PDA

View Full Version : Surefire X200 problem.

Akoni
05-25-07, 10:35
I bought a new X200B from Grant at the beginning of the year. After getting it and playing with it, I noticed that the you could open the battery compartment with the locking pin in place. This happened while I was taking the light off the pistol. Upon closer inspection, I saw that the battery lock lever sits at an angle and does not fully engage the battery cap. I emailed Grant, who advised that I send it to Surefire. So I borrowed another X200 for an assignment until I could send it away. Well, it just came back in the same way...I think they may have changed the actual switch plate (which was fine and left the body alone which is what seems screwed to me). I'm waiting for CS to open on the west coast but could someone grab their X200 and see if they can get the battery compartment open with the locking pin in place? Maybe they all do it but it doesn't seem right that your batteries may drop out while mounting or dismounting your light.

I'll post up a pic in a little bit.

Akoni
05-25-07, 10:54
Not the greatest pic but it shows what I think is the problem caused by incorrectly drilled pivot pin holes for the battery compartment latch.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o108/Akoni_bucket/x200problem.jpg

Shrike9
05-25-07, 12:20
Stupid question time, what was the reasoning against sending it to grant & having him swap it with a new one, or is this not how customer service is conducted when ya purchase stuff over the internet???

C4IGrant
05-25-07, 14:03
Stupid question time, what was the reasoning against sending it to grant & having him swap it with a new one, or is this not how customer service is conducted when ya purchase stuff over the internet???

The manufacturer warranties their products. Sending it back to me is fine, but often times, I don't don't have another one to send back. The manufacturer does.

Akoni, let me know what SF says about the holes drilled off center.

C4

SuicideHz
05-28-07, 00:29
SF is really getting goofy.

I have an X200A and it came with a Dawson Precision rail installed.

I asked SF in December if I could get the picatinny rails. They said no problem. They never sent them.

I waited until Feb- long after Shot so they'd have plenty of time to slow back down.

I emailed them and asked for the replacement part.

They sent me the triangular plate that has the two pull down tabs.

I emailed and said I needed the rail grabber portion for a picatinny rail since mine fits the dawson.

They sent another of the same locking plate.

Wash rinse repeat.

I now have 3 of those plates. I threw the first 1 away when I received the second one.

I'd like to send them a picture but am afraid it will get blocked by their email server...

Akoni
05-29-07, 11:50
They've issued a new RMA and call tag for the light. I think the photo I sent them helped them understand what was wrong with the light. I'll post up again when I get it back.

Akoni
06-24-07, 15:46
Akoni, let me know what SF says about the holes drilled off center.

C4

They replaced the entire light.

dubb-1
06-24-07, 17:17
Sending a picture is often beneficial. Glad everything worked out.