PDA

View Full Version : POSP Scope on M&P 15R ?

vslesarev
06-07-10, 08:18
Hi all,

This would be my first posting on the forums...so please humor my request. How would one go about mounting a Russian pso/posp type scope to an AR upper (without any permanent modification)? Before anyone decides to e-smack me- I am only thinking of doing this because of the quality of these scopes (shot a PSL before and the optic is EXCELLENT for ~$80). Here is a thread with an image of such a monstrosity: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:AfAMUH3HgUAJ:parallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums.yuku.com/topic/34924+scope+for+5.45x39&cd=4&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

P.S. I am totally new to AR rifles, so please forgive my ignorance, but it seems that any quality magnified western optic setups would be in the >$300 range.

Killjoy
06-07-10, 21:26
P.S. I am totally new to AR rifles, so please forgive my ignorance, but it seems that any quality magnified western optic setups would be in the >$300 range.

Probably quite a bit more than that. A Burris XTR can be had for about $600, which the absolute minimum quality I could accept.

I have to admit that your other question is a bit odd. The mounting systems seem incompatible, and the optic is of dubious quality. The individual on the other site seems happy with his setup, so more power to him, but the scope is awfully high, probably too high for most people's tastes.

I would reconsider going cheap on a scope, after all the optic, along with the rifle, ammunition and the shooter, is an integral part of building an accurate bullet launching platform. Good luck to you.

Gutshot John
06-07-10, 21:30
Given the height over boreline, a complete lack of any eye relief (needs to be mounted about 4 inches farther forward), an idiotic cheek weld, not to mention incompatible mounting, I'd say that configuration looks about as useful as a soup sandwich.

No reflection on you at all. Welcome to the site but if you want that scope put it on an AK.

If you want an AR, look for something else.

vslesarev
06-07-10, 21:38
Well I agree with everyone about the shortcomings of that particular setup- I was just hoping someone knew of any other particular way of mounting the scope. Not a big deal though...I guess I'll go with an Eotech/magnification combo. Thank you for your input!

FN in MT
06-08-10, 10:57
FWIW....the POSP even when mounted on an AK lacks eye relief, and is SO HIGH it makes me wonder WHAT they were thinking when they designed it??

FN in MT

vslesarev
06-08-10, 13:20
It does indeed seem that the eye relief is lacking, but the entire system was meant to allow the operator quick use of both scope (left eye) and irons (right eye)...however, in practice, the idea falls short of its intended implementation. I am simply used to the com-bloc designs as that is what I began shooting with.

glen
06-12-10, 07:11
IIRC there are POSP scopes with weaver mounts.

Something like this?:

http://www.binocularsmart.com/scopes/ar-15_m16_weaver_mount_rifle-scopes_8x42W.jpg

More info:
http://www.binocularsmart.com/scopes/ak-akm-rifle-scopes-posp-8x42W-weaver-mount.shtml

BTW, I recall seeing in a forum somewhere that this company might not be in business or selling optics anymore, so please do some research if you are interested in this optic from this vendor, I just happened to have saved some browser links from previous research.