PDA

View Full Version : Factory reloads!

tvfreakarms
06-06-10, 05:46
What are you thoughts on factory reloads that are Non Corrosive, Boxer Primed, Brass Case, Reloadable, Made in the U.S.A?
I have to find the website again but they are selling 1k for $302 shipped. The reloads are for the .223 and the link to that website is:
outdoor marksman reloads (http://www.outdoormarksman.com/product_info.php?cPath=65_63_33&products_id=16079)

I wouldn't think they would be any problems.

TOrrock
06-06-10, 07:28
I've never had good luck with factory reloads in anything other than Black Hills.

If it's GA Arms "canned heat", run away.

PLCedeno
06-06-10, 09:26
I have had good experience with Atlanta Arms and Ammo. Its what the Glock Team uses. Let me qualify by saying that my experience is only with the 9mm and 40 S&W. A bit of caution though:if you will be using either the G17 or G22 in Gen4 configuration get major power to ensure reliable cycling.

tvfreakarms
06-06-10, 21:20
I do have factory reload for black hills (blue box). If I decide to get a factory reload (it seems i may not) what are the sign I should look for? Other than the obvious ones.

Norman
06-10-10, 09:37
“Factory Reloads” are just mass produced reloads. Some companies advertise ‘once fired’ brass, but how do you know that. For that matter, how do they know that?
I only shoot reloads from people I trust or companies that have a reputation for quality and standing behind their product. I don’t know that you would have problems with the outdoor marksman ammo, but I don’t know that you wouldn’t. I would pass.

freakshow10mm
06-22-10, 12:17
Outdoor Marksman sells Miwall ammunition. Miwal Corporation sells retail at gun shows and through the online vendor Outdoor Markman.

Several terms have been used with regards to reloaded ammunition assembled and sold by licensed manufacturers. There are a few thousand out there so it's hard to know all of them, since many aren't online and just do local business.

The terms "factory reloads", "factory reloaded", "factory remanufactured", and such to that effect are to distinguish that they come from a licensed manufacturer, not a guy selling them illegally on Gunbroker or gun forums. The "factory" part might not be an automated factory as many would think, but is used to portray a properly licensed business. The process of assembling ammunition is the same no matter if it's on a Dillon progressive or a Camdex or Ammoload automated machine.

tvfreakarms
06-23-10, 05:48
I was at miwall corp (in grass valley cali) and the factory reloads are once fired brass casing that has been reloaded. Well, at least that's what I was told.

ST911
06-23-10, 08:29
The only remanufactured ammunition I trust is Black Hills.

I've always found it odd that certain others will assert that their reman product uses once-fired brass, but when you get your order, they'll remind you to bring your brass back in for a credit.

LuckyGunner.com
06-23-10, 11:31
I've had good luck with the Military Ballistics Industries. Granted I'm a biased opinion, but I've never had anything but positive results from MBI. I've also reloaded the reloaded cases with zero issues. Again a biased opinion but it's my actual experience with MBI ammo.

Happy Shooting