PDA

View Full Version : Low Pro GB for Colt 6724

rougeqc21
06-03-10, 20:21
Hey all, I just picked up a 6724, my first AR. I am a bolt guy but have done my initial research.

So I am replacing the hand guard with a Badger Stabilizer, and figured I would change the gas block while I was at it. Already got both off and ordered a LaRue block. The Larue is on fairly loose, no tightness at all and knowing that I am going to need to dimple the barrel I just do not think the mate between the GB and Barrel is tight enough.

I am thinking of returning it but wanted advice. Since the barrel is already drilled for a taper pin should I stick to the stock setup? I tried to remove the roll pin for the gas tube and messed the pin up (though that does not affect anything I suppose), so it is stuck on, but I have an extra rifle length gas tube...

Is there a nice replacement GB that will fit the taper holes already present?

Thanks

Belmont31R
06-03-10, 20:47
If the handguards cover the GB just have the stock FSB cut down. If its exposed the LaRue is good about covering up the front taper pin hole in the barrel. You want it dimpled if possible, and Id recommend sending it off to be done with someone who knows what they are doing.

rougeqc21
06-03-10, 21:41
The stock GB does not have a sight post. The BRD jig seems easy enough to use. Does nothing fit in the stock taper holes?

logan09
06-03-10, 22:45
The stock GB does not have a sight post. Does nothing fit in the stock taper holes?

? Was it cut down(Whats wrong with it/why change it. They will all perform the same? Also, it might be hard to find a gb that fits the holes that are already drilled. Edit* Just looked, they are a cut down FSB. I would keep this on, as its original, and less likely to have gas leaks.

rougeqc21
06-04-10, 02:30
Well, it seems like some sense has been knocked into me. The LaRue seems unnecessary and I reinstalled the colt GB and it will perform fine. Cleaned it up and looks good as new. I might have been too caught up in the look thinking better product quality meant performance... Sigh. It's my first black rifle so maybe it's just the bug.

Thanks for y'alls input.

http://www.aitank.com/black.jpg