PDA

View Full Version : Light Compatiable Holsters

HES
06-08-10, 14:21
Well I have been looking for a light compatible IWB or OWB holster. So far from my searches I have found the following:

Raven Phantom
Peters Custom Holsters Spada
Blade Tek
Safariland 6320 ALS

Can anyone comment on these and share their experiences? Am I missing some models?

For me I am looking for OWB. I say OWB because at night I would simply move my M&P from its COMP-TAC Minotaur, attach the light, and put it in a light compatible holster, primary for HD use. I cant see carrying IWB with a light, or am I all wet on that?

John_Wayne777
06-08-10, 14:39
I don't carry IWB with a light, personally...

For OWB concealed carry my vote would be for the Raven. I've had one for a few years and it is the most concealable OWB holster for a pistol with a mounted light I've tried. Generally I pack it under a light jacket or something. I don't carry that way terribly often, however, primarily just for a quick trip to the store/bank/whatever and occasionally for all day wear openly carried during a training course.

Pathfinder Ops
06-08-10, 14:48
IWB I do not carry mine with a light. Plain and simple its too bulky.

OWB I use a Side Armor for my 1911 with light. I like it a lot. Solid, adjustable cant and grip on the gun.

http://www.sidearmor.com/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_3&zenid=e0oq05mgcl7hk89t086pl3j903

I do not own the others already mentioned so I can't comment other than to say there are a few guys on here who's opinions are reliable when it comes to other gear and are very much in favor of the Raven

ROCKET20_GINSU
06-08-10, 21:15
I have a Raven and Safariland 6280 both for G19 w/ X200B. I think that CCW w/ a light attached is possible w/ the raven though I personally almost never do it unless I am practicing at the range at night. I would use a vest or a jacket, T shirts even very large ones don't work well for me OWB.

I tried to CCW w/ the raven IWB but I found that it was too bulky, just my personal preference, others may find it works fine for them...though I am spoild in that I have a MS VMII for my G19 :D

GU

PRGGodfather
06-08-10, 21:21
I don't carry IWB with a light, personally...

For OWB concealed carry my vote would be for the Raven. I've had one for a few years and it is the most concealable OWB holster for a pistol with a mounted light I've tried. Generally I pack it under a light jacket or something. I don't carry that way terribly often, however, primarily just for a quick trip to the store/bank/whatever and occasionally for all day wear openly carried during a training course.

Absolutely. I am big fan of kydex, and I run my G19 with an X300 OWB, when I know I am going somewhere a little hairy. The Raven Phantom is perfect for that purpose, and I run a G26 in a Raven Ghost for daily plainclothes carry, suit and tie kind of stuff.

The Raven product is a little pricey, but worth the wait, and you really get what you pay for.

For uniform duty, we will be running the Safariland 6280.

Apollo11
06-08-10, 22:40
Raven is about as good as it gets with and without a light. The holster HUGS the hip, conceals well, and feels great on long days. I would reccomend them without reservation.

SWATcop556
06-08-10, 23:23
For uniformed or open carry the Safariland holster is great. I recently finished switching out my old 6280's for the ALS and love the setup after training with it for almost a year now. I finally felt I was where I needed to be with it. That being said it would blow as a CCW holster.

The RCS holsters are great for CCW IWB/OWB. I IWB carry a G26 and have a G19 mag for a reload off duty. I also carry a G19 w/X300 and a G17 mag for a reload in plain clothes.

Those are my applications for two of the mentioned holsters.

HK45
06-09-10, 13:54
Raven, be prepared for a wait...