PDA

View Full Version : Apple new iPhone revealed @ WWDC today ?

VooDoo6Actual
06-07-10, 07:44
redaction.

Alex V
06-07-10, 08:22
based on the price Ill finalybe able to upgrade from the original iPhone I bought the day it came out.

ForTehNguyen
06-07-10, 08:39
no Verizon no care. No way I would jump to a new network just for a phone.

I like this new design of the iphone better than previous ones. I was never fond of that half elliptical shape, the boxy shape is much better to have additional ports and controls.

dookie1481
06-07-10, 12:06
What are the prices? The 2nd link is down. Site is down before WWDC even began haha

Jay

Littlelebowski
06-07-10, 12:14
I'll be going Droid/Verizon when this contract is up.

ForTehNguyen
06-07-10, 12:27
I'll be going Droid/Verizon when this contract is up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IraQfhlMwi4

Littlelebowski
06-07-10, 12:29
I'm not going to watch it. Can you respond with text?

chadbag
06-07-10, 13:47
pre orders June 15
On sale June 24

iOS (was iPhoneOS upgrades June 21 for 3GS and 3G users -- 3G users have some features that will not be available)

$299 for 32gb
$199 for 16gb
same old AT&T

lots of cool new features

gyroscope added for additional motion sensing

can take HD Video at 30fps with new camera (720p)

iMovie for iPhone will be $4.99

has basic editing built in

bigger better battery

lots of new stuff

chadbag
06-07-10, 13:50
326 ppi.

960x640

---

stainless steel side frame (which acts as antenna as well)

glass front and back

thinner than 3GS

---

"
5x digital zoom in camera app and tap to focus with LED flash.
1.75 micron pixel size in sensor.
Backside illuminated sensor. (similar to high end cameras)
-5 megapixel camera.
-More concerned with better photos than megapixel statistics.
"

chadbag
06-07-10, 13:54
Sorry, missed that HOP had updated .0

Belmont31R
06-07-10, 14:15
No flash player.....:rolleyes:

firecop019
06-07-10, 14:25

LOL, If you even mention FLASH PLAYER around the new 4G it will self destruct.

Are those prices upgrade prices? We are going to switch as soon as our nextel contract is up and I'd like to know how much it's going to hurt :)

ForTehNguyen
06-07-10, 14:26

Are those prices upgrade prices? We are going to switch as soon as our nextel contract is up and I'd like to know how much it's going to hurt :)

Those prices are for iphones with 2 year contracts.

Belmont31R
06-07-10, 14:29

Its still a 3G phone. People are getting confused because its called the Iphone 4 but its still 3G network.

Yeah apple likes to make you use all their programs instead of other people's on their hardware.

Check ATT networks in your area. Im ok in town here but outside of town I barely get anything. I live in a "high saturation" area according to their own maps but still get dropped calls, call failed, missed calls, etc.

ForTehNguyen
06-07-10, 14:36
apple would make a heck of a lot more money if it offered it on all networks. AT&T is the weakest link in that partnership. What would AT&T do if the iphone wasnt exclusive. The party would be over.

chadbag
06-07-10, 14:52

And you honestly expected something different? Apple never has rolled with old crusty technology.

chadbag
06-07-10, 14:54
apple would make a heck of a lot more money if it offered it on all networks. AT&T is the weakest link in that partnership. What would AT&T do if the iphone wasnt exclusive. The party would be over.

That is coming. Especially once Verizon and Sprint ditch their "proprietary" CDMA standards and get on worldwide standards (which is what their 4G stuff is doing eventually).

Right now AT&T is really the only choice in the US. T-Mobile would probably roll over and die if hit by the iPhone data wave and they are the only other GSM provider nationwide and their UMTS (3G) stuff is on a funny 1700mhz band that almost no one else uses in the world.

chadbag
06-07-10, 14:56
Yeah apple likes to make you use all their programs instead of other people's on their hardware.

huh? Apple has the largest 3rd party app store in the world and promotes 3rd party apps like no other company does

Belmont31R
06-07-10, 15:28
And you honestly expected something different? Apple never has rolled with old crusty technology.

