PDA

View Full Version : DD 16" CHF barrel installed on an ACR

lowjack
06-10-10, 14:25
This is just a rehash from barf.com but I will post pics and info when it become avaible.

Author test fired it and says it works 100rds down range.

I just bought a barrel and will be sbr'ing it tomarrow (the paper work that is)

variablebinary
06-10-10, 14:41
Pics, amigo. Por favor

lowjack
06-10-10, 15:14
Pics, amigo. Por favor

Trying Big Dog, asap

ForTehNguyen
06-10-10, 15:53
to be able to do this they must indeed be standard AR barrels. Only thing different of course is the gas system, piston clamp, and the ratchet/barrel nut assembly. Becomes proprietary once you add those parts on.

steve-oh
06-10-10, 18:36
That makes the ACR a little bit more approachable in my book. Interesting.

ForTehNguyen
06-10-10, 23:15
pics of the barrel job are up:
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=28&t=190902

wild_wild_wes
06-11-10, 00:11
That makes the ACR a little bit more approachable in my book. Interesting.

Indeed. The one clear advantage of the SACR was its high quality CHF barrel. This evens things up.

variablebinary
06-11-10, 00:42
Indeed. The one clear advantage of the SACR was its high quality CHF barrel. This evens things up.

All the Bushy ACR barrels are CHF as well, and nitride treated so they dont need to be phosphated or chromed either.

What sucks about Bushy ACR barrels is they are M4 profile and HBAR = the suck

Iraqgunz
06-11-10, 02:07
I'll get excited when Remington finally releases their version of the ACR.

rob_s
06-11-10, 05:14
I'll get excited when Remington finally releases their version of the ACR.

The party line has been that it will be identical except for barrel twist, and that BM will be releasing guns with a 1:7 thereby making them totally identical. Have you heard otherwise?

variablebinary
06-11-10, 10:33
The party line has been that it will be identical except for barrel twist, and that BM will be releasing guns with a 1:7 thereby making them totally identical. Have you heard otherwise?

Speculation based upon comments by Remmy and Bushy indicates the Remmy model will be lighter, with some differences in the design and materials

It's just speculation that might have been taken out of context or misinterpreted

I personally dont expect the Remmy model to be all that different.

rob_s
06-11-10, 10:53
Speculation based upon comments by Remmy and Bushy indicates the Remmy model will be lighter, with some differences in the design and materials

It's just speculation that might have been taken out of context or misinterpreted

I personally dont expect the Remmy model to be all that different.

do you have a source for these comments? what I am going off of is the webcast with Drake and the Remington guy fro TOS.

variablebinary
06-11-10, 11:02
do you have a source for these comments? what I am going off of is the webcast with Drake and the Remington guy fro TOS.

I dont. I recall reading the Remmy version would be lighter, but it was so long ago I cant even begin to remember where that was posted.

wild_wild_wes
06-11-10, 11:53
All the Bushy ACR barrels are CHF as well, and nitride treated so they dont need to be phosphated or chromed either.

What sucks about Bushy ACR barrels is they are M4 profile and HBAR = the suck

I did not know the barrels were CHF!

Agree on M4 profile suckage. ("Gov't" profile too).

spamsammich
06-11-10, 12:37
dammit, i should just keep off that site. Dudes wanting to put a 13.7" heavy barrel with a KX3 on it want to make me bleach my eyes. Hey! Let's take an already front heavy gun and make it a REAL pig of a thing by adding over a pound to it! That would look SWEET in my safe! -It's like passing a train wreck.

lowjack
06-11-10, 13:40
dammit, i should just keep off that site. Dudes wanting to put a 13.7" heavy barrel with a KX3 on it want to make me bleach my eyes. Hey! Let's take an already front heavy gun and make it a REAL pig of a thing by adding over a pound to it! That would look SWEET in my safe! -It's like passing a train wreck.

I was planning on going with a 10.5 and a kx3 on it but it won't fit through the hand guards.

lowjack
06-12-10, 16:26
Author just weighed his barrel assembly and cam up with a .3 pond of a difference. This was just a regular dd barrel

I bought a bcm middly and will send it into adco for a light weight job when it comes in

ColdDeadHands
02-01-11, 06:31
I know this is an old thread but I was looking for info if the ACR uses a Mid length barrel.