PDA

View Full Version : Now I own my first Glock and.....

Currahee320
06-04-10, 17:24
Ok folks, so I have been married to my Sig 229R for quite some time, but after doing some plinking with a friends G23 I was impressed. I went down the next day and purchased a G19...I put 200 rounds through it last weekend and I have hardly been able to put it down since...simply put, I am in love...I still love the Sig, but I am now a Glock believer!!!! Just thought I would share.....

Grant

CoryCop25
06-04-10, 17:36
Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life!
I am actually in the process of selling all of my handguns and replacing them with Glocks. I own a Kahr K40 a H&K P7M8 and a Walther P22 for my son. Everything else is a Glock. Two pistols I wanna take a look at are the M&P Mid size 45 and either an LCP or 642 (I can't shoot revolvers for sh#*).

loupav
06-04-10, 22:49
For those who can't GLOCK, HK! ;)

Congrats, glad you're happy.

Argus
06-04-10, 22:56
I was an anti-Glock guy for a long time. Then about 5 years ago I picked up a G26 on a whim. Haven't looked back since. That G26 is now my daily companion (except when I'm carrying my G19). One of these days I'll probably pick up a 17 to round it out.

There are some other great platforms out there, but you won't go wrong with a Glock.

bkb0000
06-04-10, 23:01
i was an anti-glock douchebag for a long time, too. back when i had opinions on things i had zero experience with. all it took was putting five 10-round magazines through a glock 19, and i was immediately and irreversibly sold.

GotAmmo
06-04-10, 23:09
For those who can't GLOCK, HK! ;)

I love love love my USP45

But I too am a new G27 owner.. and am enjoying putting rounds thru it

DacoRoman
06-04-10, 23:13
Congratulations, happy, safe and effective shooting.

My first ever semiauto handgun was a Glock 17, so I kind of just take Glocks for granted as being a default solid handgun.

The biggest problem with Glocks is the immature and amateurish doofus Glock owners out there posturing about how their gun is da best, and "welcome to the Dark Side", and all of that noise :)

D. Christopher
06-04-10, 23:24
Congratulations Grant,

You've made a wise choice that should serve you well. I was a 1911A1 guy all my life and had ignored Glocks for over 20 years until a few years ago. Once I actually spent time with a G19 I was hooked, and now it never leaves my side.

R/

Dave

skyugo
06-04-10, 23:33
simple as a hammer, and works awesome...what's not to like :D

i gave my G19 and G26 some lovin tonight. 200 rounds. back on Unique powder, that stuff is so clean, smooth and flash free in 9mm. old unique was dirty i guess, the new stuff is very clean. i guess it flashes like crazy in 45.

Dunderway
06-05-10, 17:51
They feel very different at first. I was one of the many that passed judgement on Glocks due to shooting one mag out of one every once in a while. "They feel weird, and I can't shoot them".

Last summer I got to run a few hundred rounds through a G22. Once I really got used to the grip and trigger reset, I realized how effective these things are. I now shoot my G19 much better than my massaged 1911.

skipper49
06-05-10, 18:14
I bought my first Glock in the 80's and have had a few since. I've weeded them all out now but two 19's and a 26, all Gen 3's. I love my wheelguns and 1911's, but feel no need for a fighting handgun other than one of those three Glocks. I'll be adding another 26 as soon as I can.

Skip

Infidel74
06-05-10, 18:37
My first gun was a 2nd gen Glock 21 I love it. Still have it and its my main gun. :D

OPPFOR
06-05-10, 18:55
I started to hate glocks when I first saw a picture of one.....very stupid I know.

Now it seems all I own are glocks.

FindCover
06-05-10, 20:10
When you get to 6 let me know . The lone 1911 still holds its own among the Austrian step children .

I did have a Sig problem for a few years so I know how you feel .

loupav
06-05-10, 21:13
I love love love my USP45

But I too am a new G27 owner.. and am enjoying putting rounds thru it

I was just having some fun. I just came back from the range with my HK45. But I have a G19 and G34 in the safe. I had a G21SF but sold it. Glocks are great weapons. But HKs work well for me.

GAST
06-05-10, 21:46
I have 2 Glocks and have always enjoyed shooting them, but the palm swell in the back was a little out of place for my hand. On a whim, I had the rear swell on one (G17) removed at a custom shop, and it made a huge difference in the comfort of shooting it for me. What I saw on paper confirmed it. I immediately took my G19 in to have the same thing done. The ability to make great handgun work even better for me is what will keep me going back to a Glock. Enjoy it! ;)

skyugo
06-05-10, 22:35
They feel very different at first. I was one of the many that passed judgement on Glocks due to shooting one mag out of one every once in a while. "They feel weird, and I can't shoot them".

