PDA

View Full Version : My Glock 35, and a few questions for you!

Glockster35
05-25-07, 13:19
This is how she sits today!

http://www.myfilestash.com/userfiles/BoogeyMan/Glock35007small.JPG

Last night I added the Dawson Precision 6.7 oz. Super Heavy Magwell, and added Arredondo +5 base pads to the 5 new magazines I just got.

I also added 5, CR Speed/Rescomp adjustable mag pouches to the belt I plan on training with.

Things I still need to figure out:

1. Which guide rod should I purchase, and what weight springs should I go with, I plan on training with ammunition that meets major standards, but not much more than that! I have a Springco already, and am using it right now, with unknown spring weight.

2. I still have to decide on F/O Sight for the front, has anyone tried the Warren Tactical or Sevingy with their F/O Sight?

3. Replace the Glock Barrel with one from either Lone Wolf or Storm Lake. Anyone with experience with both or either of these barrels?

I am sure I will have more questions as I go!

I already have a Ralph Sotelo Triggerkit.com (is it currently down?) trigger system in it and I love what it has done for me!

one
05-26-07, 00:53
All the Glock 34/35's here run great with the original factory parts installed. With the exception of a set of Warren or Heinie sights I can't imagine changing anything on the pistol.

But to each his own.

M4arc
05-26-07, 05:46
HotRod9mm sells a heck of a nice guide rod for a very good price HERE (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=4051)

I'm sure if you contacted him about a guide rod he could help you get your spring questions answered.

As for the LW barrels, I think they are outstanding! The 9mm conversion barrel that I bought is very accurate...surprisingly accurate. And the LW ported barrels would be perfect for the G35. Like the one they have on the cover of their 2006 catalog. They even come in black now as well.

Robb Jensen
05-26-07, 06:48
Last night I added the Dawson Precision 6.7 oz. Super Heavy Magwell, and added Arredondo +5 base pads to the 5 new magazines I just got.

I also added 5, CR Speed/Rescomp adjustable mag pouches to the belt I plan on training with.

Things I still need to figure out:

1. Which guide rod should I purchase, and what weight springs should I go with, I plan on training with ammunition that meets major standards, but not much more than that! I have a Springco already, and am using it right now, with unknown spring weight.

2. I still have to decide on F/O Sight for the front, has anyone tried the Warren Tactical or Sevingy with their F/O Sight?

3. Replace the Glock Barrel with one from either Lone Wolf or Storm Lake. Anyone with experience with both or either of these barrels?

I am sure I will have more questions as I go!

I already have a Ralph Sotelo Triggerkit.com (is it currently down?) trigger system in it and I love what it has done for me!

Get a tungsten guide rod. GlockStore (http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/7/7046/?return=%3ftpl%3Dindex%26category_id%3D7%26) has a nice one thats flush with the slide on a G34/35. If you don't want to spend that much just get a carbon steel Wolff rod and run 15lb recoil springs. If you use a lighter recoil spring (less flip and faster cycling) use the Wolff reduced power striker and firing pin safety springs as well (your Sotelo kit already came with these. I prefer the Dawson fiber fronts. there better supported down at the bottom of the sight where it sits against the slide (stronger). The Dawson also has a longer fiber rod (it's brighter). I use the Dawson .105" wide fiber fronts (for a Heinie rear) with a Warren rear. I have a set of plain black serrated Sevigny sights on my Glock 31 but prefer the round notch on the Warren. Factory barrels are plenty accurate if this is a USPSA gun (Sevigny uses one). I went to a KKM barrel when I shot a G34 because my reloads would tumble at 10yds in any factory barrel. Anything with standard rifling and the reloads shot well.

You might also think of using Erics TRU-GRIP grip take instead of the Decal grip that you have.

Glockster35
05-26-07, 11:29
Very informative, keep it coming!

I also wanted to add that last night I tried to add the Arredondo followers I bought to the new magazines, but they did not fit properly on my new magaziones. It's ok though, because I upgraded all my older magazines with them, and new +10% springs!

Glockster35
05-26-07, 12:22
I forgot to mention I have been using a Springco recoil reducer with a wolff spring (cannot be sure what weight, but I think it's a 17lb.

Which springs are recommended for this rod? ISMI or Wolff?

I have a few Wolff springs in my kit, a 20, 22 and 24...for whatever reason, I think someone once told me that the heavier the weight the spring, the more recoil it stopped. I bought these about 6 years ago, and just found them when I was working on my pistol!

Andyd
05-27-07, 11:44
I have a Stormlake 4 port in a G34 and it works great. I also have a LWD 9mm and a Stormlake 9mm conversion for a G23, I would give the advantage to LWD. A very slight advantage, though.

Robb Jensen
05-27-07, 13:02
I have a few Wolff springs in my kit, a 20, 22 and 24...for whatever reason, I think someone once told me that the heavier the weight the spring, the more recoil it stopped. I bought these about 6 years ago, and just found them when I was working on my pistol!

Any spring heavier than a standard 17lb spring in a Glock is going to make for more felt recoil and much more muzzle flip. The longer it's out of battery the more you'll feel it. This is why USPSA/IPSC shooters are using lighter springs.

Glockster35
05-27-07, 13:40
As I suspected, this thing shoots like a mule right now! No wonder I suck!

I bought a Storm Lake barrel, and am waiting for it to arrive. Once it does, I will order the springs. I am waiting on a response from Springco right now to see what the recommend spring wise.

I don't know if a flat spring (ISMI) would get hung up on the rod or not!

All the springs I have on hand are round Wolff!

Thanks for the info guys, keep it coming!