PDA

View Full Version : Nosler Bullets

Dirk Williams
06-04-10, 09:16
Im sad to report that Nosler Bullet manufacturing in Bend Oregon blew up yesterday. Happy to report everybody got out with zero injuries according to the news.

Ive emailed some friends who work there to find out the skinny.No return mail yet.

D Williams

jklaughrey
06-04-10, 12:17
That sucks, guess those in circulation will be at a premium price. God bless the workers and their families.

FromMyColdDeadHand
06-04-10, 13:08
Do they load rounds there? What in the bullet manufacturing process would lead to an explosion?

Dirk Williams
06-04-10, 13:32
I don't know for sure, if the building that blew up is the actual loading house. I could only report on what the news said last night. I would bet that half of that was wrong.

They did show the building and it was certainly AFU. Nosler is a fairly well known bullet maker and in the past few years taken up custom loading.

I was sharing with someone last week that a friend there at Nosler had sent me some custom 338lm stuff, I found it very accurate. Sadly I needed to order more for this summer.

D Williams

Dirk Williams
06-04-10, 13:41
One of our guys on the M4 site from Bend Oregon "HD" just PM'ed me with the following update regarding Nosler.

HD wrote that he drove by Nosler yesterday morning on his way to work and that it appeared that the old building was the building the explosion was in." They recently move or built a new facility"

HD was able to share that the custom shop" He said the actual name, I just forgot" is in the new building while perhaps a small amount off the custom stuff being done in the old building which exploded.

HD I hope I got that right. Thanks for sharing.

D Williams