PDA

View Full Version : New to AR wanting to get some basic info

lowki13
06-10-10, 23:54
ok so im new to the AR arena of fire arms. last few years ive shot a Mosin nagant, Remington 20g as well as a cz75 and 1911. as a CA resident i know a bit bout the stuff im gonna go through to own an AR here. my basic questions:

If i choose a 6.8 can i use a 20rd 5.56 Pmag as a 10round 6.8 mag?

Are Noveske Kx3 legal in CA or illegal? ive heard them reffered to as Flash hider's as well as Flash supressors. i know one is illegal the other isn't as long as its Afixed.

after surfing the CA DOJ web page and not finding the info
if i choose a 12"rail hand gaurd with my 16" barrel will i have to sacrafice my pistol grip even if i also have a fixed 10 round mag and a CTR stock?

finally im wondering if there is ANY 7.62 lower that is CA legal i know that SR-25 and AR-10 are both illegal in ca. any one have any advice?

like i said im a noob to the AR realm my godbro is SJPD so ive shot his AW at the range but im looking into private ownership.

bkb0000
06-11-10, 00:20
www.calguns.net

lowki13
06-11-10, 00:22
yea i checked them out and most of the stuff im looking into i have had to sift through loads of threads jsut to get a half @$$ answer to a simple question. and nobody on Calguns.net knows bout the Kx3 some say legal some say illegal.

bkb0000
06-11-10, 00:28
http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=kx3556p&cat=11&page=1&search=&since=&status=

it's a flash hider.. sorry.

lowki13
06-11-10, 00:34
le sigh guess i should consider movin to oregon lol

bkb0000
06-11-10, 00:35
**** yes, you should. i'm not gonna go off like it'd like to, but in short- it's my opinion that all Constitution-loving Americans should get the hell out of that place.

let it burn, man.. let it burn.

lowki13
06-11-10, 01:24
lol wish i could but i love the land and lay out but hate teh politics. lol oregon is looking better and better. lol

perna
06-11-10, 01:32
I find it hard to believe that people actually deal with all the regulations of CA, and it isnt only about guns, everything I own with a motor on it says not legal for sale in CA.

Jake Bauer
06-11-10, 01:40
it's my opinion that all Constitution-loving Americans should get the hell out of that place.

let it burn, man.. let it burn.

Amen Brother, you know when I was a kid, one of my elementary school teachers told us that California will one day break off and float away due to all the seismic activity... wonder when that day will get here? :)

lowki13
06-11-10, 01:45
i think the gun nuts should come take over its a beautiful state just has RETARDS living here. lol. I work in part for the state as an assisted living attendant love my job hate that the Governor wants to pull my paycheck away from me. all because old ass Republican politicans want a bigger pention plan. that and dont realize that the 48k a year they spend on me is a third of what they would spend per patient every year to keep them in a state run facility. In home care FTW lol. oregon keeps looking better and better.

perna
06-11-10, 02:12
all because old ass Republican politicans want a bigger pention plan.

LOL, elect more Dems, that will help your gun issues.

lowki13
06-11-10, 02:19
thats my catch 22 as a Militant Liberal. lol the dems might help me keep my job but take my guns. a rep would take my check but let me have more guns ! FML! lol

Jake Bauer
06-11-10, 14:57
thats my catch 22 as a Militant Liberal. lol the dems might help me keep my job but take my guns. a rep would take my check but let me have more guns ! FML! lol

Liberals are the tax raisers friend. They're after your check ;)