Slater
06-11-10, 11:57
Weak Euro or poor sales?:

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1276243581h5zs0j2s0bh

ST911
06-11-10, 13:23
Weak Euro or poor sales?:
http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/1276243581h5zs0j2s0bh

Can't speak for Beretta but I know they aren't moving, much less flying, off dealer shelves.

rathos
06-11-10, 13:31
Beretta has some of the worst sales guys ever. Our old LE rep told us they were discontinuing the 92, which they obviously haven't and if we wanted parts we should look to ebay. Didn't even offer us a deal on switching to the Storm or offer it as a possibility. I can see why they would be looking to lower prices to make their guns more attractive.

TOrrock
06-11-10, 13:33
That rotary barrel is a deal breaker for a lot of folks.

Are there any respected agencies issuing the PX-4?

Slater
06-11-10, 13:35
I've heard the PX-4 being promoted as mechanically superior to the older 92FS/M9 series. Accurate?

blackboar
06-11-10, 14:12
According to almost everyone's experience, the PX4 is INFERIOR to the 92fs/M9 is all reliability issues.
It is lighter and more compact but there are way better options out there other than Beretta if that is your concern.
I'd trust my 92fs over a PX4 anyday

John_Wayne777
06-11-10, 14:57
That rotary barrel is a deal breaker for a lot of folks.

Are there any respected agencies issuing the PX-4?

The Canadian version of the Border Patrol issues them...or at least they used to. I think there is also a department in Maryland that issues them as well...possibly even the state police? Those are the only ones I know of.

QuadBomb
06-11-10, 18:12
I believe it is the Maryland State Police. They were using 96s before.

GermanSynergy
06-11-10, 19:34
The Canadian version of the Border Patrol issues them...or at least they used to. I think there is also a department in Maryland that issues them as well...possibly even the state police? Those are the only ones I know of.

MSP issues them, but many other county agencies have dropped the 96 for the M&P 40. I've yet to meet someone that was issued one that had anything nice to say about them. Caveat Emptor.

I heard that the Canadian Customs guys carried them. Seems like an odd choice, when they could have gone with a much more proven/durable/reliable platform (M&P, Glock)..

GLOCKMASTER
06-11-10, 20:11
All Beretta did was reincarnate the Cougar which was probably the biggest POS they have ever made, besides the 1200 series shotguns, into a polymer POS they called the PX4. Now they cannot sell them, again.

Outlander Systems
06-12-10, 00:23
You mean the Italian Ruger P-Series? :p

I think its lack of popularity is from shit ergonomics and an operating system with a checkered past at best.

The compatibility with the CX4-series was a cool gimmick, but just that. Both platforms are far too undersupported to have a life outside of novelty.

skyugo
06-12-10, 00:39
according to wikipedia:

Announced in late 2007, Project Allegiance has Beretta USA footing the bill for a $10,000 death benefit for any law enforcement officer who participates in the program. "Participate" means purchasing a Px4, and registering with the program. It's good for three years after the purchase. Beretta is also offering, as part of the benefit, free counseling, legal, and financial advice to the survivors of the officer who is killed in the line of duty. [2]

yeah that's just what i want.. free funeral with purchase of pistol :p isn't there some kind of malfunction clearance drill for these things that involves a mallet?

ST911
06-12-10, 00:47
You mean the Italian Ruger P-Series? :p

Wow. Harsh. :D:D:D:D

Outlander Systems
06-12-10, 01:16
Wow. Harsh. :D:D:D:D

;)

Beretta: had me at M9, and lost me at everything else.