PDA

View Full Version : sks and 922r law

fivefivesix
06-08-10, 12:04
im in need of some help fellas. i just traded a lower for an sks . i dont know the year it was manufactured but it is a norinco. should i be concerned about the 922r law, and if so i read that with a milled receiver i have to replace 4 parts. can someone please enlighten me. it doesnt have a bayonet lug as i removed it

Renegade
06-08-10, 12:49
im in need of some help fellas. i just traded a lower for an sks . i dont know the year it was manufactured but it is a norinco. should i be concerned about the 922r law, and if so i read that with a milled receiver i have to replace 4 parts. can someone please enlighten me. it doesnt have a bayonet lug as i removed it

You do not have to do anything to it unless you are going to assemble it into an unimportable firearm.

ForTehNguyen
06-08-10, 12:52
I thought Norincos were fine? I know for Yugo SKS thats been C&Red have to make it US compliant

fivefivesix
06-08-10, 21:26
just curious, what needs to be done to make it uimportable

TOrrock
06-08-10, 22:00
Pistol grip, folding stock, detachable mag.

Basically, don't attach a crap magnet to it and throw it in a Tapco catalog and you'll be fine and not have to do anything to it.

You could have left the bayonet lugs intact as well.

jwperry
06-08-10, 22:05
http://www.victorinc.com/SKS-FAQ.html

This should give you all the information you need about 922r.

fivefivesix
06-08-10, 22:30
thanks fellas you all provided great info. my gun came with a detachable 30 rnd mag wich is no where near the rifle. i want the factory 10 rnd fixed mag but cant find one. it was in a monte carlo style stock but i bought a wooden stock and handgaurd. anyone know where i can buy an origanal 10 rnd fixed mag

jwperry
06-09-10, 07:11
thanks fellas you all provided great info. my gun came with a detachable 30 rnd mag wich is no where near the rifle. i want the factory 10 rnd fixed mag but cant find one. it was in a monte carlo style stock but i bought a wooden stock and handgaurd. anyone know where i can buy an origanal 10 rnd fixed mag

Not sure if these are instock or not, but they carry a lot of C&R rifle parts and should be able hunt one down for you.

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/Detail.aspx?pid=491080&filter=sks&catid=0

fivefivesix
06-09-10, 14:35
thanks jwperryive been searching for 3 days on the net and no one had it in stock. and thanks to the rest of you guys for answering my fng questions

Mark/MO
06-10-10, 17:23
Reading this brought a question to mind. What if a person had a stock Norinco SKS bought new in, say 1992. If this hypothetical SKS came with the bayonet attached and still had it on would the owner be in violation of 922r? :cool:

Renegade
06-10-10, 17:26
Reading this brought a question to mind. What if a person had a stock Norinco SKS bought new in, say 1992. If this hypothetical SKS came with the bayonet attached and still had it on would the owner be in violation of 922r? :cool:

No, 922(r) only applies to assembly, not possession.