PDA

View Full Version : Maryland Roll Call

graffex
06-09-10, 13:55
Trying to see who else lives in the communist state of Maryland. I live in Anne Arundel County. Curious where others shoot and train around here ;)

BigCity
06-09-10, 15:47
Carroll County here.

Shoot at Hap Baker and the AGC when I can go with a member

Ak44
06-09-10, 16:31
Check out MDShooters.com

But be weary, they aren't as knowledgeable as the classy guys on this forum.

graffex
06-09-10, 22:14
Check out MDShooters.com

Yeah I'm aware of the site. I'm asking here because this is the only forum I frequent, other gun forums are too fudd for my tastes ;) I like to associate with like minded people.

Ak44
06-09-10, 22:25
I dig your style :cool:

motoduck
06-10-10, 04:24
Shoot at Berwyn and some IDPA at AAFG. Travel for training but plenty of options within easy driving distance.

JeepDriver
06-10-10, 06:32
Baltimore County here. Shoot at Thurmont with a member, go to CCJA from time to time. Plus some private ranges in PA.

Hopefully going to the September EAG class in NOVA.

Check out MDShooters.com

Therer are few guys there that have a clue, then the rest are bargin hunters and funds.

MSP "Sarge"
06-12-10, 01:06
Eastern Shore Caroline County! Lucky to live in an area where I can shoot out back of the house.

GermanSynergy
06-20-10, 20:45
Charles County here. I do 99% of my shooting at the NRA Range in Fairfax, VA though.

Jason Krywicki
07-31-10, 20:57
Anne Arundel county as well. AAF&G and AGC member. Member at a range in PA as well. Taking the EAG class in Sept in Culpepper.

kac
08-10-10, 06:57
I'm from MD. Shoot at Hap, shoot at local (VA, MD, PA) competitions whenever I can, and mostly train at CCJA, sometimes with Jeep Driver (see above).

platoonDaddy
08-10-10, 18:22
Trying to see who else lives in the communist state of Maryland. I live in Anne Arundel County. Curious where others shoot and train around here ;)

I also live in AA and belong to the Berwyn Rod & Gun Club in Bowie Maryland

http://www.berwyn.org/

Mike123
08-22-10, 11:30
Harford County here.

SecretSquirrel
09-22-10, 17:01
AA county here. I shoot locally and in pa.

Kchen986
09-22-10, 18:08
Baltimore City here, usually shoot at AGC. Great place, although I would like some place 'higher speed' to train.

Ak44
09-22-10, 19:00
Baltimore City here, usually shoot at AGC. Great place, although I would like some place 'higher speed' to train.

What are you looking for in terms of "higher speed"?

kartoffel
09-22-10, 19:36
I fly into BWI regularly to visit family in PA. The O's are my team. I can identify with Ballmer culture, being from just across the Mason-Dixon line in York, PA.

While I would not voluntarily subject myself to actually living in Merlin, visiting is pretty fun. The national aquarium is worth a trip. The Naval Academy is pretty cool. I've got a great aunt down in Bowie. Heck, back in the day we even useda goe downy ocean to O.C.

Ak44
09-22-10, 19:38
Maryland aint bad, it certainly could be worse. But it could be better too haha I wish MD would follow suit with it's neighbors and be a shall issue state in terms of CCW.

Kchen986
09-22-10, 19:47
What are you looking for in terms of "higher speed"?

Shooting while moving, allows use of holsters, etc. Probably not going to get that unless I have a private range. Looking forward to training in VA in October though. :)

Ak44
09-22-10, 19:52
Shooting while moving, allows use of holsters, etc. Probably not going to get that unless I have a private range. Looking forward to training in VA in October though. :)

Ah ic, good luck. I go to Gilbert's and I draw from the holster there. Shooting on the move I went to Delmarva Sporting Clays and my friend's property in the boonies.

