PDA

View Full Version : Buffer question...

WartHog
06-03-10, 15:28
I'm thinking about purchasing a BCM 16" m4 upper,and was wondering what buffer should i run with this upper?I've read so many different answers to this i really don't know which way to go.I was thinking about an H2 buffer ,if anyone could give me any insight into this i would greatly appreciate it.

Eric Cartman
06-03-10, 18:04
I believe you should be running the heaviest buffer your Carbine can reliably work with. There are H buffers, H2 buffers, H3 buffers, Spikes ST-T2 buffer (which I believe falls between and H2 and H3) and the 9mm buffers. I've been running a 9mm buffer, along with a M16 BCG in my Carbine for a few years now, with absolutely no problems. I've run IMI 223, RORG 5.56, and am currently running Guat 5.56.

You can also use this as a guide if you decide to experiment with different buffers

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g94/keokicg/ARejectionpattern.jpg

WartHog
06-03-10, 18:54
Eric Cartman,Thanks for the reply and the diagram.

Argus
06-03-10, 20:57
Cartman's advice is good and that's a cool diagram. It would be best if you've got some buffers to play around with to see which one works best. If not, for a 16" system I would probably start with an H buffer and see how it goes. An H2 induced short stroking in my 6920 but works fine in my SBR.