PDA

View Full Version : Specter Gear Last Resort Belt (LRB) – Double Thickness

bsf
06-05-10, 21:53
I have a Wilderness 5-stitch that has served me admirably for years. Need another belt and am simply looking at other options. Application is casual dress with un-tucked shirt.

Anyone running it?
If so, how do you like it?
Saw a post elsewhere indicating it is extremely thick. Will thickness be an issue with some stuff like Bladetech Tek-Lok or some loops?

ST911
06-06-10, 18:31
I have a Wilderness 5-stitch that has served me admirably for years. Need another belt and am simply looking at other options. Application is casual dress with un-tucked shirt.

Anyone running it?
If so, how do you like it?
Saw a post elsewhere indicating it is extremely thick. Will thickness be an issue with some stuff like Bladetech Tek-Lok or some loops?

I have a double-thickness LRB. It's not so thick that I haven't been able to use it with a variety of holsters, including a BT. It runs through loops on all my various pants, too.

bsf
06-06-10, 20:20
I have a double-thickness LRB. It's not so thick that I haven't been able to use it with a variety of holsters, including a BT. It runs through loops on all my various pants, too.
Thanks for the reply. That is good to know.

ST911
06-06-10, 22:41
Afterthought: My belt is from their CQB Solutions days, and is an early offering. I've not seen recent production.

SmokeJumper
06-07-10, 18:50
I've got 2 of the double thickness LRB belts. Not bad kit and the thickness worked just fine for my IWB holsters. The belt was not too thick for belt loops on OWB holsters as well. However, mine are also from the CQB Solution days. The new ones should be the same, new colors and different label.

Steve
06-08-10, 22:05
get an ares gear belt

bsf
06-09-10, 21:10
Considered them. Ranger belt looks nice. Ordered the LRB. It is a backup belt.

bsf
06-25-10, 11:18
Just a quick update with initial impressions. Wore it a bit. Since it is 1.75” vs. the Wilderness 1.5”, you obviously need to take into consideration fitment issues. I can run my VM2 w/ 1.5” loops, but it is tight. The double-thickness is not an issue w/ Bladetech Tek-Lok or a V70 Surefire holster. Quality appears good. Seems like a good value as it only cost $28.50 shipped. Not much to say; it is just a rigger belt. I do not think I need any possible added stiffness afforded by the extra .25”, so in the future I will probably just stick with 1.5” belts. Overall, seems like a good value if your gear will work on a 1.75” belt.