PDA

View Full Version : Source for 18" 6.8 SPC barrels

JBar
05-25-07, 13:04
Happy Friday.......I'm looking for sources for 18" 6.8 SPC barrels. While I know Noveske is a best bet, this build is for my Father-in-law and the Mrs. has given me a budget. I have had six barrels on order from AR15barrels.com for 14 months without any delivery or refund and don't want to wait any longer. Let me know who you have used and your impressions.

Thanks in advance,

Jbar

DocGKR
05-25-07, 18:44
Kotonics or MSTN have done good work with 18" tubes.

caporider
05-25-07, 22:44
Kotonics or MSTN have done good work with 18" tubes.

+1 for Ko-tonics. $205 for a nice 416SS 1:11 twist 18" midlength with the chamber cut to shoot hot "combat" loads... Can't go wrong.

http://www.securepay.com/easyshop/products.asp?id=5&cat=6.8%20SPC%20Barrels%20and%20Components&mMerch_ID=42167

Tijuana Hitman
06-05-07, 13:20
I have heard good about White Oak Armament

SPECIAL PURPOSE RIFLE (SPR) Match Barrel

White Oak Armament SPECIAL PURPOSE RIFLE (SPR) Match Barrel

This SPR .223mm barrel is the product of the Army's Squad Designated Marksman Rifle Development Program, which was assigned the task of improving the accuracy of the standard issue rifle against targets out to 600 meters. This would allow the valued marksman or sniper the ability to stay concealed within the squad by carrying a weapon that looked similar to the rest. It was found that by carrying a dissimilar rifle, he had become an easily recognizable high-priority target. We offer this barrel to the tactical user or casual shooter interested in the ability hit distant targets with issued or mag length ammunition.

· 18 inch 1:7 twist Match Grade Stainless Steel barrel
· Chambered to give excellent performance and reliability with a wide variety of ammo
· Retains the same sight radius as a standard 20" barrel
· Light weight contour ( total weight of 41 ounces )
· 1/2x28 threaded muzzle to accept standard .223 flash hider or muzzle brake

Barrel only: $258.00

Paulinski
06-05-07, 13:23
+1 for White Oak. I'm going with 18" rifle length gas system barrel from my SPR build.

JBar
06-06-07, 18:11
Thanks all for the suggestions. After speaking with some other 6.8 owners, I found the Ko-Tonics a good choice for a build for my Father-in-Law. I will let you all know how it goes. The barrel is in route and the Duracoat is in the shaker. I just need to find the time to get started on some handloads. Thanks again.

JBar