionz06/DSCN0468.jpg

haha excellent!

Oscar 319
06-06-10, 22:37
SWEET!!!! One more. :D

AFG, Angled Fore Grip
Guido says it helps guide his deadly support hand to his Mako magwell grip.

>>Orionz, check your PM's for the best one I could come up with<<

jklaughrey
06-06-10, 22:51
Oscar, Orizon you guys made milk come out my nose LOLOLOLOL

mattjmcd
06-06-10, 23:42
This. Thread. Delivers.

"Jersey Shore" in Virginia?!?! WTF, O?

jklaughrey
06-07-10, 00:04
I was thinking Grand Theft Auto movie tryout video.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-07-10, 00:54
Back to the tats...

No shirt equals more prime time for his tats. I see a baby Jesus at the right hand of Mary, and then what looks like an up-armoured angel on his forearm. Is that just black bead jewelry on his wrist, or a bracelet made form bike chain?

The only problem with religious tatoos on your right arm is that you are goin to have to wear a long sleeve t-shirt to jerk off, otherwise you turn a venal sin into a mortal sin.

Looks like the forecast is for overcast skies, except for his elbow. :rolleyes:

I think I find it easy to pick on this guys since he looks a lot like my brother.

Littlelebowski
06-07-10, 07:01

Nah, they got pretty quiet around us when we started shooting. Like I said, it was hilarious to watch a guy in a Hawaiian shirt (kittyhawk) outshoot them :D

Smuckatelli
06-07-10, 07:59
Nah, they got pretty quiet around us when we started shooting. Like I said, it was hilarious to watch a guy in a Hawaiian shirt (kittyhawk) outshoot them :D

That's pretty much what happened with me, once the rounds went down range he left.

A good note, I took my son's Den Leader and his oldest daughter to Quantico on Sunday. She wanted try out for her high school air rifle team next year when she is a freshman. So she wanted to get some trigger time behind the 6920 and RRA NMA4. Her groups were pretty good but we didn't go over windage & elevation.

Anyways, a lot of shooters out there, not a single Mall Ninja.

Mac5.56
06-07-10, 09:40
Back to the tats...

Is that just black bead jewelry on his wrist, or a bracelet made form bike chain?

It's a para cord bracelet wrapped in a hippie not. Pretty popular among the mall ninja crowd. I left a "survivalist group" on social networking site because this kind of stuff was rampant.

orionz06
06-07-10, 09:41
It's a para cord bracelet wrapped in a hippie not. Pretty popular among the mall ninja crowd. I left a "survivalist group" on social networking site because this kind of stuff was rampant.

I think the paracord bracelet is fine, but in this case, it only adds to the comedy.

vaglocker
06-07-10, 11:30
Looks like the forecast is for overcast skies, except for his elbow. :rolleyes:

As a fellow tat'd guy that may be the funniest quote of them all. He probably pussed out on the elbow as it hurts like a mofo.:D

Macx
06-07-10, 11:39
I think the paracord bracelet is fine, but in this case, it only adds to the comedy.

Yeah, that inspired me to google it .. . and I came up with- http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/bd44/?cpg=froogle

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/bd44_survivalstraps_survival_bracelet_inuse.jpg

Paracord bracelet - $20

Looking like Camreon from Faris Bueller's Day Off while failing to scale a wall - Priceless

SteyrAUG
06-07-10, 13:07
Yeah, that inspired me to google it .. . and I came up with- http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/bd44/?cpg=froogle

http://www.thinkgeek.com/images/products/additional/large/bd44_survivalstraps_survival_bracelet_inuse.jpg

Paracord bracelet - $20

Looking like Camreon from Faris Bueller's Day Off while failing to scale a wall - Priceless

Having gone up and down quite a few walls in my time, there is NO WAY that anyone is doing either on a single paracord even if it could hold you. 1/4 rope at a minimum for most folks.

orionz06
06-07-10, 13:12
Yeah, that inspired me to google it .. . and I came up with- [u.rl]http://www.thinkgeek.com/geektoys/bd44/?cpg=froogle[/url]

Paracord bracelet - $20

Having gone up and down quite a few walls in my time, there is NO WAY that anyone is doing either on a single paracord even if it could hold you. 1/4 rope at a minimum for most folks.