Yeah Id like to be able to watch a majority of the video on the web but cant aside from youtube which has to open another program to do.

I don't care if its old. I want to be able to use it, and not some new technology that isn't even close to mainstream.

firecop019
06-07-10, 15:32
huh? Apple has the largest 3rd party app store in the world and promotes 3rd party apps like no other company does

Ah, they just hate Adobe that's all.

Belmont31R
06-07-10, 15:34
That is coming. Especially once Verizon and Sprint ditch their "proprietary" CDMA standards and get on worldwide standards (which is what their 4G stuff is doing eventually).

Right now AT&T is really the only choice in the US. T-Mobile would probably roll over and die if hit by the iPhone data wave and they are the only other GSM provider nationwide and their UMTS (3G) stuff is on a funny 1700mhz band that almost no one else uses in the world.

ATT network sucks. Like I said earlier....Im in one of the high saturation areas, and its crap. What does world wide standards have to do with anything? I don't care what the network is as long as it works. ATT is barely usable. Its ok in the city but if you do any travel expect no reception as soon as you go into a rural area. Ive driven all over the west coast, and you only get anything in large population centers. As soon as you leave it drops off to nothing most of the time, and certainly no 3G.

jaydoc1
06-07-10, 15:41

I get so sick of hearing that. HTML5 (which is what Jobs keeps telling us is what we should all be using instead of Flash) has minimal presence on the web and probably won't for 3 years or so. Flash is the currently accepted standard. Jobs is selling a hydrogen powered car before hydrogen is widely available and telling you you're living in the stone age because you still would like a gas-powered car. No Flash is a passive-aggressive pissing match between Jobs and Adobe pure and simple.

I have iPhones and iPads and they are neutered without it. Doesn't stop me from liking them. I use them and enjoy them everyday. But saying something is true doesn't necessarily make it so. No matter what Jobs would like everyone to think, the internet without Flash is a crippled experience.

Belmont31R
06-07-10, 15:47
I get so sick of hearing that. HTML5 (which is what Jobs keeps telling us is what we should all be using instead of Flash) has minimal presence on the web and probably won't for 3 years or so. Flash is the currently accepted standard. Jobs is selling a hydrogen powered car before hydrogen is widely available and telling you you're living in the stone age because you still would like a gas-powered car. No Flash is a passive-aggressive pissing match between Jobs and Adobe pure and simple.

I have iPhones and iPads and they are neutered without it. Doesn't stop me from liking them. I use them and enjoy them everyday. But saying something is true doesn't necessarily make it so. No matter what Jobs would like everyone to think, the internet without Flash is a crippled experience.

Exactly. Browsing on Apple products would be 100% better with flash.

chadbag
06-07-10, 16:01
There is only one thing I would like Flash for on my iPad -- my son's K12 online school stuff. Otherwise I have not missed it one bit.

And show me one shipping mobile phone or similar device that has decent non buggy flash performance right now.

ForTehNguyen
06-07-10, 17:19
practically every HTC Android phone, all the new HTC phones run it smoothly

chadbag
06-07-10, 17:22
practically every HTC Android phone, all the new HTC phones run it smoothly

has it actually been released? my understanding is that it is supposedly coming this summer.

ForTehNguyen
06-07-10, 17:30
HTC Incredible (Verizon) April 29th. Ive been waiting 3 weeks backorder for mine
HTC Evo 4G (Sprint) June 4th
HTC HD2 (TMobile) March 24th

chadbag
06-07-10, 17:43
HTC Incredible (Verizon) April 29th. Ive been waiting 3 weeks backorder for mine
HTC Evo 4G (Sprint) June 4th
HTC HD2 (TMobile) March 24th

Ok, so it is basically a new thing that just came out. We'll see how well it works and how stable it is. Hope it works well for you.

Enjoy!

I for one won't be sad when Flash dies. Apple's and Microsoft's support of HTML5 and H.264 will push many flash based websites to use the new open technology, not some old proprietary technology for interactivity. It will happen faster than you think. There is a reason why there are browser plugins to strip flash out of websites you visit.