PDA

View Full Version : Ammo report!

Winnerkd
06-08-10, 22:25
Hello,

I'm letting everyone know of my experience with Fiocchi ammunition today. It's not a good one.

I recently purchased a LMT .308 and this was the first chance I had to take it to the range, I brought 2 types of magazines with me and 3 types of ammo:

MagPul PMAG 20LR
LMT 20rd

Hornady 165g BTSP
American Tactical 7.62x51
Fiocchi 150g

The Fiocchi ammo would not cycle the weapon sometimes (this also happened on my PTR91 and DSA FAL, and worst of all the LMT would blow our the primers and one got stuck in the locking lugs causing the bolt to jam until I pried it open! This is extremely underpowered ammo it seems, just a heads up, but a box or two before you get bulk of this ammo!

Pumpkinheaver
06-09-10, 19:39
Sorry for you bad experience with Fiocchi ammo. I personally have never had a problem with their stuff. Have you contacted them to see what they say?

rat31465
06-09-10, 20:28
Fiocchi America is located about 6 miles South of my location. The last time I was at the plant they were only producing Shotshells here in the good old US of A. All Metallic cartridge loadings, Pistol, Rifle and Rimfire was produced in Italy and then shipped across the water to here.

At one time they produced a hell of a Rimfire round but I was told by then President of the company (Bob Oxnard) that Italy refused to retool when their equipment started to gain significant wear.

I, like many other BR-50 shooters of the time quit using Fiocchi Rimfire and sought out a better round. Could be the same old story for Fiocchi and too bad if this is the case.

Pumpkinheaver
06-10-10, 16:22
Fiocchi America is located about 6 miles South of my location. The last time I was at the plant they were only producing Shotshells here in the good old US of A. All Metallic cartridge loadings, Pistol, Rifle and Rimfire was produced in Italy and then shipped across the water to here.

At one time they produced a hell of a Rimfire round but I was told by then President of the company (Bob Oxnard) that Italy refused to retool when their equipment started to gain significant wear.

I, like many other BR-50 shooters of the time quit using Fiocchi Rimfire and sought out a better round. Could be the same old story for Fiocchi and too bad if this is the case.

I'm pretty sure that Fiochhi rimfire ammo is now made in mexico.