Kchen986
09-22-10, 20:02
Ah ic, good luck. I go to Gilbert's and I draw from the holster there. Shooting on the move I went to Delmarva Sporting Clays and my friend's property in the boonies.

Gilbert's lets you draw from a holster? I remember watching the 'safety video' when I first got there, and it specifically prohibited drawing from the holster. Other than the expensive ammo, I enjoyed shooting there as I could practice reloads, rapid fire, etc. However, for a range that only has <25 yards, I figured AGC was the better value for half the price. :)

Continental allows drawing from a holster, but you have to have membership and get approval from the owner. I wanted to shoot my AR too, so I thought about it but decided against it in the end.

ghostrider1
09-22-10, 20:07
P.G county over here.

Ak44
09-22-10, 20:26
Yep they let me draw from the holster....I haven't seen that safety video since 2003 haha. I get treated pretty well there, so I never bothered to go anywhere else. Good luck on your search.

Rayrevolver
09-22-10, 20:54
I just moved to St. Marys county and the closest range is 1 hour away!:angry:

I am going to start doing IDPA at Sanners Lake. Its open to the public and hopefully I can become a member next year.

platoonDaddy
09-23-10, 05:59
I just moved to St. Marys county and the closest range is 1 hour away!:angry:

I am going to start doing IDPA at Sanners Lake. Its open to the public and hopefully I can become a member next year.

What is Sanners Lake and where is it located?

Tzoid
09-23-10, 06:56
I'm in Harford County and I shoot at Elk Neck , Baltimore County Game and Fish, Delta and Southern Lancaster. Indoor at Continental Arms.

Training so far has been CCJA but I plan to attend some Tiger Swan - Grey Group classes in the near future.

kac
09-23-10, 07:03
Yeah, T, and don't forget to let me know when you're going as early as possible so I can put it on the calendar.

Tzoid
09-23-10, 07:21
Kev,

I'm thinking Saturday Oct.2nd ...... I can meet you at Hap Baker if that's easier for you.

kac
09-23-10, 07:26
Heck, I meant letting me know when you're going to TigerSwan, but 10/2 for shooting could be good! I'll call you today or tomorrow.

bgrundy
09-23-10, 14:51
New member here. Also in Carroll County. I shoot at AGC on my own time and at a number of ranges on LE time (Sykesville being the most convenient).

There are a couple of us Monumental members trying to get some changes made at ACG to allow drills, holster draw, etc. Not alot of support for that from the target pistol crowd.

Ironnewt
10-05-10, 03:01
Live in Baltimore County and shoot at Baltimore County Game & Fish. Everyonce and a while at Marriotsville, but mostly BCoG&F

platoonDaddy
10-05-10, 04:25
A few post back I asked what and where is Scanners Lake, stumbled on the web page this am:

Sanner's Lake Sportman Club Facility includes:

Skeet Range
100 yard Rifle Range with Covered Shooting Positions
50 yard Pistol Range with Covered Shooting Positions
Archery Range

Regularly scheduled club sponsored events include:

Sporting Clays Shoots
Wobble Trap Shoots
5 Stand Shoots
Skeet Shoots
IDPA
3 Gun Matches
.22 Rimfire Silhouette Matches

Black Poweder Silhouette Matches
Black Powder Paper Matches

http://www.sannerslake.us/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Directions From Points North of Lexington Park:

Take Route 4 South to Route 235 (you will cross the bridge over the Patuxent River). At 235, turn left and continue South on 235 until you see a Sheetz on your right. (This will be approximately the 5th traffic light.) Turn right at Sheets onto Chancellors Run Road. Go to the end of Chancellors Run Road and turn left onto Great Mills Road. Go approximately 1 mile until you see the driving range on the right. Sanners Lane is just before the driving range.2007-04-25

Directions From Points South of Lexington Park:

Take 235 North to Light at Great Mills Road. Turn Left and drive approximately 3 miles, where you will pass Aldridge Ford on your right. Approximately 1/2 mile past the dealership you will see the golf driving range on your left.

Sapper22
10-20-10, 10:14
Work in Baltimore County, live in PA. Shoot in both states, also in DE.

motoduck
10-21-10, 07:22
For all you Maryland guys, if your interested in a Force on Force class you might want to check this out. I have particpated in previous events and will be at this class. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=63744

travistheone
10-21-10, 07:38
Checking in here. Baltimore county.

blackboar
11-20-10, 18:58
I'm a MoCo resident. Just wish MD was Shall Issue...

Ak44
11-20-10, 19:12
I'm a MoCo resident. Just wish MD was Shall Issue...

I'm part of the Unicorn club (Handgun Permit Holders), it's not all that it's cracked up to be (ie Restrictions). It would be nice if MD followed suit like PA and VA.

Armati
11-20-10, 20:32
Live near Baltimore, work near Ft. Meade. MD is ghey like AIDS.

Your average range in MD is either run by the uber-ghey DNR, or is a private range full of Fudds who don't understand anything beyond shooting an 'ought-6' from a picnic table.

The indoor ranges are very limited and none of them are rated for rifle.

Most clubs won't deal with you unless you are vetted by another member, who is also likely a Fudd, or just ghey.

My Area 8 guy for USPSA was next to worthless.

Honestly, how do these clubs stay in business?

altramagnus
11-21-10, 06:40
Live in Baltimore county. Shoot @ Mayberry range in Westminster. Private range with a 600yd rifle, and a 25 yrd pistol that they allow carbines on.

We can shoot on the move and use holsters. There are some hunters there but so far in 3 years I haven't run into anyone that was unsafe or rude.

So being in shitty MD I am thankful this place allows us to practice drills. Agree with others regarding CCW, maybe one day they will get their head out of their asses (Doubtful).

Shawn

Armati
11-21-10, 11:12
Soo....

What's a fella got to do to join the Mayberry range?

As for CCW, yeah, don't hold your breath. I think our best bet is another SCOTUS decision or the new 'Tea Party' House introduce a Federal CCW bill. There have been a few attempts in the past.

GermanSynergy
11-21-10, 18:38
Your best bet is to drive to Fairfax for the NRA Range. It's an hour from me, but worth the drive. There is a kick ass range on the Eastern Shore (Class III shoots, etc), but it's a hike to be sure.

There's a DNR Range in La Plata that isn't half bad for shooting outdoors, but I don't like an unsupervised public range with sketchy (at times) folks using it.

MD sucks, but Class III is legal.

Live near Baltimore, work near Ft. Meade. MD is ghey like AIDS.

Your average range in MD is either run by the uber-ghey DNR, or is a private range full of Fudds who don't understand anything beyond shooting an 'ought-6' from a picnic table.

The indoor ranges are very limited and none of them are rated for rifle.

Most clubs won't deal with you unless you are vetted by another member, who is also likely a Fudd, or just ghey.

My Area 8 guy for USPSA was next to worthless.

Honestly, how do these clubs stay in business?

$CashMoney$
12-01-10, 20:14
Relatively new to AA county, do most of my shooting at work. We have some range trailers, and go down to VA to shoot sometimes.

Looking for a good club for IPSC or USPSA. The wife and I shoot Production from time to time. Also looking to start 3 gun, but I only have a pump sg now.

Also, looking to sell a Stag Model 2 HT upper, but I don't have enough posts to use the EE yet. If anyone's interested, pm me for more info and I'll email pics to you.

Sorry, I know that was shameless, but I gotta get rid of it before the new DD comes in, wife's orders!!!

Bill

Ak44
12-01-10, 20:19
http://www.aafg.org/index.html

I know a Gentleman who does IDPA with these fellas..

