PDA

View Full Version : Free-float Forearm Advice Needed

OldTimer
06-10-10, 18:10
I have a CMMG 18" SPR Midlength with a YHM single Picatinny gas block. It currently has the M.I. non-free-float handguards. I have attached a Harris bipod using the Larue adapter. However, my reading here indicates that this will most likely result in a shift in the POI. I am wondering which free-float system would work well with my set-up. I am not very mechanical and am willing to ship the upper off to have a system installed if that would be best. Thanks for any advice you can give me.

EzGoingKev
06-10-10, 20:03
I put a LaRue on mine.

Belmont31R
06-10-10, 20:43
LaRue, Daniel Defense or Knights.

FWIW KAC (knights) just lowered the price on their URX rails, and the rifle length is 380 now but it includes a built in front BUIS. If you put a troy or the likes on a LaRue or DD rail it would end up being pricier.

I personally recommend Gun Gallery in Jax, FL to do rail installs. If you buy the rail from them it includes free install which a lot of other places dont do. They've done several builds for me, and do great work. Neil is the guy you want to talk to there....

OldTimer
06-10-10, 22:40
Thank you, both. Belmont 31R, I'll check with Gun Gallery.

BIGUGLY
06-12-10, 09:16
Another vote for Daniel Defense, I couldnt' be happier with my free float rail from them.