PDA

View Full Version : I bought a box of WWB 45acp "personal protection" HP's

kal
06-04-10, 11:36
I opened the box to see the ammo and some of the rounds are dirty, like they have been shot before and have what appears to be carbon blotches on them as well as on the rim.

What the hell is this? Are these factory reloads? I don't think it says that on the box.

Don't have pics but I'm sure you guys have seen what a spent casing looks like. That's how some of these rounds look.

Purchased from wal mart, btw.

GermanSynergy
06-09-10, 20:32
I opened the box to see the ammo and some of the rounds are dirty, like they have been shot before and have what appears to be carbon blotches on them as well as on the rim.

What the hell is this? Are these factory reloads? I don't think it says that on the box.

Don't have pics but I'm sure you guys have seen what a spent casing looks like. That's how some of these rounds look.

Purchased from wal mart, btw.

Posting pics would be helpful if you can do so.

kal
06-09-10, 21:56
ehhhhh.....already fired them.:)

Pumpkinheaver
06-10-10, 16:23
I have gotten WWB .45 that resembled what you are talking about. It has never affected performance from what I can tell.

Littlelebowski
06-10-10, 17:56
Got shot with one of those :D

RD62
06-10-10, 20:11

I believe it left more than a mark too if I remember correctly.

Hope it's doing well.

-RD62

Pumpkinheaver
06-10-10, 22:10

Glad you are still with us!!! I don't mean to hijack the thread but I'm sure there is a story behind this. I'm new here care to share?

vigilant2
06-11-10, 17:50
Wow! You found .45ACP ammo at walmart?
Down here in South Florida its virtually non-existant! All the
9mm or .40cal you want, but no .45.
Anyway, I have 2 boxes of that stuff , left over from the
4 boxes I purchased at Wallyworld about 2 1/2 yrs ago, all
the rounds look fine to me, no issues with the 100 rnds I
fired about 3 months ago.

kal
06-11-10, 19:08
Wow! You found .45ACP ammo at walmart?
Down here in South Florida its virtually non-existant! All the
9mm or .40cal you want, but no .45.
Anyway, I have 2 boxes of that stuff , left over from the
4 boxes I purchased at Wallyworld about 2 1/2 yrs ago, all
the rounds look fine to me, no issues with the 100 rnds I
fired about 3 months ago.

I check 5 wal marts every wednesday and friday morning. That's when the truck comes and delivers ammo. They usually stock them at around 8:00am-10:00am. I will usually leave at about 10-11am and will take 1 and a half to 2 hours to complete the round trip.

There's no garauntee that there will be 45acp being delivered in the first place. There's not enough to go around so the distribution center sends the case of ammo to a specific wal mart and the others get nothing.

So far, here's how it's been. There are about 8 supply days in a month.

For federal and wwb 45acp, I see some on the shelf 3 out of 8 supply days. REMEMBER THAT'S 3/8 OUT OF ALL 5 WAL MARTS TOGETHER, NOT EACH ONE BY THEMSELVES!!!! :eek: As you can see, some of the wal marts where I live get NOTHING in 45acp the whole freakin' month. On top of that, the delivery practically never lasts into the next day.

That's how bad the 45acp situation is up here. Unless you go to a gun store, $30 per 50rds. :mad: