PDA

View Full Version : Supplement Company Marketing Terms, The Truth!

WillBrink
06-08-10, 14:53
Ever wondered what the truth is behind the common marketing terms such as “patented” or “research proven?” or "doctor recommended" and other common terms you see in nutritional supplements ads? Here’s a video that takes a close look at these common terms designed to separate you from your money. Enjoy! :cool:

Supplement Marketing Terms Exposed (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=749mF-_chuQ)

Fyrhazzrd
06-08-10, 21:22
You forgot my favorite one.. "virtually" These supplements will Virtually melt the fat away.. Kills me every time.

BTW: Kudos for pointing these out to people. I took a few marketing courses in College and it's just hilarious what these companies think people will fall for. But the sad thing is that a lot of people really do fall for all of the marketing hype.

WillBrink
06-09-10, 07:23
You forgot my favorite one.. "virtually" These supplements will Virtually melt the fat away.. Kills me every time.

BTW: Kudos for pointing these out to people. I took a few marketing courses in College and it's just hilarious what these companies think people will fall for. But the sad thing is that a lot of people really do fall for all of the marketing hype.

Most do fall for it, or they wouldn't continue focusing their $$$ on it.