PDA

View Full Version : Jet Funnel Mags

ranburr
06-10-10, 00:23
I am considering getting a USP 9mm. The standard grip on the USP is too short for my hand. The jet funnel adds just enough length to make it a viable option. I have read that some people have had issues with the clear mags made for jet funnel. Any truth to this?

gtmtnbiker98
06-10-10, 08:17
I'm unaware of any problems. However, you may be referring to HK's advisory against the Jet Funnel's use for LE and Military use. It is a bit hazy as to why HK mentions this, but that would be the only "issue" that I'm aware of.

majette
06-10-10, 09:31
I'm unaware of any problems. However, you may be referring to HK's advisory against the Jet Funnel's use for LE and Military use. It is a bit hazy as to why HK mentions this, but that would be the only "issue" that I'm aware of.

hk has said the mags are for sporting and range use and not designed to withstand the rigors of le and .mil usage. their explanation is mag bodies may deform/split and the springs may weaken if the mag is loaded for extended periods of time.

glockshooter
06-10-10, 14:22
I have been using the white HK mags with the jet funnel mag well for years. It has been 100% reliable. There is nothing to worry about with these mags and funnel.

Matt

Safetyhit
06-10-10, 16:19
I am considering getting a USP 9mm. The standard grip on the USP is too short for my hand.

I am also in the USP market, though likely .40 cal.

However recently more than one knowledgeable person has suggested the P30 as the better option. Just mentioning because on top of the practicality of the advice perhaps it may help a bit with the grip issue.

gtmtnbiker98
06-10-10, 16:30
I am also in the USP market, though likely .40 cal.

However recently more than one knowledgeable person has suggested the P30 as the better option. Just mentioning because on top of the practicality of the advice perhaps it may help a bit with the grip issue.
The P30 has really won me over, that is for sure.

longball
06-10-10, 22:11

ranburr
06-10-10, 22:58

I want a model with a thumb safety that I can ride like a 1911. The P30S model positions the safety in such a way that it is not possible for me to obtain my desired grip.

rdubya
06-11-10, 19:55
For what it's worth and this is first hand knowledge, our agency issued H&K with the LEM trigger, clear mags and jet funnel. Of the 15 members on the team, everyone, we could not get through a qual without several malfunctions. H&K reps flew out and spent a day with us at the range. They also experienced malfunctions. After swapping mag springs the malfunctions were less but not totally gone. Of the members on the team one continued to carry the H&K (jet funnel removed) the rest switched to and carried other weapon systems. I will say this occurred approxmately 4 years ago and I have not kept up with any changes H&K might have done to either mags or the jet funnel.

glockshooter
06-12-10, 15:33
My dept issues USP40 fullsize and compact. My duty weapon has been 100% reliable. I bought a USP9 LEM with jet funnel mag well for matches. It has also been 100% reliable. I am not really a HK fan but they do work well. I would much prefer to carry a Glock. As I recall the only dept guns that have ever had problems were the compacts. They have isolated those problems to worn out recoil springs.