PDA

View Full Version : WTS: The North Face bugout/Hiking pack and Tents

CBTech
06-08-10, 04:03
This is The North Face Crestone 75. That is 4900 cu/in!!!

This pack is perfect for bugging out. You can fit several MRE's, smartly packed clothes, a tent, and even a collapsed M4. How many other bug out bags can fit a fully assembled rifle? Let's face it, if you ever had to bug out would you want to carry your rifle out in the open? That would scream, "target". This pack also doesn't scream military.
These packs can carry a significant load and it feels like nothing is there. Some packs make the load feel heavier than it even is and that saying is true, you get what you pay for.
This goes for $230.00. I am selling it for $200.00 If you think it's too high let me know. I need to sell it.

* Optifit suspension fit system ensures comfort
* Plush, breathable E-VAP™ back panel
* Unique, dual-pivot hip belt properly distributes load
* Large, side zippered access to main compartment
* Weather resistant hood zipper
* Burly Hypalon reinforcements in key areas
* Large external pockets for quick access to necessities
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh270/hotrodcarters/TNFCrestone.jpg

Here is the write up from some hiking website:
I am an experienced hiker. I've been hiking the A.T. and the trails along the Blue Ridge Parkway (VA) for some time now, and I've become an expert on gear (not trying to brag or nothin). I was looking for a large pack (4600-5500 cu in), and I quickly found that the packs that I was looking for are generally run in the higher end (the Marmot Terraplane, same size as this North Face, cost $369).

When I saw this for the price, I flipped and bought it right then and there. It was delivered via UPS the day after the next day. I might never need another pack. It held my REI Camp Dome 2 tent, my Kelty Tundra +15 sleeping bag (in the seperate sleeping bag compartment), my MSR Pocket Rocket stove and two canisters of fuel, my GCI anonidized aluminum mess kit, my food for two days, my Thermarest Trek Lite sleeping pad, two Nalgenes, my Camelbak bladder, a jumbo bottle of Powerade, and food and clothes for two days in 15 degree weather (a cold front was coming through).

I could not even feel the weight on my back. The hip belt and the shoulder straps balanced the weight so evenly, and the pack compressed so neatly, that I felt like I was strolling down my neighborhood with my school backpack on. I KID YOU NOT--BY THE END OF THE HIKE, MY FRIENDS--ONE HAS A MARMOT TERRAPLANE, ONE HAS AN OSPREY AETHER 85, AND ONE HAS A MILLET ODYSEE 50+10 (A FRENCH PACK)-- ALL WANTED TO GO AND BUY A CRESTONE 75 AFTER SEEING HOW MUCH STUFF I WAS ABLE TO JAM IN HERE AND HOW FAST I WAS MOVING WITH THIS CLOUD (AT LEAST IT FELT LIKE A CLOUD) ON MY BACK.

CBTech
06-08-10, 04:24
Also WTS

The North Face Meadowland 6 BX

MEADOWLAND 6 BX
Home EQUIPMENT TENTS

Color Options
Zinc Grey/Sienna Orange
Additional Images
MEADOWLAND 6 BX

Suggested retail is$429.00 I have to sell this also so I'm letting it go for $360.00.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh270/hotrodcarters/TNFMeadowland6BX.jpg

Sleek, double vestibuled, fast pitching shelter for the family of weekend warriors.

FEATURES:

* Double doors and double vestibules
* Ultralight twist-clip pitch
* S/R rainfly attachment
* Comprehensive color-coded pitch
* Fully seam taped 70D nylon floor
* Low venting with sealable room vents
* Duffel-style storage sack
* Durable steel stake

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh270/hotrodcarters/TNFMeadowland.jpg

# Capacity: 6
# Trail Weight: 13 lbs 7 oz (6.1 kg)
# Floor Area: 89 ft2
# Vestibule Area: front: 12.8 sq ft. rear: 12.8 sq ft.

CBTech
06-08-10, 04:31
Finally, this guy.

http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh270/hotrodcarters/TNFdebug.jpg

A poled mesh bivy for those warm, buggy nights.

FEATURES:

* Includes a full foot pole
* Fully taped nylon bucket floor
* Ultralight MicroClip™ pitch

SPECS:

* Capacity: 1
* Trail Weight: 1 lb 6 oz (0.62 kg)
* Stuffed Size: 16.5” x 5”
* Floor Area: 18.5 ft2
* Fabric: canopy: 20D polyester no-see-um mesh, floor: 70D 210T nylon taffeta with 5000 mm PU coating

Goes for $120.00, I'm selling for $100.00