PDA

View Full Version : Glockmeister has a Gen 4 Glock spring

HK45
06-08-10, 13:20
Just saw this today. They have it in different weights. I'm going to pick one up today since they are here in Phoenix and will post some pictures.

http://glockmeister.com/product_info.php?cPath=14_67&products_id=481

"Glockmeister has designed a stainless steel recoil spring assembly for the Gen 4 G17 and G22. Through extensive testing we have seen improved groupings and less perceived recoil compared to using the stock assembly. The stainless steel assembly will also provide increased reliability and ensures no breaking or cracking of the rod. ISMI recoil springs are used on this assembly. Select from either the stock weight spring or for $2 choose a custom weight spring.
Like all Glockmeister products this guide rod is made to the highest standards using the highest quality materials available. CNC machined here in the United States."

11, 13, 15, 20, 22, 24 lb weights

dancinzen@hotmail.com
06-08-10, 19:18
anything for the glock 19?

HK45
06-08-10, 19:22
Not these. They are dual springs for the new Gen 4 Glocks.

joshs
06-08-10, 19:29
They are dual springs for the new Gen 4 Glocks.

Are you sure? They appear to use the standard ISMI springs. I think it is just a new guide rod using a single spring.

Robb Jensen
06-08-10, 19:33
There's a company named Jaeger that's making them for Gen 4s in 15lb and 13lb captured.

dancinzen@hotmail.com
06-08-10, 19:36
what would you recommend to help a g19 produce better groups?

dancinzen@hotmail.com
06-08-10, 19:36
are there springs made for the g19 from a different company?

joshs
06-08-10, 19:44
what would you recommend to help a g19 produce better groups?

Practice.

are there springs made for the g19 from a different company?

Glockmeister offer a different recoil rod for the G19. It can be found here http://glockmeister.com/product_info.php?cPath=14_67&products_id=164

HK45
06-08-10, 20:14
Are you sure? They appear to use the standard ISMI springs. I think it is just a new guide rod using a single spring.

I guess I'm not sure..I was going to go by and pick one up today but ran out of time.

joshs
06-08-10, 20:40
If you click on the "enlarge" button on the above linked page it actually shows the guide rod. It looks like they developed a new guide rod to fit the Gen 4, but are still using the standard single ISMI springs. This link should show the guiderod http://glockmeister.com/popup_image.php?pID=481&image=0&osCsid=8561c2ec028cc1db2cf7bb3edb232d3f

M4arc
06-08-10, 20:45
There's a company named Jaeger that's making them for Gen 4s in 15lb and 13lb captured.

GotM4, what is the stock spring weight?

ck1
06-09-10, 11:26
Just ordered one with a 15lb spring from Glockmeister, I would've ordered the Jager one, but since there's no verdict on whether I'll be able to use it and keep the gun legal in IDPA SSP yet, figured I'd get the $10 cheaper one since it very well may end up coming out and not being used at some point... I'm not a stickler for IDPA's rules or anything, but since it's my main form of practical practice I like to carry what I use in IDPA that's all.

I settled on the 15lb ISMI working best for me after in my 3rdGen G17's and have shot mine that way for over a year, so I'm hoping it'll feel just like an old friend. We'll see how it goes I guess...

HK45
06-09-10, 11:45

Here is their website.
http://www.jagerproducts.com/guideRods.html
I have no knowledge of their product just googled them.

ck1
06-09-10, 14:08
Just ordered one with a 15lb spring from Glockmeister, I would've ordered the Jager one, but since there's no verdict on whether I'll be able to use it and keep the gun legal in IDPA SSP yet, figured I'd get the $10 cheaper one since it very well may end up coming out and not being used at some point... I'm not a stickler for IDPA's rules or anything, but since it's my main form of practical practice I like to carry what I use in IDPA that's all.

I settled on the 15lb ISMI working best for me after in my 3rdGen G17's and have shot mine that way for over a year, so I'm hoping it'll feel just like an old friend. We'll see how it goes I guess...

Check that. Found out they'll be illegal in SSP so I'm going to wait for Jager to cook up a polymer version or until Glock offers us plebs the lighter "02" version, order cancelled.