My implication was wearing, not attempted use of. I can see random uses for paracord, which is why I keep it in my car and bags, not on my wrist.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-07-10, 13:14

But the ad says it is rated for 550 pounds :D

Oscar 319
06-07-10, 13:30
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll180/oscar319/Funny/motivate.jpg

GermanSynergy
06-07-10, 15:54
These guys look like they are getting ready to audition for a new Seagal movie (the direct to DVD kind you see for 99 cents at Wal Mart on the way to the ammo counter)....:cool:

cobra90gt
06-07-10, 16:10
Can you imagine the look on their faces if they came across one of these newly created "Motivated" spoof poster images ?

Or, worse yet, if they are a member here (lurker?). :eek:

DacoRoman
06-07-10, 20:51

:D Well, hopefully they learned something from watching you guys shoot and from checking out how your rifles were squared away

jklaughrey
06-07-10, 21:16
I had no idea Walmart had put together an SRT. What is next armed door greeters OC'ing.

Magic_Salad0892
06-08-10, 00:41
He got that knife at Big 5. I saw that there. O_o

Dave_M
06-08-10, 01:19
Hey guys, at least they have some good kit. I mean, those knives cost them almost $9 each.

http://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-hunting-survival-knife-90714.html

Bobert0989
06-08-10, 03:19

I did get it on sale!!! I told you it was all at least 40% off because my uncle owned the place! And leave my shiny Rambo knife alone! Mine won't unsheathe, but my buddy sharpens his every morning before shaving...

:p:p:p

kal
06-08-10, 11:23
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4069/4682674666_f3911d1d33_b.jpg

Fringe
06-08-10, 16:20
Hey guys, at least they have some good kit. I mean, those knives cost them almost $9 each.

http://www.harborfreight.com/8-inch-hunting-survival-knife-90714.html

I am amazed at a fixed blade "survival knife" that is under $10. I really am. This ALONE is enough to really make one think and think hard about what fools we really have here. I mean really. I think a Craftsman flathead screw driver of the same length would serve you 10 times better. I just can't get this out of my head.
I am seriously worried that these two might be parents.

God help us and the $9 Rambo knife.

variablebinary
06-08-10, 16:33
Can anyone identify the sidearm on the chest?

BrianS
06-08-10, 16:34
Can anyone identify the sidearm on the chest?

Some kind of XD I think. Saying that because of the little hollow behind the magwell is sized and shaped like the same spot on an XD. Picture is too small to if it has the striker cock indicator and the grip safety, but that is what it looks like to me.

Gutshot John
06-08-10, 17:41
Some relevant links...

http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asia_pacific/10130346.stm

Abraxas
06-08-10, 17:47
Some relevant links...

http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/asia_pacific/10130346.stm

You forgot one ;)
http://askaninja.com/

jklaughrey
06-09-10, 02:40
Just for nostalgia here is some excerpts from old Gecko45 the original mall ninja I found.

Here is the link.

http://doodiepants.com/2009/12/09/the-legend-of-the-mall-ninja-gecko45/

I know a few of you crusty seasoned members will remember this guy.

sl4mdaddy
06-09-10, 06:43
Just for nostalgia here is some excerpts from old Gecko45 the original mall ninja I found.

Here is the link.

http://doodiepants.com/2009/12/09/the-legend-of-the-mall-ninja-gecko45/

I know a few of you crusty seasoned members will remember this guy.

That's classic stuff right there.

". As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on."

