PDA

View Full Version : NEW BCG ??

kg6mti
05-23-07, 23:49
I just received a new bolt carrier group and I am a little concerned. The BCG is suppose to be a LMT MPI. It was delivered wrapped only in some bubble wrap. There are no marking on it to specify what it really is.

Should there be or is there any way to be sure that I actually received what I ordered?

Thanks!

tikkafan
05-24-07, 00:35
Aren't all LMT bolts MPI'ed?

If you got it from a legit dealer I wouldn't sweat it.

Shihan
05-24-07, 01:52
They come bubble wrapped from LMT.

BravoCompanyUSA
05-24-07, 06:26
It can be hard to ID bolt carrier groups. Generally they don't have many/any markings.

A dealer probably could ID it, but only because they have handled thousands of them. Baring any markings, there is a slight difference in the way certain companies stake the key, type of key, type of fastener, misc marking on the bolt, etc.

99.9% of LMT BCG come test fired (multiple rounds),
Since late last year, all came with a o-ring
Some of the bolts have the letters MP machined into them
Some bolts have the letter E machined into them
Some other bolts have maybe F or ? machined into them (can't remember right now)
Sometimes come in bubble wrap bags, or sometimes clear poly sleeves, or sometimes not.
All gas keys are chrome lined

C4IGrant
05-24-07, 08:20
I just received a new bolt carrier group and I am a little concerned. The BCG is suppose to be a LMT MPI. It was delivered wrapped only in some bubble wrap. There are no marking on it to specify what it really is.

Should there be or is there any way to be sure that I actually received what I ordered?

Thanks!

LMT BCG's have MP stamped on the bolt and usually another letter on the side (L, R, etc).

LMT bolts also have a black extractor insert and a Crane O-Ring as well so they are pretty easy to ID.

C4

C4IGrant
05-24-07, 08:21
It can be hard to ID bolt carrier groups. Generally they don't have many/any markings.

A dealer probably could ID it, but only because they have handled thousands of them. Baring any markings, there is a slight difference in the way certain companies stake the key, type of key, type of fastener, misc marking on the bolt, etc.

99.9% of LMT BCG come test fired (multiple rounds),
Since late last year, all came with a o-ring
Some of the bolts have the letters MP machined into them
Some bolts have the letter E machined into them
Some other bolts have maybe F or ? machined into them (can't remember right now)
Sometimes come in bubble wrap bags, or sometimes clear poly sleeves, or sometimes not.
All gas keys are chrome lined

Paul is of course 100% correct. The LMT gas key bolts are also a dead give away.

C4