PDA

View Full Version : Heinie Ledge Straight 8's and Warren Sevigny Carry Sights

madisonsfinest
06-08-10, 12:02
So I have the above mentioned sights on a couple of my glocks. It appears that once I get out beyond 10 yards the sights appear to aim high. I consistently shot high groups with these sights beyond 10yards. Any suggestions? By the way before these sights I shot Trijicon, and Meprolight three dots for 11 years. With all of these sights I have been aligning the front sight between the rear, and align them on the tops of the sights. I'm not shooting at the dot, and if I did wouldn't that just make the poi higher anyway?

HK45
06-09-10, 13:47
I use the Sevigny carry sights. All i can tell you is I have had no issues like this.

madisonsfinest
06-09-10, 15:25
Do you have them on a Gen 4?

HK45
06-09-10, 15:55
Yes, three Gen 4 17's.

javentre
06-09-10, 17:33
So I have the above mentioned sights on a couple of my glocks. It appears that once I get out beyond 10 yards the sights appear to aim high.

This this your issue?

http://www.cpwsa.com/warren_sevigny_sights.htm
"All Glock model Warren Tactical and Sevigny sights are designed for a six o'clock hold with the .215 tall front, or to shoot point of aim/point of impact with the .245 tall front sight."

madisonsfinest
06-10-10, 08:02
javentre thanks for the heads up. I like to shoot poa/poi, and I didn't know that the set up SKDTAC sells is for the 6 o'clock hold position. I wonder if they know that.

HK45
06-10-10, 11:00
I bought mine from skd as well and they don't include this information. I guess it's good that I use a 6 o'clock hold.

Business_Casual
06-10-10, 22:22
I had to hold on the bottom of the paper to get POI in the bull at 25 yards with Warrens. That's why I switched to 10-8s.

Even with 10-8s I had to get the .235 front to use a 6 o'clock hold at 25 yards. Kyle Defoor's Ameriglo sights are POI/POA at 25 yards on my Glock.

If you are using aftermarket sights and "don't have any problem" then you aren't shooting at 25 yards very often.

All this is with 9mm Glocks. I was told, but have no way to verify, that the various "standard" sights are regulated for .40 Glocks. Shrug.

Just get a taller front post.

B_C

JHC
06-13-10, 11:15
This this your issue?

http://www.cpwsa.com/warren_sevigny_sights.htm
"All Glock model Warren Tactical and Sevigny sights are designed for a six o'clock hold with the .215 tall front, or to shoot point of aim/point of impact with the .245 tall front sight."

The tall .245 Warren front sights I got from this very source brought the high impact down to perfect with POA.