PaulL
06-09-10, 07:14
I make it a point to spread the Gecko45 love as much as possible. :D

The site in my sig has pretty much the whole original exchange. There's some good tactical advice to be found there. I've been carrying a briefcase with plates in it for some time now. Just in case. :eek:

Dave L.
06-09-10, 07:18
Maybe they know these chicks???

http://www.michiganmilitia.com/images/banners/INDEX1.jpg

Honu
06-09-10, 11:24
just replace those guys with the guy in the lower corner :)

https://www.m4carbine.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=5233&stc=1&d=1276100623

variablebinary
06-09-10, 15:20
Some kind of XD I think. Saying that because of the little hollow behind the magwell is sized and shaped like the same spot on an XD. Picture is too small to if it has the striker cock indicator and the grip safety, but that is what it looks like to me.

Or maybe there is a easy to assume correlation between buffoonery and XD ownership.

I'm just the messenger :p

Mac5.56
06-09-10, 16:01
Or maybe there is a easy to assume correlation between buffoonery and XD ownership.

I'm just the messenger :p

I'm not a pistol person. What is wrong with the XD? Even if you need to provide me a link and leave it out of this topic I'm down. I am slowly starting to research pistols in hopes to get slowly into them.

BrianS
06-09-10, 17:28

Well yeah, ok, but it also kinda looks like the XD magwell area and that is all I can see.

theblackknight
06-09-10, 18:03
Im just hoping Gecko45, the topic, elite team fighters and NutnFancy are all the same person, and is doing this for the lolz value.

kal
06-09-10, 21:55
^^^Wait, doesn't gecko45 already do it for the lulz? Or was he serious?:eek:

bubba04
06-09-10, 22:32

This is one of the funniest things I have read in a long time. You are my hero.

SteyrAUG
06-10-10, 00:40
^^^Wait, doesn't gecko45 already do it for the lulz? Or was he serious?:eek:

Gecko45 aka Juggernaut, was definitely doing it all for the lulz.

Skyyr
06-11-10, 10:01
Speaking of mall ninjas, I forgot I had this photo. This is a legit, "serious" photo uploaded by a reviewer on Amazon.com, stating how great Barska scopes are.

http://skyyr.com/images/tacticool-moron.jpg

Skyyr
06-11-10, 10:02
double-tap

orionz06
06-11-10, 10:08
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/orionz06/tacticool-moron-1.jpg

Moose-Knuckle
06-11-10, 10:19
LOL I love the Harris Bi-Pod and VFG on an "assault" shot-gun. :D If you look closley this Ninja opted for the black handled verison of the knife the first Ninja has!

orionz06
06-11-10, 10:24
LOL I love the Harris Bi-Pod and VFG on an "assault" shot-gun. :D If you look closley this Ninja opted for the black handled verison of the knife the first Ninja has!

Why risk being made?

Fringe
06-11-10, 10:55
I just noticed this new Ninja's knife too?! Is it another one of these $9 harbor gear junk?

My God these guys must hang out.

I would love to see these guys do a tack re-load when their mags are on the wrong side under 5 inches of velcro.

And is that an AM/FM radio on his helmut??

jklaughrey
06-11-10, 10:55
I don't have the words to express everything wrong in this photo. I will just shake my head in silence!

Skyyr
06-11-10, 11:04

No, it's an extra magazine. Loaded, naturally.

Mac5.56
06-11-10, 12:34
Amazing. I'm sorry but I think this guy is actually more ninja then the first two in the post...

Macx
06-11-10, 14:51
I just noticed this new Ninja's knife too?! Is it another one of these $9 harbor gear junk?

My God these guys must hang out.

I would love to see these guys do a tack re-load when their mags are on the wrong side under 5 inches of velcro.

The rifle is a Saiga .308, the thing straped to his head is the factory 8 round mag.

Moose-Knuckle
06-11-10, 16:42
The rifle is a Saiga .308, the thing straped to his head is the factory 8 round mag.