Last summer I got to run a few hundred rounds through a G22. Once I really got used to the grip and trigger reset, I realized how effective these things are. I now shoot my G19 much better than my massaged 1911.

the glock 19 has always pointed pretty nicely for me, but when i first bought mine i was considering doing some trigger work and this and that... the more i shoot it, the more i appreciate it.

gumby223
06-09-10, 06:53
Welcome to the first day of the rest of your life!

My thoughts exactly!

willowofwisp
06-09-10, 09:57
I too was an anti-glock guy for a long time..then i shot one and carried one for awhile and i do like the glock but since moved onto the m&p

Jabroni
06-09-10, 12:10
I too am a Glock convert. To everyone that does not like them....shoot one.

Dunderway
06-11-10, 21:43
the glock 19 has always pointed pretty nicely for me, but when i first bought mine i was considering doing some trigger work and this and that... the more i shoot it, the more i appreciate it.

I had to texture my receiver due to my insanely sweaty hands, but I am completely happy now.

Heartland Hawk
06-11-10, 23:02
I am a glock convert too now. For some reason, when I pick one up, it just feels like home in my hand. Now I own 5. And for you sweaty hand shooters, try a Glock with the RTF. It really sticks in your hand without being uncomfortable.

I knew a guy that had a Glock with the RTF and the texture was a little too "aggressive" for him, so he knocked it down just a tad with some fine grain garnet paper. Now he swears by it.

Fyrhazzrd
06-12-10, 12:28
I've been considering a glock for a while now, but I am torn between a Glock 27 and an M&P 40. I'm so confused it has completely derailed my purchase. They both have pros and cons, but I am just unable to make a decision.

Curare
06-12-10, 16:42
My first handgun was a Glock when I was 22, 12 years ago. As time goes on I appreciate the Glock design more and more. It's a marvelous piece of engineering--to do so much with so few parts, so reliabily and for so long.

jsbcody
06-12-10, 17:03
Ok folks, so I have been married to my Sig 229R for quite some time, but after doing some plinking with a friends G23 I was impressed. I went down the next day and purchased a G19...I put 200 rounds through it last weekend and I have hardly been able to put it down since...simply put, I am in love...I still love the Sig, but I am now a Glock believer!!!! Just thought I would share.....

Grant

The "Path to the Dark Side" begins like this: You have the G19 now and you will start to think about a G26 or G17. Once you have one, you will get the other to complete the set. Then you will start to look at other caliber Glocks.....maybe a G22 or G21sf, or even a G20sf. Then you will want more and before you know it, you are carrying and shooting a G38 .45 GAP............Welcome to the Dark Side. :D

Dunderway
06-12-10, 17:10
I am a glock convert too now. For some reason, when I pick one up, it just feels like home in my hand. Now I own 5. And for you sweaty hand shooters, try a Glock with the RTF. It really sticks in your hand without being uncomfortable.

I knew a guy that had a Glock with the RTF and the texture was a little too "aggressive" for him, so he knocked it down just a tad with some fine grain garnet paper. Now he swears by it.

It's honestly so easy to do yourself that I will never own another polymer pistol that doesn't see a session with a wood burner. I prefer do leave some dead skin in my grips, as opposed to having it torque in my hand at the end of a long hot session.

They are cheap guns built for function, so I see it very differently than taking your first shot a checkering a nice 1911.

Make it work, then drive on!

DocH
06-12-10, 19:37
I've used about everything there is or was in a law enforcement career and as a civilian,to include numerous good 1911's.
As a civi now I have found that the 9mm Glocks just make sense for my lifestyle and circumstances and give me all I believe I need in a defensive pistol. Some classic older guns rest hidden away,and the pistols that pull duty now are three 2nd Gen Glock 19's,a G26,and a G17. After a lifetime of trying everything,I don't really want or need anything else. I think the G19 is the best do everything pistol ever made.

og556
06-12-10, 21:23
The Glock 19 is the best.

I have shot and sold sigs, HK's, S&W's, G17's, and a few G19's. I keep coming back to one G19. There are pistols I can shoot better but the Glock 19 is the ultimate balance of speed, accuracy, light weight, and easy to conceal for me.

Just a piece of advice though. Do not ever sell your Glock 19. I can almost guarantee you would regret it.