PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint M3 settings question

Impact
05-25-07, 17:13
just got my first Aimpoint (an M3). It says on the manual it has 10 positions ( 4NVD and 6 daylight) but I can only count 9 ?

Does it mean the ON/OFF setting is actually #1 position for the NVD ?

thanks

Impact
05-27-07, 21:48
anybody has an M3 ?

FJB
05-28-07, 01:18
I have an M3 that I have been running for almost two years in a LaRue Tactical Cantilever mount. It has proven itself in hard predeployment training and deployment. Per your question, the battery life is incredibly long due to their Advance Circuit Efficiency Technology thus it never truly needs to be "off". Thus, the "off" setting is setting #1. Don't worry as at that setting the battery life is 500,000 hours (8760 hours/year). Basically the shelf life on a Lithium battery would expire before the M3 sucked 1/5 of the power out of it in that position. Battery life if left constantly at setting 7 is 50,000 hours. Battery life will vary slightly depending upon extreme cold or heat, as will increasing brightness of the red dot. Even still the difference might be four years vice five years. Aimpoint sight battery life is unparalled by any other red dot electronic optic.

S/F

Impact
05-28-07, 01:43
thank you sir.

CarlosDJackal
05-31-07, 13:55
FWIW, I tend to leave my M3 at either the 6th or 7th click from the OFF button. Enjoy!!

Wayne Dobbs
05-31-07, 14:29
I've noted the same thing about there being nine settings on the sight and 10 in the literature. Being a strong believer in Murphy's Law, I turn mine off (an ML3) when not in use.