Good eye, I thought that mag was a 10 round shot shell mag.

theblackknight
06-11-10, 20:11
4X scope+3xmagnifier+4x gas station oakleys+bugeye swimming goggle=

20x ninjatac vision!!!:rolleyes:

really what are you gonna do with those goggles? Sandstorm in the sticks much? And that kraut helmet? He must be a luftwaffa that wants to go ground side. This guy prob has a external with all NutnFancy vids on it.

Moose-Knuckle
06-12-10, 09:07
And that kraut helmet? He must be a luftwaffa that wants to go ground side.

I don't think that is a German M1935, it appears to be the airsoft (plastic) version of the PASGT.

DacoRoman
06-14-10, 11:50
Wow that second Ninja is off the Ninjatastic scale. It's gotta be an airsofter for sure.

JLM
06-17-10, 00:38
Look what the cat drug in to our recent nighttime Carbine shoot....

SPESHUL!

http://i50.tinypic.com/w98ehl.jpg

Yes, those are tabs on Tiger Stripe BDU's. Sigh...

http://i49.tinypic.com/4qfvo5.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/bhhz0x.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/2z6ca6b.jpg

I need a cool callsign for the back of my cap...maybe "King Salami" :cool:

variablebinary
06-17-10, 01:00
Look what the cat drug in to our recent nighttime Carbine shoot....

SPESHUL!

Yes, those are tabs on Tiger Stripe BDU's. Sigh...

I need a cool callsign for the back of my cap...maybe "King Salami" :cool:

Hmm...he's sporting an SF tab with an airborne tab...mmkay

Nice upper though. HK goodness.

parishioner
06-17-10, 01:12
Hmm...he's sporting an SF tab with an airborne tab...mmkay

Putting the hilarious getup he has on aside, I'm surprised no one told him something about the tabs. That's pretty disrespectful if you ask me.

variablebinary
06-17-10, 01:24
Putting the hilarious getup he has on aside, I'm surprised no one told him something about the tabs. That's pretty disrespectful if you ask me.

An SF trainer put his tab on me just to joke around for a photo op after he tried to kill me on the obstacle course. I felt queasy and deleted the pic as soon as I got home.

I didn't earn it, and had no right to wear it, even in jest.

SteyrAUG
06-17-10, 01:27

I agree.

I'm all for playing army (and I have the BDUs in nearly every flavor to prove it) but there is no rank, insignia or decoration of any kind.

Rule of thumb: If you didn't earn it, you can't wear it. Children under 13 exempted.

Mac5.56
06-17-10, 02:46
I really hope that a pair of black Carhartt double knees and a t-shirt never falls into the mall ninja realm or else I will be in this thread...

Honestly though, I never ever see these people. I see kids under 15 that dress like this from time to time, but I have never seen someone get this kitted out to go shooting at a range. What are they thinking???

kry226
06-17-10, 05:36
I am going to go out on a limb and assume that it's a well-documented fact that this guy wasn't SF in a former life, correct?

orionz06
06-17-10, 06:05
I am going to go out on a limb and assume that it's a well-documented fact that this guy wasn't SF in a former life, correct?

I hope so, otherwise I would feel bad.

On another note, words cannot describe how serious the man looks. He does have the pilot mustache though.

Littlelebowski
06-17-10, 06:14
Oh, wow. Where was this at? Love the knife mounted above his ass.

randolph
06-17-10, 06:34
Oh, wow. Where was this at? Love the knife mounted above his ass.

thats for those hard to reach itches :p

variablebinary
06-17-10, 06:34

You'd think someone that goes through the effort becoming a Green Beret would know not to wear an airborne tab with it

I know a moron that was outed for making the same mistake because he wore a Mountain and SF tab together

Then you have the tiger stripes, knife on the back, and stupid call sign on the hat to deal with...

kry226
06-17-10, 07:18
You'd think someone that goes through the effort becoming a Green Beret would know not to wear an airborne tab with it

I know a moron that was outed for making the same mistake because he wore a Mountain and SF tab together

Then you have the tiger stripes, knife on the back, and stupid call sign on the hat to deal with...

