PDA

View Full Version : Taking an SP1 into the stone age

emfourbinator
06-03-10, 10:39
I'd like to go as far back as possible with this piece, which was built in 1975. Already have a push pin
conversion on the front, and a three prong F/S. Just added a non trapped buttstock, and an M14
seatbelt era sling. We have a start, but I'm sure we can go back further. I believe someone is doing
either new duck bill F/S's or converting them over from later three prong models. Any one have a
source for solid carrier pins and early bolt stops?? Suggestions are welcome here! I'd like to take
her back to just short of a frizzen stall, and wood tompion.:)

LonghunterCO
06-04-10, 18:58
Go to Nodak Spud site and look at their Retro AR receivers. Down towards the bottom of the page you will see some on the retro parts (new manf.) from Heat-n-beat and .45brovo. I have Heat-n-beat push pins, bolt stop, mag release, and selector on my Nodak 601 lower/build. Good stuff.

Brick
06-04-10, 21:10
Yep, Heat-n-Beat is the man! He has the bolt stop, selector rear take down pins, probly other stuff!

45bravo has the early duckbill FH but has been very hard to get a hold of lately from what I have read.

Brick

skyugo
06-16-10, 23:43
oh too cool! nodak has triangular mid length handguards :D

Ding
06-17-10, 22:47
get some dimpled pins,mag latch etc,the duck bill,chromed BCG,get your stock and forward triangles painted colt 601 green,slick side lower,(NDS)thin pistol grip(painted green of course),that should get ya pretty close to a 601.

I don't know if you go all out with bayo, bipod,web gear,waffle mags and all that but is a kick in the patoot to collect

now those NDS middy triangles would be for a 607,now that's another fun gun.

emfourbinator
06-21-10, 11:24
Could a duck bill F/S be found hiding inside a later three prong hider,
as I can't get a connection as yet for .45 bravo. It does not have
to be exactly 100% perfect for this weapon in any event.

99HMC4
06-21-10, 11:42
Along these lines, my Dad is restoring an SP1 and would like a referance site to make sure all the parts are correct for that year. Any good site for this?

LonghunterCO
06-21-10, 13:32
Along these lines, my Dad is restoring an SP1 and would like a referance site to make sure all the parts are correct for that year. Any good site for this?

http://98.196.65.94/retroblackrifle/index.html

jmr
07-31-10, 10:40
The website has allot of cool info on it.

LonghunterCO
07-31-10, 15:24
The website has allot of cool info on it.

Pretty much the Bible on Retro.

peabody
08-29-10, 22:30
Pretty much the Bible on Retro.

Amen.