CEK
12-10-10, 06:44
Carroll County here, shoot at Hap Baker some but usually private range in Western Md.

brian0128
02-06-11, 20:15
Anne Arundel County here. Just got into the area. I'm stationed at Fort Meade so I'll be looking for places to shoot.

neo9710
02-06-11, 22:01
Also Anne Arundel County here..Usually head up to SEG/NRA/Gilberts. As stated before, you have to buy your ammo from Gilberts -you can thank the city of Rockville for that. If anyone remembers, it was a big deal for Gilberts to open a range. They gave them a HARD time for so long for permits and that was one one of the guidelines the city put in place..

Id like to find someplace closer..

ZX672
04-02-11, 16:37
I am in Montgomery County, moved to MD for work. Previously from TX and I can not believe how different things are in MD. At least SBRs and suppressors are legal.

I cant even hunt with my AR-10 in MD.....WTF:suicide2:

graffex
04-02-11, 16:49
I am in Montgomery County, moved to MD for work. Previously from TX and I can not believe how different things are in MD. At least SBRs and suppressors are legal.

I cant even hunt with my AR-10 in MD.....WTF:suicide2:

You can hunt with a AR-10 in MD.

ZX672
04-02-11, 16:53
I was told that you can only shoot game with rifled slug. I hope I am wrong. Could someone point me in the right direction? Any info is greatly appreciated.

motoduck
04-04-11, 06:54
The Hunting regulations can be found on the DNR (Department of natural resources) site. You can hunt with a AR15 or AR10. If I remember correctly you are limited to 8 rounds in the gun (no blocks in the mags required).

If you are talking about deer hunting, each county has its own regulations about use of center fire Rifle vs shot gun with rifled slug. Bottom line, some counties allow rifle hunting some are limited to shotgun only. It is a political as well as a population issue.

Ak44
04-04-11, 07:06
Also Anne Arundel County here..Usually head up to SEG/NRA/Gilberts. As stated before, you have to buy your ammo from Gilberts -you can thank the city of Rockville for that. If anyone remembers, it was a big deal for Gilberts to open a range. They gave them a HARD time for so long for permits and that was one one of the guidelines the city put in place..

Id like to find someplace closer..

Took 10 years to open the doors at Gilberts

Vasque16
08-12-11, 18:25
AA county myself. I have mostly traveled to NRA in NOVA to shoot. Going to look into AAFG

whiteknuckels
08-12-11, 19:35
well i dont live directly in MD, but can walk about 75-100 yrds and be in Md. i shoot at the local fish&game and my fathers private 225 yrd range...

cdb
08-12-11, 20:12
Carroll County, live about five minutes away from Hap.

platoonDaddy
08-13-11, 04:58
Anne Arundel County here. Just got into the area. I'm stationed at Fort Meade so I'll be looking for places to shoot.

http://www.berwyn.org/ Must be a member or guest of a member.

3 ranges:
1. 9-position, 100-yard range with target stands at 50, 75 and 100 yards.

2. 4-position, 50-yard range with target stands at 25 & 50 yard

3. 4-position, 50-foot range with target stands at 7 yards and 50 feet.

Currently the 200 yard is closed.

Ar1b3nz
01-04-12, 20:21
New to the forum form MoCo!

SimplyZombie
03-09-12, 07:59
New from MD, we are currently located in Damascus and run a small Zombie apparel company. Check us out at www.simplyzombie.com

agrin2005
05-14-12, 22:40
Baltimore County here .. I shoot at Hap and a few private farms..

arcamm
09-02-12, 23:27
Another one from Carroll county. 18 miles from Hap.

JeepDriver
09-03-12, 06:02
For those in Baltimore & Harford Country, there is Southern Lancaster Farmers & Sportsman Association.

$50 a year, pistol bays, pistol ranges, & 300 yard rifle range.

It's an hour from me in eastern Baltimore County. Well worth the drive.

swinokur
09-03-12, 08:21
Stalag Bethesda here.

We live in a state of denial.

Howdy Jeep !