Yes, I understand all the "equipment" that points to "ninja status," but I must ask, what's the faux pas with the Airborne tab with the long tab, assuming he was a GB, of course. That's the only configuration I have ever seen those patches, unless the SF guy was assigned to a non-SF, non-Airborne unit.

Smuckatelli
06-17-10, 07:35
If those are USGI uniforms, he shouldn't be wearing them, it is illegal. If those are Army/Navy surplus 'fake' USGI uniforms, aside from looking like a Mall Ninja, no problem.

Specific to the tabs, stolen valor covers that.

Moose-Knuckle
06-17-10, 08:19
Okay since we are now off topic of Mall Ninjas...

The wearing of mulitple special skills tabs:

PRESIDENT'S HUNDRED, SPECIAL FORCES, RANGER, SAPPER.

SFC Lopez (RIP)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/SFTABS.jpg

Is AIRBORNE considered a special skills tab?

Littlelebowski
06-17-10, 08:22
What's the name on the back of his cap?

ralph
06-17-10, 08:30

Hmmm,Very hard to make out looks like it could be "rocksnake"???? looking again,a R(possible"B")OCK??...I don't know....may as well be "simpleton' though...

Skyyr
06-17-10, 08:52

It reads "SOLID SNAKE."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_Snake

What a freaking moron.

ralph
06-17-10, 09:23
It reads "SOLID SNAKE."

What a freaking moron.

You clearly have better eyes than I have Skyyr... Solid Snake?? curiosity got the better of me, and I followed your link. I have to agree, freaking moron..

variablebinary
06-17-10, 09:25

As I was. My brain was in late night MI mode for a moment, where you would not wear SF and Airborne together.

Airborne is integral to SF SSI

chadbag
06-17-10, 10:04
At least he was not wearing MultiCam

jklaughrey
06-17-10, 11:47
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://larrycorreia.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/mall-ninja.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D79487&h=600&w=750&sz=106&tbnid=AUaxrh-35pRIyM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=141&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmall%2Bninjas&hl=&usg=__qlsBzHLBEbzk71d_VPtulYnBl5A=&sa=X&ei=t1AaTO-fBMi9ngfis_C8Cg&ved=0CCkQ9QEwAw

My breakfast will never be the same after this!

Sparky5019
06-17-10, 17:11
To paraphrase the late George Carlin...

I stand in awe because those in the above video are stunningly full of shit!

I even think I threw up in my mouth a little!:D

Sparky

SteyrAUG
06-17-10, 17:44

?!?!

I've seen a few triple canopies.

Special forces, airborne, ranger. And this is on base, not the airsoft field.

parishioner
06-17-10, 18:00
?!?!

I go to school near Camp Shelby and just last week as I was eating a burrito at a local restaurant, about 9 or 10 Green Berets walked in wearing their ACU's. They all had the airborne tab with their Special Forces tab above it.

kry226
06-17-10, 18:06
?!?!

I go to school near Camp Shelby and just last week as I was eating a burrito at a local restaurant, about 9 or 10 Green Berets walked in wearing their ACU's. They all had the airborne tab with their Special Forces tab above it.

Easy, gents. The good sir had a brain fart and subsequently corrected himself.

As I was. My brain was in late night MI mode for a moment, where you would not wear SF and Airborne together.

Airborne is integral to SF SSI

parishioner
06-17-10, 18:16

My bad. I hadn't seen that post. I also didn't even know the correct way to arrange the tabs. I was more or less just stating what I saw and was waiting for a confirmation or a critique.

SteyrAUG
06-17-10, 18:36

Missed it. And I wasn't trying to beat him up, I was genuinely confused.

kry226
06-17-10, 19:04
My bad. I hadn't seen that post. I also didn't even know the correct way to arrange the tabs. I was more or less just stating what I saw and was waiting for a confirmation or a critique.

Missed it. And I wasn't trying to beat him up, I was genuinely confused.

I am sure no one suspects any malice, least of all VB. :)

kry226
06-17-10, 19:16

I believe Moose above gave the correct order of precedence for special skills tabs. The Airborne tab is not a special skill tab, but is part of the SSI or shoulder sleeve insignia, along with the arrowhead part of the patch. Same goes for the 82nd, the 101st, and for 10th Mountain with their Mountain tab. This is not an all-inclusive list.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled Mall Ninja gawking. :D

Moose-Knuckle
06-19-10, 09:56
Okay this guy (or gal) might be the very first mall-ninja. :eek:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/Parrot-and-AK47.jpg

jklaughrey
06-19-10, 10:27

Mom?, Dad? why are you on the internet?

J/K

JLM
06-19-10, 19:21

Umm, I pretty much knew we had a 'fail' when the cat was hitting low at the 3 yard line. Pesky height over bore and all that :cool:

noops
06-19-10, 20:29
It is always amazing to me how the a hooting community brings out the best in some, and the worst in some. I suppose that's probably true of most communities, but firearms it seems to apparent.

Whatta pairmof ass hats.

Bobert0989
06-20-10, 03:40
At least he was not wearing MultiCam

Yeah, then you wouldn't have even seen him there, just bullets flying down-range from a mysterious nothingness... wait...

Is multi-cam supposed to be good? :rolleyes:

chadbag
06-20-10, 09:29
Yeah, then you wouldn't have even seen him there, just bullets flying down-range from a mysterious nothingness... wait...

Actually the thought was different. Thanks, though.

DacoRoman
06-20-10, 10:43

That has to be, possibly, the most awesome picture in the Universe..LMAO

And they aren't mall ninjas, they are just Freedom Lovin' Americans!...and, apparently, parrot lovers.

theblackknight
06-20-10, 11:08

Wow, I dare a lefty to get proper eye relief on that scope:eek:, you'll have a nice, rough make-out session with the charging handle.

GermanSynergy
06-20-10, 20:16

He kinda looks like Ron Jeremy.

JLM
06-20-10, 22:10
Actually the thought was different. Thanks, though.

Actually his buddy was wearing MultiCam. Soooo, he at least gets SOME points for fashion 'sense' :o

The_War_Wagon
06-21-10, 17:59
Those knives work pretty good for frog gigging and the random coon killin...:D

Or picking skunk remnants from the tread of your 4x4 M/T's! :p

Magic_Salad0892
06-22-10, 07:16
It reads "SOLID SNAKE."

What a freaking moron.

Call me stupid.

Those games are great. :)

Littlelebowski
06-22-10, 08:49
Actually his buddy was wearing MultiCam. Soooo, he at least gets SOME points for fashion 'sense' :o

So where did this happen and did anyone point and laugh?

Skyyr
06-22-10, 09:10
Call me stupid.

Those games are great. :)

Oh yeah, no doubt; the games might be great, but trying to look like (and even go by the same name as) your favorite video game hero? During a live-fire carbine course? Someone needs a reality check. Or a mirror so they can see how retarded they look.

Outlander Systems
06-25-10, 06:03
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/11/18/ninja-fail.jpg

orionz06
06-25-10, 06:07
[IMG]http://www.geekologie.com/2009/11/18/ninja-fail.jpg[/IMGm]

Where does one begin to describe the wrong in this image? A Capt. Picard facepalm wont even touch this pic.

http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww254/thrall89/Facepalm.jpg

Moose-Knuckle
06-25-10, 07:01
http://i725.photobucket.com/albums/ww254/thrall89/Facepalm.jpg

Those Chinese regulars don't have shit on China's Segway Ninjutsu clan...

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a144/AKS-74/chinesesegwayninjas.jpg

kry226
06-25-10, 14:47
http://www.geekologie.com/2009/11/18/ninja-fail.jpg

Yeah...um...that's pretty much the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

PrivateCitizen
06-25-10, 14:57
Yeah...um...that's pretty much the most disgusting thing I've ever seen.

Seriously, right?

Who puts TP on the refreshment table?
;)